Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queenie

WBFFS Ref where r u ? have you been banished by the secret mods? Or r u on the county website now?
Are you a missionary or a mercenary?  Remember, tallk is cheap!

Gold

Quote from: milltown row on September 11, 2009, 04:43:32 PM
Quote from: pebble-dasher on September 11, 2009, 02:07:30 PM
Wish the county board had put on a double header on sunday afternoon and it might have got a half crowd at a game for once. 

Could anyone tell me the last time st galls played a championship game in the south west or anywhere else than casement for that matter?

Predictions
Portglenone 1.10 St bridgets 0.11
Cargin 2.09 st galls 0.12

Rasharkin 89 final against Cargin won the match 5 points to Cargins 4.

then there has been loads of early round games but the semi finals have always been at Casement.

the year of the back door system Cargin beat us at some SW venue but we duffed them in the final :o

Galls beat Creggan in the semi final in 2001 in Rasharkin --the year after they were dumped out in the first round away to Moneyglass
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

longrunsthefox

St Brigids 4 points up at half time....

longrunsthefox

15 mins to go... St brigids lead by 3 points

milltown row

thought the 6/4 the bookies were giving st brigids was too generous

Hoof Hearted

not really, it finished a draw !
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

winsamsoon

Is that st Gallls game today ???? at casement???
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

milltown row

tonight at 8 under the lights

longrunsthefox

Portglenone-St brigids replay Wednesday night Casement Park...

milltown row

ten minute delay due to the crowds waiting to get into Casement tonight for the Cargin Galls game. i'm not going tonight as i'm stuck in

Caitlin

As a break from the tension of the second semi-final, csan someone tell me who is the minor final ?

milltown row

2-2 to 0-1 for the milltown men

Archie Mitchell

Where you getting the updates at?

Any commentory online?

milltown row

none, just club men informing me, no online comm.

imtommygunn

Well that was a farce of a game... Game over after ten minutes really.

Cargin, Kieran Close aside, were pretty poor. Full back exposed badly a few times for goals early on and by the time switches were made it was too late. There was only 5 or 6 in it at the end but st galls played within themselves second half.

St Galls are a slick outfit. I would say they do a lot of cynical fouling though. McLean, Burke and Kevin McGourty should have been booked. Burke seemed to be under orders to "spoil" Mick McCann. In saying that Tony Scullion looked in the mood to decapitate someone in the second half.

Sean Kelly is still the best defender (probably footballer) in the county and Rory Gallagher is some addition.

The final is going to be a big anti-climax but mark Sean Kelly and that would be a start. Every time I see st galls he looks like he's a free man but that's just because he's so good.