The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Quote from: J70 on June 08, 2020, 01:30:02 PM
Quote from: whitey on June 08, 2020, 01:08:29 PM

"I had heard that the sc**bag NYPD sergeants union boss had released her personal details on Twitter after she was arrested during one of the protests last week."

The "the" refers to the union boss, not the adjective I used to describe him.

You wrote "So this guys officers have been run over by looters, shot, stabbed, spat at, firebombed and had rocks and bottles of urine thrown at them.....and yet in your opinion he's the sc**bag."

At no point did I compare or contrast the union boss and his behaviour with that of the rioters who were shooting, firebombing etc.

I asked you if you think his behaviour was/is appropriate. If you think trying to make a political/PR point against the mayor (a mayor who has been under a lot of fire for his defense of the NYPD BTW) by publishing his daughter's personal details on the internet for all the world to see,in the aftermath of her arrest during a peaceful protest, is appropriate, then just have some balls and say so.

I agree with you he shouldn't have done it, but given what his officers have had to deal with I'm not surprised he did. To say he is a/the sc**bag for doing it is completely off the reservation though

If I were a taxpayer in the city of New York and the Mayors daughter was "peacefully" participating in a riot and blocking emergency vehicles from rendering aid to injured officers, I know who I'd be calling a sc**bag.

HiMucker

Quote from: whitey on June 08, 2020, 01:52:36 PM

"I had heard that the sc**bag NYPD sergeants union boss had released her personal details on Twitter after she was arrested during one of the protests last week."

You wrote "So this guys officers have been run over by looters, shot, stabbed, spat at, firebombed and had rocks and bottles of urine thrown at them.....and yet in your opinion he's the sc**bag."

At no point did I compare or contrast the union boss and his behaviour with that of the rioters who were shooting, firebombing etc.

I asked you if you think his behaviour was/is appropriate. If you think trying to make a political/PR point against the mayor (a mayor who has been under a lot of fire for his defense of the NYPD BTW) by publishing his daughter's personal details on the internet for all the world to see,in the aftermath of her arrest during a peaceful protest, is appropriate, then just have some balls and say so.

I agree with you he shouldn't have done it, but given what his officers have had to deal with I'm not surprised he did. To say he is a/the sc**bag for doing it is completely off the reservation though

If I were a taxpayer in the city of New York and the Mayors daughter was "peacefully" participating in a riot and blocking emergency vehicles from rendering aid to injured officers, I know who I'd be calling a sc**bag.
I remember my da telling me the up roar there was in Derry at the civil rights marchers when they were obstructing the emergency services from getting through ::)
You are shameless. Not one fcuk could you give about protesters holding up emergency services to people, but as long as its good for a bit of point scoring or political gymnastics that will do it.

whitey

Nothing whatsoever to do with Bloody Sunday

The soccer hooligans rioting at Lansdowne Rd, would be a better analogy

Remember last weekend in New York  there were protesters, there were rioters and there were looters....3 completely separate groups. She was one of the rioters

And while you are at it, I might as well share another unpopular opinion I have. Who do you clowns from the North think we're funding and arming you in the 1970s and 1980s when you were pariahs in the world stage. Who do you think funded NORAID and organized shipments of arms? Who turned a blind eye to all the illegal fundraisers in the barrooms of South Boston and the Bronx that I saw with my own to eyes

J70

Quote from: whitey on June 08, 2020, 01:52:36 PM

1. If you have evidence that she was rioting and blocking emergency vehicles, go ahead and post it.
2. Mullins has a history of inflammatory and ill-advised public pronouncements and posts. He does his union members no favours whatsoever. He is an obnoxious sc**bag who likes to pick on easy targets to make his "points". If the sergeants union ever calls me looking for contributions, they will not get any while he is in charge.

J70

Quote from: whitey on June 08, 2020, 01:45:52 PM

Daily Mail published it

He retweeted it

According to who?

They had to take the tweet down within an hour. The Mail still has their story up, albeit without some of the personal ID info.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: whitey on June 08, 2020, 11:35:37 AM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 08, 2020, 03:55:31 AM
What's wrong with her?

Not that one. The one where she's half asleep on the train

Why does someone need an intervention if there's a picture of her half asleep on the train?

whitey

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 08, 2020, 03:33:56 PM
Quote from: whitey on June 08, 2020, 11:35:37 AM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 08, 2020, 03:55:31 AM
What's wrong with her?

Not that one. The one where she's half asleep on the train

Why does someone need an intervention if there's a picture of her half asleep on the train?

You asked for it

https://mobile.twitter.com/marcbrooks111/status/1269999541647966208/photo/1

I tried to PM you, but for some unknown reason you have me blocked

trueblue1234

Might be worth marking that NSFW.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

J70

How did that photo get out? I presume it was private?

whitey

Quote from: J70 on June 08, 2020, 04:36:50 PM

As I said, she needs serious help. Someone probably snapped it on the Subway....it wasn't a selfie

I did get a chuckle out of the "fvck capitalism" tattoo. I seem to remember her mom at one point had a six figure do nothing job at Bank of America

J70

Quote from: whitey on June 08, 2020, 05:03:09 PM

As I said, she needs serious help. Someone probably snapped it on the Subway....it wasn't a selfie

I did get a chuckle out of the "fvck capitalism" tattoo. I seem to remember her mom at one point had a six figure do nothing job at Bank of America

A boyfriend girlfriend could have snapped it and it could have been subsequently leaked. Doesn't have to be a selfie to be private. Do you have more details to justify your diagnosis?

As for the tatoo, she'd hardly be the first kid to rebel against her parents.

What "do nothing" job did her mother have?

whitey

Quote from: J70 on June 08, 2020, 05:14:27 PM

A boyfriend girlfriend could have snapped it and it could have been subsequently leaked. Doesn't have to be a selfie to be private. Do you have more details to justify your diagnosis?

No I don't have certified copies of her health records, but given her public struggles with addiction and mental illness and the number of times I've been around the block, that's the diagnosis from Dr Whitey.

BTW....how do you feel about your tax dollars being used to help her move apartment last year?

Life is grand

J70

Quote from: whitey on June 08, 2020, 05:17:36 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 08, 2020, 05:14:27 PM

No I don't have certified copies of her health records, but given her public struggles with addiction and mental illness and the number of times I've been around the block, that's the diagnosis from Dr Whitey.

BTW....how do you feel about your tax dollars being used to help her move apartment last year?

Life is grand

Such a photo without any context about how it came into existence is not indicative of any mental issue.

The apartment move - very inappropriate use of both taxpayer money AND police time. Sadly, such corruption is a very common problem across the political spectrum.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: whitey on June 08, 2020, 02:05:49 PM

Fukk me.

So (according to you) the protesters' grievances are as legitimate as those of a pack of English soccer thugs?
i usse an speelchekor

whitey

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on June 08, 2020, 06:20:41 PM
Quote from: whitey on June 08, 2020, 02:05:49 PM

Fukk me.

So (according to you) the protesters' grievances are as legitimate as those of a pack of English soccer thugs?

No, not the peaceful protestors......the rioters and the looters "grievances" are equivalent to soccer hooligans-correct

As I asked J70 earlier, if you had a family member fighting for their life and  in need of urgent medical attention and me and a bunch of my mates decided to lie peacefully lie in the middle of the road and block the ambulance, you'd be perfectly fine with that even if it meant your family member died?

Here's what the Mayor of NYC said last Saturday night. "Those who are out there to create violence... we won't tolerate that, you will get arrested tonight."