Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Quote from: stew on September 07, 2013, 05:34:03 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on September 07, 2013, 03:48:05 PM
I would have thought Liverpool fans would understand the anger of fans that support a club being ruined by American owners. short memories!

You would EC, problem is their hatred of United blinkers them.

It's a bit sad really. I suppose I should not expect much better. Bitter.

J70

Quote from: EC Unique on September 07, 2013, 03:48:05 PM
I would have thought Liverpool fans would understand the anger of fans that support a club being ruined by American owners. short memories!

You think what the Glazers have done is equivalent to the ruin Gillette and Hicks very nearly visited upon Liverpool in the aftermath of the economic collapse? But yes, I agree that there is little cause for gloating. Leeds, Fiorentina, almost Liverpool... no club is too big to be brought down by poor and/or malevolent ownership.

deiseach

Quote from: J70 on September 07, 2013, 07:36:45 PM
You think what the Glazers have done is equivalent to the ruin Gillette and Hicks very nearly visited upon Liverpool in the aftermath of the economic collapse? But yes, I agree that there is little cause for gloating. Leeds, Fiorentina, almost Liverpool... no club is too big to be brought down by poor and/or malevolent ownership.

I wouldn't get any pleasure out of Man Utd going down the road Liverpool did under Gillett and Hicks. Heck, the only clubs in these islands that I think would deserve this fate are Rangers and Linfield. It's already happened to the former and the latter ain't looking too hot at the moment :D

However, on the basis that you can hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function, I'd be absolutely delighted to see the club supported by a few of the beauts who populate this thread being liquidated and salt ploughed into the ground.

EC Unique

Quote from: deiseach on September 07, 2013, 09:03:15 PM

I wouldn't get any pleasure out of Man Utd going down the road Liverpool did under Gillett and Hicks. Heck, the only clubs in these islands that I think would deserve this fate are Rangers and Linfield. It's already happened to the former and the latter ain't looking too hot at the moment :D

However, on the basis that you can hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function, I'd be absolutely delighted to see the club supported by a few of the beauts who populate this thread being liquidated and salt ploughed into the ground.

It's amazing, and a bit sad really, that a few nameless Internet figures can get under your skin. Get a life!

rossie mad

Quote from: EC Unique on September 08, 2013, 08:20:21 AM
Quote from: deiseach on September 07, 2013, 09:03:15 PM

It's amazing, and a bit sad really, that a few nameless Internet figures can get under your skin. Get a life!

Its amazing and a bit sad really that you can put into words the exact feelings most posters here have about you.

On the whole Man Utd decline i would have to say that the departure of ole Red Nose will have a huge say on final league position of Manure.
The man was possibly the greatest manager of all time (although id argue clough was) and for an institution like Utd to lose a calibre of a man like that is very hard to carry on regardless.
He brought a very average squad to winning a league in a canter last year (his biggest achievement outside his Aberdeen ones) and was one of the most feared men in that league from Match officials right down to journalists.

If you look at other walks of life with similar personalities and look at the organisations they controlled after they left.
Steve Jobs in Apple.Has lost all its edge in innovation since he passed away.
Maggie Thacther.Soon after her departure from the tories it took them twenty odd years to get back into goverment.
Sean Boylan in Meath.That example is fairly self explanatory.

So its very hard for any institution to just come along and say we can move on without alot of mistakes to happen along the way.
I predict a 4th place finish at best.

Lecale2

QuoteMaggie Thacther.Soon after her departure from the tories it took them twenty odd years to get back into goverment.

That's not true.
John Major took over in 1990 and remained Prime Minister until 1997.

Dougal Maguire

Although in fairness he should have been ousted in 1992 had Neil Kinnock not ballsed up the election campaign
Careful now

muppet

It is quite an argument that links Maggie Thatcher, Steve Jobs and Sean Boylan, all on a Manchester United discussion.
MWWSI 2017

BennyCake

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on September 08, 2013, 11:55:48 AM
Although in fairness he should have been ousted in 1992 had Neil Kinnock not ballsed up the election campaign

Or if they hadn't bumped off John Smith.

EC Unique

Quote from: muppet on September 08, 2013, 12:16:44 PM
It is quite an argument that links Maggie Thatcher, Steve Jobs and Sean Boylan, all on a Manchester United discussion.

It's laughable.

Talking about the Utd decline 3 matches in. When will they learn

snoopdog

Quote from: EC Unique on September 08, 2013, 01:21:22 PM

It's laughable.

some bunch of fools writing  Man United off.  Its laughable talk of a united decline. Obviously it will be hard after Sir Alex, he was the best manager ever. But united will be  there or thereabouts come May. Some losers have nothing better to do only spout crap.

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: EC Unique on September 08, 2013, 01:21:22 PM

It's laughable.

Indeed. It's not as if they ever went 26 years without a title win after a managerial change before
Careful now

Jonah

Some of the United 'fans' on here are embarrassing.

BennyCake

Quote from: Jonah on September 08, 2013, 01:46:13 PM
Some of the United 'fans' on here are embarrassing.

How are they embarrassing? Are they not entitled to their opinions?

I think alot of United fans think Moyes as manager is a step backwards. While I don't think they will slip down to mid table or worse, they will still be in the top 5. But for a lot of United fans, that's not good enough.

EC Unique

I don't think he is a step backwards. I'm just going to reserve judgement until the end of the season. Top 4 would suffice but I think they will do better. I'm looking forward to seeing how they do over the next 4 or 5 games now that the dust has settled on the season with the window closed.