Colm O'Rourke "abused and insulted" by Tyrone fans

Started by Cletus Fox, August 30, 2015, 11:26:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Il Bomber Destro

O'Rourke has exposed himself as a hypocrite with his scant lip service to a match stacked with unsavoury incidents.

moysider

Quote from: The Trap on August 31, 2015, 12:21:56 AM
Colm on way out and not be missed.......let him
Take meath and brolly take Derry.......I would say they would really be found out then.......

Colm made a trade of ridiculing/hating on Mayo. Much the same as McGee did as well.

Now I don t know about McGee (don t care) but Colm was tipping us to beat Dublin! I know he hates the Dubs as well but wtf is that about.

Likes of O Rourke, McGee never got us. It used to annoy me a long time ago but don't don t heed that shite now. After all the crap we ve got down the years we re still standing again. Back into the lion's den next Saturday.

Young lads in their late teens in counties like Cork, Meath, Tyrone, Down, Galway were born with a silver spoon in their mouths' in successful counties. Where are they?  The current Mayo team were born into misery ridicule and injustice. The fall guys from Mayo  the only team to consistently try to upset the applecart of the Kerry/Dublin love-in.   

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on August 31, 2015, 01:56:31 AM
Take meath and brolly take Derry.......I would say they would really be found out then.......

Colm made a trade of ridiculing/hating on Mayo. Much the same as McGee did as well.

Now I don t know about McGee (don t care) but Colm was tipping us to beat Dublin! I know he hates the Dubs as well but wtf is that about.

Likes of O Rourke, McGee never got us. It used to annoy me a long time ago but don't don t heed that shite now. After all the crap we ve got down the years we re still standing again. Back into the lion's den next Saturday.

Young lads in their late teens in counties like Cork, Meath, Tyrone, Down, Galway were born with a silver spoon in their mouths' in successful counties. Where are they?  The current Mayo team were born into misery ridicule and injustice. The fall guys from Mayo  the only team to consistently try to upset the applecart of the Kerry/Dublin love-in.

Ah cmon Moy. Mayo lads think Connacht is their birthright. As cocky as any Galway lads and more insufferable because football just means more to Mayo people.

Mayo are no hard luck story, they're building on the back of many other Mayo teams that were good to very good. The only difference between Mayo and the counties you've mentioned is they got over the line on a certain Sunday in September. Take a walk in the shoes of a Sligo or Leitrim supporter before you cry a river for yourself.

vallankumous

O'Rourke comes across as desperate and lacking class. The President was answering direct questions and maybe should have been more careful but O'Rourke and Brolly (on twittter) launch an attacking defence. It gives the impression they're worried.

I wonder did it have an impact on The Sunday Game panel tonight criticising players without being offensive or issuing demands?

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on August 31, 2015, 02:04:06 AM
Quote from: moysider on August 31, 2015, 01:56:31 AM

Ah cmon Moy. Mayo lads think Connacht is their birthright. As cocky as any Galway lads and more insufferable because football just means more to Mayo people.

Mayo are no hard luck story, they're building on the back of many other Mayo teams that were good to very good. The only difference between Mayo and the counties you've mentioned is they got over the line on a certain Sunday in September. Take a walk in the shoes of a Sligo or Leitrim supporter before you cry a river for yourself.

Wha?

J70

Found out? Why?

Does one have to have the proven ability to be a top class intercounty manager to comment on football?

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: stew on August 31, 2015, 01:26:39 AM
Quote from: rrhf on August 30, 2015, 11:47:14 PM
Trap has to call him on his bias punditry.   O Rourke is an agenda driven bullshitter with a patronising demeanour.  Deserves all the slagging he gets from the fans.

You cannot defend the indefensible, O'Rourke is right and this comment from Tyrone's resident twat says it all really!

Lay off the vino

delgany

Dear  colm   you spout your opinions  put  your hand out to accept the payments...accept the crticisms of others who arent being paid ... build a bridge man....

deiseach

Quote from: delgany on August 31, 2015, 09:25:01 AM
Dear  colm   you spout your opinions  put  your hand out to accept the payments...accept the crticisms of others who arent being paid ... build a bridge man....

This. I think Colm needs to realise that Uachtarán Chumann Lúthchleas Gael has a different job description to Uachtarán na hÉireann. There's no rule saying the former can't speak their mind. If anything we need him to speak out more rather than leaving it in the hands of unelected bureaucrats. Say what you like, Colm. But the freedom to criticise cuts both ways.

GJL

So it seems Colm is happy to give it but can't take it.

I'd be amazed if RTE do not do a major clean out of TSG after the season is over.

ONeill

There are a few lads 'abused and insulted' by the Sunday Game panel.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

AZOffaly

Quote from: ONeill on August 31, 2015, 09:51:34 AM
There are a few lads 'abused and insulted' by the Sunday Game panel.

Exactly. I wouldn't condone abusing a man, but how do he and Brolly and Spillane expect people to feel? They are not a bit shy about getting personal with people so they can hardly be too surprised when others react negatively to that. This is a small country, and every player or manager or referee that the lads go overboard on has brothers, friends, clubmates etc and it's hardly surprising they'd have a go.

Keep the analysis non-personal, and maybe the public won't let their criticism of you be personal either.

deiseach

The more I read it, the more tiresome it becomes. Does he seriously think three-quarters of a million people are tuning in to watch him?

AZOffaly

And that it's purpose is " The show creates debate, arouses some controversy and deals with issues without fear or favour. "

Apart from the obvious bullshit of the last part of the sentence, I'd have thought the show should inform, analyse and give insight. It's telling that he feels the show creates debate and controversy. It's not f**king Jeremy Kyle.