Paddy Kilety in "A Night in November" in Newry this weekend!

Started by T Fearon, August 01, 2007, 11:34:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

his holiness nb

And my reply would still be the same....

"And proves my point that these things happen everywhere occasionally and the perpetrators are idiots.
If you said you experienced it I would say that IF its true I fully condemn it.
I wouldnt blindy deny it never happened as thats impossible to prove!!"
Ask me holy bollix

Chrisowc

Quote from: his holiness nb on August 02, 2007, 10:40:46 AM
Quote from: MW on August 02, 2007, 10:37:17 AM
Quote from: his holiness nb on August 02, 2007, 10:29:43 AMInteresting Spin again, I never said anything about racist chants, thats more a soccer thing  ;)

Jesus. Fecking. Cleary. Are you completely divorced from reality, or can you really not remember what you've just said?? ???

Apologies, just re-read my post, it was actually racist "comments" not "chants" I heard.

This doesn't change what I or I would imagine MW were getting at.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

MW

Quote from: his holiness nb on August 02, 2007, 10:43:07 AM
Quote from: SammyG on August 02, 2007, 10:38:22 AM
Truely pathetic comment. WP has been in use for about 100 years, for about 10-15 of those years it had a problem with sectarianism, at a time when the troubles were at there worst and sectrianism was rampant everywhere. 10-15 years to much but hardly a 'long history' when taken against the 100+ years that the ground has been in use, especially considering that it was only ever a small minority, even at it's worst.

Even if what you say is true, a 10-15 year period is a long period of time. To compare this to Croke Park where there has never been an issue with sectarianism is very silly.

5ivetimes claimed that the Billy Boys is sung at NI matches, then that "they" sang the Billy Boys at the Finland match. And based this claim on the "experience" of "his nephew".

MW

Quote from: Chrisowc on August 02, 2007, 10:47:30 AM
Quote from: his holiness nb on August 02, 2007, 10:40:46 AM
Quote from: MW on August 02, 2007, 10:37:17 AM
Quote from: his holiness nb on August 02, 2007, 10:29:43 AMInteresting Spin again, I never said anything about racist chants, thats more a soccer thing  ;)

Jesus. Fecking. Cleary. Are you completely divorced from reality, or can you really not remember what you've just said?? ???

Apologies, just re-read my post, it was actually racist "comments" not "chants" I heard.

This doesn't change what I or I would imagine MW were getting at.

Indeed.

Chrisowc

Quote from: his holiness nb on August 02, 2007, 10:46:27 AM

"And proves my point that these things happen everywhere occasionally and the perpetrators are idiots.

I haven't tried to do that.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

MW

Quote from: Chrisowc on August 02, 2007, 10:49:14 AM

I haven't tried to do that.

I don't think anyone has stated definitively that it didn't happen, as hhnb will find if he reads back.

However, if 5ivetimes is going to try to justify his claim that the Billy Boys is sung at NI matches, then that "they" sang it at the Finland match because "his nephew" said so, by retreating to the claim a couple or a few people did, then that to me is pretty damn suspicious.

his holiness nb

MW, I just already said  ::)

Now regarding "5ivetimes claimed that the Billy Boys is sung at NI matches, then that "they" sang the Billy Boys at the Finland match. And based this claim on the "experience" of "his nephew" "

Why you are saying this to me I dont know, all I was saying was that its possible that "his nephew" (why are we using inverted commas?  ;)) was telling the truth.
I didnt once agree nor disagree that the Billy Boys is sung at NI matches.
Therefore I really cant understand why you directed that at me  :-\

Chris, did I say you have tried to do that?
MW and Sammy did. quite clearly.
Ask me holy bollix

nifan

5times ive ttaken many catholics to windosr in recent yers and all have had a good experience - including the night of the finland game.

As i said he may have heard something isolated, but it certainly wasnt all the crowd.
Id ask for some empathy - could you guarantee that at a Gaelic game or club i wouldnt hear anything untoward. Would you suggest that gaelic clubs are not welcoming for protestants.

nifan

Yes 5times, and i have been to gaa games and enjoyed them myselves.
Ive also heard a few ropy comments from some involved in GAA, but I try not to judge "them" and tar wall with the same brush.

MW

Quote from: his holiness nb on August 02, 2007, 10:54:56 AM
MW, I just already said  ::)

My response would be the same too, if it wasn't preceded by sweeping claims "they" indulge in this behaviour.

Now regarding "5ivetimes claimed that the Billy Boys is sung at NI matches, then that "they" sang the Billy Boys at the Finland match. And based this claim on the "experience" of "his nephew" "

Why you are saying this to me I dont know, all I was saying was that its possible that "his nephew" (why are we using inverted commas?  ;)) was telling the truth.
I didnt once agree nor disagree that the Billy Boys is sung at NI matches.
Therefore I really cant understand why you directed that at me  :-\

Because you don't seem to be grasping that even if there actually were two or three people trying to start a chant, that's very different from what 5ivetimes has claimed.

