Kerry v Cork, Fitzgerald Stadium, Killarney, 7th of July 2013, MSFC Final

Started by CorkMan, July 01, 2013, 04:20:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamus

Quote from: ballinaman on July 03, 2013, 03:09:55 PM
Kerry bucks...how does Donnacha Walsh consistently get his place on the Kerry team. I'm obviously missing something!

The main problem with Donnacha is far too often he is the wrong person in the right place thus great scoring opportunities go abegging as a result.

Kerry's depth is far from non-existent as the analyses above infers. It's probably on par with Cork and only Dublin of the other counties have a greater depth. Kieran Donaghy and Brian Sheehan can and will have massive influences off the bench. David Moran whom by all accounts is going very well in training, could well have a major say in the destination of the champions as the year progresses. He was shaping up to be one of the top midfielders in the country before his injury.
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

Seamus

It is also a misconception that the team is too old. Eight or nine of the starting players next Sunday are 26 or younger. The two O'Sheas, Gooch and Declan O' Sullivan would walk onto any team in the country. Kerry's shortcomings are not as great as some people hope.
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: Seamus on July 04, 2013, 12:50:29 PM
It is also a misconception that the team is too old. Eight or nine of the starting players next Sunday are 26 or younger. The two O'Sheas, Gooch and Declan O' Sullivan would walk onto any team in the country. Kerry's shortcomings are not as great as some people hope.

No, I am afraid we are in transition. I'd be happy enough with a good showing and hope for a decent draw in the qualifiers.

macdanger2

Kerry will win this, 4-5 points I reckon. The backs might not be great but the cork forwards are average esp missing O'Neill

They'd also beat kildare or Tyrone by the same or more. A game v Mayo would be too tight to call. Donegal or most likely Dublin will be too good for them when that game comes

Frank Casey

1. Ken O'Halloran
            Bishopstown

2. Eoin Cadogan                3. Michael Shields                     4. Damien Cahalane
Douglas          St. Finbarr's       Castlehaven

5. James Loughrey                  6. Paudie Kissane    7. Tomás Clancy
Mallow          Clyda Rovers       Fermoy

8. Graham Canty    9. Pearse O'Neill
      Bantry Blues       Aghada

10. Fintan Goold                11. Patrick Kelly    12. John O'Rourke
Macroom          Ballincollig       Carbery Rangers

13. Daniel Goulding                  14. Brian Hurley    15. Paul Kerrigan
Eire Óg          Castlehaven       Nemo Rangers

Subs
16. Alan Quirke Valley Rovers
17. John McLoughlin Kanturk
18. Thomas Clancy Clonakilty
19. Noel O'Leary Cill na Martra
20. Alan O'Connor St. Colum's
21. Aidan Walsh Kanturk
22. Andrew O'Sullivan Castletownbere
23. Ciaran Sheehan Eire Óg
24. Mark Collins Castlehaven
25. Donncha O'Connor Ballydesmond
26. Barry O'Driscoll Nemo Rangers

There are no changes from the team that beat Clare in the semi-final.
KERRY 3:7

SuperDooperCooper

There is no way that this team will start against Kerry. C Sheehan & A Walsh will definitely start with one or two more changes likely as well.  Langers are the worst offenders of the ould dummy teams. Two years ago Cork came to Killarney all set for a handy win and got a terrible shock; two years on and a whole pile of underage success later they rightly start as favourites.  Too many if's against us.

Most low key build-up to a Munster Final ever!!!!  Got my season ticket yesterday; worst ticket I ever got for Killarney.  This is a good scheme but the assigned tickets should not be worse than what is available on Tickermaster.   There should really be an option of a terrace ticket as well. The terrace in Killarney is a great place to watch a match from!!

Syferus

Quote from: SuperDooperCooper on July 04, 2013, 10:06:56 PM
There is no way that this team will start against Kerry. C Sheehan & A Walsh will definitely start with one or two more changes likely as well.  Langers are the worst offenders of the ould dummy teams. Two years ago Cork came to Killarney all set for a handy win and got a terrible shock; two years on and a whole pile of underage success later they rightly start as favourites.  Too many if's against us.

Most low key build-up to a Munster Final ever!!!!  Got my season ticket yesterday; worst ticket I ever got for Killarney.  This is a good scheme but the assigned tickets should not be worse than what is available on Tickermaster.   There should really be an option of a terrace ticket as well. The terrace in Killarney is a great place to watch a match from!!

In the land of milk and honey and Master we ring fence the half-way line section of the stand for season ticket holders.

emmetryan

I for one welcome the day when an enterprising manager rips the piss out of the dummy team nonsense.
writer of the Tactics not Passion series at Action81.com

CorkMan

Quote from: macdanger2 on July 04, 2013, 01:26:44 PM
Kerry will win this, 4-5 points I reckon. The backs might not be great but the cork forwards are average esp missing O'Neill

They'd also beat kildare or Tyrone by the same or more. A game v Mayo would be too tight to call. Donegal or most likely Dublin will be too good for them when that game comes

Goulding is the player who benefitted from O'Neills injury and he will probably end up being one of our top scorers tomorrow, so while he'd be a great asset to have, the quality of his replacement isn't too bad either.

ck

Can't wait for this game. I'm expecting a Kerry win but have nothing to base it on.

Gaffer

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

sans pessimism

"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Shamrock Shore

A bit of fire missing so far.

Some awkward tackles and the one yellow card was the softest of cards I've seen in a while.

Kerry look to have the measure of Cork but it's early days yet.