Leitrim v Roscommon 31-05-09

Started by 45GoneShort, March 31, 2009, 09:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GAA_Punter

Did anyone hear what happened in the Challenge match between Ross and Limerick ??

Cosmo Kramer

I heard that Roscommon won fairly easily, but didn't hear a final score.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

AhFeckRef

::) Ah the annual injury crises bs.

Any word on Leitrim friendly's? 
How did the junior match go last Friday?

Rossfan

Ros Juniors bet Sligo while Mayo hammered the Laythrums.
Maybe now ye're Refs might start giving a few decisions against Mayo teams  ::) :P >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Azzurri

Not long now. Anybody want to hazard a guess of the teams?

Here's my guess at the Roscommon team:

Geoffrey Claffey
Peter Domican
John Nolan
Ronan Brady
Sean Purcell
David Keenan (is he injured?) or David Flynn
Seanie McDermott
Brian Higgins
Michael Finneran
Donie Shine
Conor Devaney
Gary Cox
Jonathan Dunning
Senan Kilbride
Karol Mannion

Positions may change ( Mannion prob won't be corner forward ) but I reckon 11 or 12 of them are sure to start.

45GoneShort

The wait is nearly over, the last five years have flew. I'll compliment Azzurri with my Leitrim probable selection.

Noel Gill
Barry Prior
Michael McGuinness
Dermot Reynolds
James Glancy (St Marys)
John McKeon
Adrian O'Flynn
Gary McCluskey
Shane Canning
Michael Foley
Declan Maxwell
Philly McGuinness
Ray Cox
Thomas Beirne
James Glancy (Glencar/Manor)

Turlough O Carolan

My six forwards for Ros would be
Donie Shine - Kevin Higgins - Gary Cox (the one that played against Limerick in league)
Devanney - Kilbride - O'Gara

The loss of Cathal Cregg this year is a huge one for Ros. Having seen Seamus O'Neill in the league this year, he wasn't going to start. Nowhere near the player of old. The only options in midfield are Finneran, Mannion and Brian Higgins. But if Keenan is also injured Higgins I imagine will go back to the half back line.

45GoneShort

The Leitrim Senior team to play Roscommon on Sundays Connacht Championship Quarter Final encounter in Páirc Seán is listed below. 

1 Noel Gill Kiltubrid
2 Michael McGuinness Mohill
3 John McKeon Drumreilly
4 Dermot Reynolds St Mary's
5 Barry Prior Aughawillan
6 Barry McWeeney Aughnasheelin
7 James Glancy St Mary's
8 Gary McCloskey Tir Chonaill Gaels
9 Shane Canning Mohill
10 Philip McGuinness Mohill
11 Tomás Beirne Eslin
12 Colm Clarke Drumkeerin
13 Ray Cox Annaduff
14 Declan Maxwell Drumreilly
15 James Glancy Glencar/Manor

James Glancy (St Mary's), Colm Clarke, Tomás Beirne and Ray Cox make their Championship debut on Sunday.
from www.leitrimgaa.ie

Four debutants in the team with Michael Foley getting injured last week Colm Clarke gets an unexpected inclusion. Big talking point though will be the ommision of Shane Foley, one of Leitrims most consistant performers over the last seven years.

The banter has begun already in earnest, flags are being dusted down along the shannon border for the weekend.

Buckass

Rossfan

This on hoganstand.com --
Roscommon manager Fergal O'Donnell hands Connacht SFC debuts to Peter Domican and Paul Kelly against Leitrim on Sunday.

Domican is one of 12 players included in the squad from the minor side O'Donnell guided to an All-Ireland title three years ago. Two other players from that successful team, Paul Gleeson and David Keenan, miss out on starting berths due to injury, but are named on the bench.

So we know the full back line anyway  ::)
My guess is that it's - Geoffrey, Kelly/Woggy/Domo, Seanie/Flynn/Purcell,B Higg/Finneran, Gary/KM/Donie,Dev/Senan/JD(possibly).

BigJohnBrowne

looks like Fergie O D is afraid to list his team for Sunday -  seen ramblings of 2 new debutants but no team list anywhere.  Not even on that effort at a county website.  Afraid to nail his colors to the mast.

Don't even mention the completely dulled pre match interviews that are on air all week - jesus someone did a real job dumbing down the interview capabilities of mgt and players.  All about sunshine and sun on the back (mentioned umpteen times) and talk about anything other that the actual game on Sunday also throwing the focus next years target of getting to the heady position of mid table of Div 3 from this years placings. 

Whole lot Comes across as very lame............................

As controversial as the Lm lineout is at least the M&M's have the balls to list a team.

Buckass

Roscommon SF v Leitrim:
1.Geoffrey Claffey; 2.Peter Domican, 3.John Nolan, 4.Paul Kelly; 5.Sean McDermott, 6.David Flynn, 7.David Keenan; 8.Michael Finneran, 9.Brian Higgins; 10.Gary Cox (c), 11.Karol Mannion, 12.Donal Shine; 13.Conor Devaney, 14.Senan Kilbride, 15.John Dunning.

heineken_on_tap

No major suprise there as the team was almost guessed by Rossfan, who is probably Fergie  :D .

I didnt know Cox was captain this year.

Rossfan

Quote from: heineken_on_tap on May 28, 2009, 12:36:59 PM
Rossfan, who is probably Fergie  :D .

Fraid not  :D
I wouldnt have needed a season ticket if I was the  Great Leader. ;)

BigJohnBrowne

First this load of dribble.............

Quote from: Rossfan on May 27, 2009, 06:19:09 PM
This on hoganstand.com --
Roscommon manager Fergal O'Donnell hands Connacht SFC debuts to Peter Domican and Paul Kelly against Leitrim on Sunday.

Domican is one of 12 players included in the squad from the minor side O'Donnell guided to an All-Ireland title three years ago. Two other players from that successful team, Paul Gleeson and David Keenan, miss out on starting berths due to injury, but are named on the bench.

So we know the full back line anyway  ::)
My guess is that it's - Geoffrey, Kelly/Woggy/Domo, Seanie/Flynn/Purcell,B Higg/Finneran, Gary/KM/Donie,Dev/Senan/JD(possibly).

and then ...................

Quote from: Buckass on May 27, 2009, 11:46:44 PM
Roscommon SF v Leitrim:
1.Geoffrey Claffey; 2.Peter Domican, 3.John Nolan, 4.Paul Kelly; 5.Sean McDermott, 6.David Flynn, 7.David Keenan; 8.Michael Finneran, 9.Brian Higgins; 10.Gary Cox (c), 11.Karol Mannion, 12.Donal Shine; 13.Conor Devaney, 14.Senan Kilbride, 15.John Dunning.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Looks like they don't know whether Keenan's in or out - or maybe Fergie and da PRO so busy trying to build a smoke screen they've only managed to confuse themselves.  Rest of team is also v dubious with players out of position and other won't be starting at all.  - Throw out any oul team there lads to keep the punters quiet and the opposition confused - NOT ! ..............
::) ::) ::) ::) ::)