Colm O'Rourke "abused and insulted" by Tyrone fans

Started by Cletus Fox, August 30, 2015, 11:26:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaillimhIarthair

The analysis by Canavan, McGuinness and Connell @ HT & FT on Sky leaves the RTE panel in the halfpenny place - they analyse whats actually happening on the pitch and gives the TV viewer an excellent insight to the tactical battles and how the game evolved. 

BennyHarp

Being such a manly man, I'm surprised Colm is getting so upset by this.
That was never a square ball!!

deiseach

And there must be a few people who tune into Sky just to, uh, look at one of the participants in the studio. I hear Pat Spillane is planning to dye his hair back to its original flaxen splendour.

Talks a good game

Quote from: deiseach on August 31, 2015, 10:28:58 AM
And there must be a few people who tune into Sky just to, uh, look at one of the participants in the studio. I hear Pat Spillane is planning to dye his hair back to its original flaxen splendour.

Guilty, Peter is hot stuff  :-*

yellowcard

For all the praise that Sky seem to get on here, how is it that only 1,500 Irish viewers watched the Kerry v Tyrone semi final on Sky as opposed to 750,000 on RTE.

AZOffaly

How many have Sky Sports Subscriptions? I know I watched it on Sky. I know most people would still watch it on RTE but I just can't stomach them any more.

Dinny Breen

I watch on Sky. Quite honestly can't stand Martin Carney, Tom Carr, Joe Brolly, Colm O'Rourke and Pat Spillane.

Don't mind the analysts on the evening show, enjoyed the 3 lads last night and Whelan was reasonably objective, McStay less so, O'Se I feel can offer more but happy enough with the odd nugget he offers.

#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 31, 2015, 11:33:39 AM
I watch on Sky. Quite honestly can't stand Martin Carney, Tom Carr, Joe Brolly, Colm O'Rourke and Pat Spillane.

Don't mind the analysts on the evening show, enjoyed the 3 lads last night and Whelan was reasonably objective, McStay less so, O'Se I feel can offer more but happy enough with the odd nugget he offers.

I don't mind Carney. I can take O'Rourke as well. Carney reminds me of a kindly uncle. He wouldn't see malice in it if 4 lads broke into his house and robbed everything around him.

westbound

Quote from: yellowcard on August 31, 2015, 11:22:21 AM
For all the praise that Sky seem to get on here, how is it that only 1,500 Irish viewers watched the Kerry v Tyrone semi final on Sky as opposed to 750,000 on RTE.

Is that accurate? Only 1,500 people watched it on sky?

I know the numbers with sky subscriptions is a prohibiting factor for increasing the viewership on sky, but surely there was more than that watching it?

Sky surely won't keep it going if that's all they are getting to watch it!

Rois

I didn't go near RTE yesterday for any coverage, neither the match nor TSG. 
It winds me up a bit too much.

I'd choose Sky every time if offered.

ONeill

Quote from: Rois on August 31, 2015, 11:48:48 AM

You're only watchin it for the eye-candy.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

rrhf

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 31, 2015, 10:00:50 AM
And that it's purpose is " The show creates debate, arouses some controversy and deals with issues without fear or favour. "

Apart from the obvious bullshit of the last part of the sentence, I'd have thought the show should inform, analyse and give insight. It's telling that he feels the show creates debate and controversy. It's not f**king Jeremy Kyle.
Well put!

Rois

Quote from: ONeill on August 31, 2015, 11:50:35 AM
Quote from: Rois on August 31, 2015, 11:48:48 AM

You're only watchin it for the eye-candy.
I watch it to see how far Senan Connell can lean in to someone without falling off the seat.

Main Street

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 31, 2015, 10:00:50 AM
And that it's purpose is " The show creates debate, arouses some controversy and deals with issues without fear or favour. "

Apart from the obvious bullshit of the last part of the sentence, I'd have thought the show should inform, analyse and give insight. It's telling that he feels the show creates debate and controversy. It's not f**king Jeremy Kyle.
That's disingenuous AZ, you are attributing  something that O'Rourke did not say.
It's bullshit to claim he said the show was about creating debate and controversy.
Pundits giving their informed opinion on a show naturally creates debate and on occasion controversy.

Apart from that, the manly noble  Colm is not being sensitive to criticism, he's making a stance for freedom, no higher cause.
Freedom of journalists and pundits to express their considered opinion on the game without interference from GAA authorities  and Tyrone thugs. And no surrender to the happy clappy (overdosed on Miranda) Sky Sports theme of whatever you say, say nothing negative.
Any opinions here from Tyrone fans, who are just so predictably lemoned up to the hilt, can be dismissed out of hand ;D

north down

Sure isn't the man making a living out of criticism and abuse - he can hardly complain.