Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Oso

Quote from: Kidder81 on January 05, 2024, 06:14:08 PMWho is "blaming" anyone for anything you eejit ?

I am telling you both teams last played a competitive game in November, (which weren't competitive) they are young fellas playing on a big stage, you aren't going to get a consistent level of performance all the time at that age.

Not one GT player will give a fiddlers f**k what any of us think.

You have seen better Mageean finals ? Well done. There are no style points available though.

So what was your point when you quoted me and referred to "some people are forgetting"?  What was I forgetting in reference to what?

On one hand you seem to be trying to justify that is wasn't great hurling by dismissing the standard of all the rest of the teams in the competition and also throwing in the long lay off since the beginning of November. On the other hand you are stating that it's "young fellas playing on a big stage" and "you're not going to get a consistent level of performance all the time at that age" implying that regardless of the standard of the rest of the teams and regardless of a long layoff that's what happens anyway at this age group.

So your point again that I was forgetting what in reference to what????  You don't have a point because you haven't made it clear.  I have an opinion, just as you do, and this is a forum where we can all post if we choose.

I merely asked you how do you think the running of the Mageean could be adjusted so that the issues you raised or pointed out could be addressed......otherwise they'll keep being issues.  Not forgetting there is an All Ireland colleges competition to play for after the Mageean and unless the tournament is rescheduled you're always going to encounter a long layoff somewhere along the line.

I'm sure the Tower boys won't give a toss what you or I think, you're right.  It'll be the pinnacle of many of their careers.

north_antrim_hound

Why has mc louglan from cushendall comiited to Derry county hurling.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Saffrongael

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on January 09, 2024, 03:25:24 PMWhy has mc louglan from cushendall comiited to Derry county hurling.

Christy McNaughton I assume you mean ?
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Saffrongael on January 09, 2024, 03:27:03 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on January 09, 2024, 03:25:24 PMWhy has mc louglan from cushendall comiited to Derry county hurling.

Oh sorry
I seen blue helmet and 15 thought it was mc loughlan
Long time since Christy looked like that
My bad

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Saffrongael

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on January 09, 2024, 03:38:30 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on January 09, 2024, 03:27:03 PM

Oh sorry
I seen blue helmet and 15 thought it was mc loughlan
Long time since Christy looked like that
My bad

I assume it's the Gaelic Life photo ? Which I assume is from the All Ireland club final against Na Pairsaigh in 2016, so almost 8 years ago. But it's a strange one.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

NorthAntrim

Ridiculous move. Surely full fitness and a regular start for club would be a better goal

imtommygunn

What's going on there? I don't have a subscription to the GL so don't even know what the story is.

Saffrongael

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 09, 2024, 04:03:14 PMWhat's going on there? I don't have a subscription to the GL so don't even know what the story is.

Just that he is among the new faces with Derry hurlers, is there still a GPA grant for all IC players ?  ;) 

imtommygunn

How does he qualify? Does he not live in cushendall and both parents are from there??

NorthAntrim

Quote from: Saffrongael on January 09, 2024, 04:07:42 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on January 09, 2024, 04:03:14 PMWhat's going on there? I don't have a subscription to the GL so don't even know what the story is.

Just that he is among the new faces with Derry hurlers, is there still a GPA grant for all IC players ?  ;) 
Quote from: imtommygunn on January 09, 2024, 04:09:22 PMHow does he qualify? Does he not live in cushendall and both parents are from there??

does it matter? i thought you could IC transfer now up to 2 players

SaffronSports

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 09, 2024, 04:09:22 PMHow does he qualify? Does he not live in cushendall and both parents are from there??

His mum is from Ballymena and his dad is Cushendall. I think his grandparents on his dad's side are possibly from Derry or certainly somewhere else as I remember one of the interviews Sambo done he spoke about how his parents were from elsewhere but ended up in Cushendall. Not sure if there's a granny rule in GAA like the old Republic of Ireland teams.

Interesting to see how he gets on. In terms of pure hurling he's got a lot of talent. Not going to play for Antrim now so there must be something that makes him eligible for Derry so good luck to the lad.

NorthAntrim

Hes a great fella in fairness so best wishes and hope it goes how he wishes. Might turn out good for him. Big preseaon, good level to play at and come back to the dall and be a big big player for them like he can be

SaffronSports

Quote from: NorthAntrim on January 09, 2024, 04:20:24 PMHes a great fella in fairness so best wishes and hope it goes how he wishes. Might turn out good for him. Big preseaon, good level to play at and come back to the dall and be a big big player for them like he can be

Derry will probably be at the business end of the Christy Ring Cup so he could certainly help them out.

imtommygunn

Quote from: NorthAntrim on January 09, 2024, 04:20:24 PMHes a great fella in fairness so best wishes and hope it goes how he wishes. Might turn out good for him. Big preseaon, good level to play at and come back to the dall and be a big big player for them like he can be

He's a massively skillful player - tbh there's not many I have seen in antrim more skillful than him but the physical demands of the modern game don't seem to suit him for whatever reason. Seems like a good spud and hope he does well. If he got himself into good physical shape he'd be a massive asset for cushendall.