Chris, did I say you have tried to do that?
MW and Sammy did. quite clearly.

Where did I say that? ???
[/quote]

MW

Quote from: 5iveTimes on August 02, 2007, 11:00:02 AM
At the time of the NI Finland game, my nephew played for a team called Brookvale. I am sure most of the South Armagh and South Down posters know the team as it is a mixed team with both young Catholics and Protestants playing. In my day the team was run by Alan Black, the survivour of Kingsmill. So this was in no way a team of young taigs out looking to start trouble at Windsor. Before they went to the game they were also told not to wear any GAA or Celtic tops, though I think most of them would have been smart enough to realise that.
I clearly remember the game well and my sister was worried about him going to Windsor, but he wanted to see Sami Hyypia and he was allowed to go, just as he was allowed to go to Anfield with the same team and to the Milk Cup in Coleraine. When he came home he said he would never go to Windsor again as it was as bad if not worse than we had made out. He clearly mentioned the Billy Boys among others and I for one know he would not make something like that up. Wether or not it was the whole crowd or a tiny minority makes no difference,

Woah. Stop right there. Firstly, it makes a vast difference. Secondly, you didn't ask, and he didn't say? This is all very fishy. He says the Billy Boys was sung, undefined as to whether it was one person or ::) a thousand, and you decide to take that and run with it to claim "they" sing the Billy Boys at NI matches.

Where was he sitting, by the way. Did he remark on anything else about his experience of the match?

all I can say is that one 13 year old made his mind up there and then never to go back to Windsor Park. He still plays soccer, though now for Barcroft and they dont run trips to windsor.
For all the posters saying that this didnt happen, I would prefer to believe a teenager with no agenda rather than someone who believes that FFA has turned windsor form a place of sectarian hatred into midnight mass overnight.

I'd prefer to use the evidence witndessed by my own eyes and ears and scores of my NI-supporting friends, family and colleagues, than an poster on an internet board, with a bazlingly obvious axe to grind as witnessed plenty of times on that board, who claims his nephew witnessed some singing that he's unable to give any sort of detail about, and attempts to use this to tar the NI support.

his holiness nb

Quote from: MW on August 02, 2007, 11:36:27 AM
My response would be the same too, if it wasn't preceded by sweeping claims "they" indulge in this behaviour.

OK cut the bullshit, I was commenting purely on the possibility that what his nephew said MIGHT be possible, nothing more nothing less.
So stop dragging other comments into it.

Because you don't seem to be grasping that even if there actually were two or three people trying to start a chant, that's very different from what 5ivetimes has claimed.

Jesus christ  :o :o :o
I was commenting ONLY on what his nephew told him. His nephew told him he heard it sang, he didnt say by 100 or 2 people, just that he heard it sang. I'm not saying it was sang by more or is sang regularly or that it was even sang on that occasion!!!
Just that its possible that it happened. How many times do I need to clarify that!!!????

Where did I say that? ???

Right here, plain as day  ::)
"Well I'm going to stick my neck out here and say that this claim is false"
Ask me holy bollix

his holiness nb

"I'd prefer to use the evidence witndessed by my own eyes and ears and scores of my NI-supporting friends, family and colleagues, than an poster on an internet board, with a bazlingly obvious axe to grind "

As I'm sure 5Times would use evidence from his family member than a poster on an internet board, with a blazingly obvious axe to grind  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

MW

Quote from: his holiness nb on August 02, 2007, 11:46:58 AM
Right here, plain as day  ::)
"Well I'm going to stick my neck out here and say that this claim is false"

Haha! Bingo! I just KNEW you'd post that, and chop the sentence apart. What I actually said was:

Quote from: 5iveTimes on August 01, 2007, 05:58:22 PM
Well I'm going to stick my neck out here and say that this claim is false, certainly in the way you presented it.

his holiness nb

Bingo my hole  ;)
Funny you didnt post what you said next, clarifying your claims that it did not, or more so could not happen.

It if makes you happy heres the entire post  ::)

"Well I'm going to stick my neck out here and say that this claim is false, certainly in the way you presented it. I was at the match and heard no such thing. Neither has anyone else I've ever spoken to who was at the match. And because you don't get these chants at NI matches anymore, and haven't for years, it's remarkable even when two or three idiots try to start them. People notice. It gets shouted down. It gets commented on extensively on OWC"

If this isnt denial that this happened, you are in denial yourself. ;)
Ask me holy bollix