Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aontroim

Cargin 2-10 v 1-5 St. John's

Square Ball

From The BBC

Body of man found in club grounds 

The man's body was found in west Belfast
The body of a man has been discovered in Belfast.
The remains were found in the grounds of the Gortnamona Gaelic Athletic Association club on the Upper Springfield Road on Sunday morning.

Forensic scientists are working at the scene in the west of the city to establish the circumstances surrounding the death.

Police are invesigating the death. A post mortem examination is due to be carried out on Monday.

Any one know any more about this?

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

johnjoe

Congrats to Cargin for an overwhelming u-21 success on saturday. A truly fitting way for the best young player in the county to finish off his under-age career. Well done Michael and co.

From a St Johns perspective, where does this leave them? I know that O`Prey consistently over-rates the St Johns players. My feeling has always been that they have NO players anywhere near good enough at u-21level. Mc Glinchey got the vote last year on the basis of one good challenge game, the rest of the time he struggled. Hasson would always have been a better option, with his stamina, and engine etc. Meades inclusion was a joke(class stuff Gerry) and everyone knew where that came from. and he did well to last the ten minutes he got!

Could have forecast a hammering before the game. Their only player of true county standard is Brian Neeson, full stop, but no doubt O`Prey and his (St Johns) backroom staff will have other blue tinted ideas

Once again Andy fails to deliver the goods at managerial level, despite his side trying to resort to bully boy tactics near the end, and a referee that did his best to turn the game St Johns way.

Cargin, youse were a credit to your club, and well done.

culchy1

jj theres no point comin on lickin arse now
u shudve known not to cross slims line.

all the same well done 2 cargin u21s

Mhic Easmuint

Heard Kevin O'Boyle got a pretty serious injury.  Dislocated shoulder with collar bone broken in 2 places???
Hopefully its not as bad as what I've heard and wish him a speedy recovery. 

johnjoe

Culchie, my post has f**k all to do with either you or Slim. Either you agree with the sentiments or you dont. Stop trying to make this personal, I have no argument with Slim or yourself, so keep it that way. Have you no worthwhile opinions to offer, or is it you who is licking arse, cause it certainly wont be me! If I say well done to Cargin, its because its merited, as far as I know Slim is not involved.

Away back to your Ulster/Scots dribble with you!

Really disappointed with the news on young Kevin. Truly a class act. Hope he bounces back, but that sounds like a nasty injury?

And just as a footnote, my previous post was not an anti St Johns bias, even if some readers take it that way. Just personally believe they are hugely over-rated,and while they arnt a bad team, they have a lot of decent players, but no outstanding ones at this (u-21)
or senior level. From a county perspective, I`d rather be saying they have half a dozen class acts, but they just arnt there. If anyone agrees or disagrees thats ok, its only my opinion!

gallsman

Brian Neeson is not of counsty standard. Having played against him a few times, and adm ittedly he's still young, he's shown no justification of the hype I hear from Johnnies. Completely one footed, and it's not even that great. Anyone who was at the St. Gall's - St. John's minor championship game earlier in the year would have seen him getting completely skint.

culchy1

john joe, john joe, john joe!

i was only winding you up. ur the one gettin personal-ulster scots.
just because my grammar isnt great, more like lazy.
i totally agree with your previous contribution.
cargin deserve all the praise they get, they are a well run and organised club.
they sometimes dont get the recognition they deserve for their football,
some people would rather concentrate on other aspects of their game.

anyway, hows the county training goin
u said in a previous post u cant wait 2 get a kick at them from derry!
do u think u will make the panel or startin team.
have u any inside info for us average joes!

saffronman

Congrats to Cargin u21s for a great win, rounds off a great year for their club, finally they have shown they can play ball without using the bully boy tactics they previously used!
Also wish a speedy recovery to kevin o boyle, class act who was one of the highlights of the year in antrim football!

Heard rumours that Mr K McGourty was up to his usual tricks yesterday against his fellow county men, started a row and got sent off, can anyone update us??

johnjoe

Cheers Culchie, no hard feelings at all.

People on this site should realise that all we do here is sound off on our opinions. Its obvious that some of my earlier posts hit a few raw nerves, but I stand by them. I think Magill operates well inside the comfort zone, and Mc Gourty is a first class nuisance. Thats not to say that if they both got the finger out, Antrim would have a deadly and potent forward line. My comments are borne out of frustration that Antrim may never fully get the best out of the two of them. If my comments cause offence, they have a real opportunity to prove me wrong. On the playing field where it matters, not on a keyboard.

Saffronman, agree fully. Cargin have got their fair share of bad press in recent years. This year they have been a real credit, playing disciplined and good football. Their display against St galls was my highlight of the football year. Makes for an interesting 2007!

Culchie, there is a no talk ban about anything going on in the football camp, but early signs are positive. Thats all I can say.

culchy1

thats fair enuf jj.

we will just have 2 wait til the mckenna cup starts.
will u be playin for antrim or r u part of 1 o the uni squads.
do antrim lose many 2 the uni teams.

SlimShady

Magill knows the identity of JohnJoe anyhow-as do i.

culchy1

go on then slim
spill the beans or at least give us a clue!

uv been rite an quiet the last lock o days slim
heard u had a fallen out way a not so goldie lookin chain
outside arbys

johnjoe

a bigger contingent of uni players than ever this year, culchie.

With some sensitivity re earlier comments, best I didnt disclose which camp I`m in. Maybe some time in the future I`ll drop a clue or two, but mums the word for now. Training fairly brutal at the moment. Morale ok. Its a bit tough for a few though....reckon one or two wont stick the pace!!!

SlimShady

yer right there culchy, quite a falling out!!! hence the quiet couple of days-had a few complications.

i wont be 'outing' yer man- just letting him know that he is well known.

thats a mad shock for yer community at the minute culchy, disaster for all involved at the worst possible time, not that theres a good time.