Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: mrdeeds on June 05, 2021, 08:10:42 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 05, 2021, 07:39:06 PM
A Quiet Place 2 was good. Probably not as good as the first but great to be back at the cinema and it's a good opener - short too (about 90 mins).

That's not short. That used to be a standard movie length.
I'm sure you're intelligent enough to work out that as it is 2021 I was comparing its length to current movie run times.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 05, 2021, 09:57:28 PM
A Quiet Place 2 was good. Probably not as good as the first but great to be back at the cinema and it's a good opener - short too (about 90 mins).

I'm sure you're intelligent enough to work out that as it is 2021 I was comparing its length to current movie run times.

I know what you meant. Think hour and a half perfect to be honest. Two and a half minimum now.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: mrdeeds on June 06, 2021, 03:49:45 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 05, 2021, 09:57:28 PM

I know what you meant. Think hour and a half perfect to be honest. Two and a half minimum now.
Aye sure the new Bond is 2 hr 43 mins!  :-\

gallsman

There is no "perfect" run time for a movie ffs. Entirely dependent on the story being told.

Milltown Row2

Paul Mescal winning a BAFTA! Fair play lad
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Main Street

I'm watching the 4 part documentary by Raoul Peck  based  on books by Sven Lindqvist  "Exterminate All the Brutes". Raoul made the superb documentary 'I am not your Negro'  on  James Baldwin,.
EATB is about European colonialism mainly in the America, from its beginnings to aspects of Trump,  modern day and nazi fascism. It should go straight onto every secondary school curriculum

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 06, 2021, 08:46:27 PM

and him only a normal person.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on June 06, 2021, 09:32:40 PM

and him only a normal person.

And that came across completely during his acceptance speech
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

This needed to be in TV Recommendations.  ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 06, 2021, 10:29:00 PM
This needed to be in TV Recommendations.  ;)

What does BAFTA stand for?

tbrick18

Got around to watching El Camino last night.
Not bad....even though it took me a while to remember what had happened in the lead up to the conclusion of Breaking Bad.

gallsman

In The Heights ain't Hamilton but it's absolutely brilliant. Lin-Manuel Miranda is a wizard. If you've seen/know Hamilton you can instantly recognise his fingerprints all over it.

lurganblue

Escape from Pretoria - was ok in parts but mostly it did my head in.  The amount of wee torturous scenes as the guys were experimenting with escape issues... I suppose that's the suspense they were going for but for me it was over done.

Gabriel_Hurl

Looking forward to this - The Sopranos sequel - The Many Saints of Newark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHa95iy2lF0

Jeepers Creepers