Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Hamburger Hill on TG 4 now. Great war movie.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Jayop

I watched Ready Player One at the weekend and was genuinely surprised by how much I enjoyed it.

JimStynes

Quote from: laoislad on June 18, 2018, 09:44:44 PM

Love this movie! Very underrated when talking about war movies.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: laoislad on June 18, 2018, 09:44:44 PM

Good show. I watched Full Metal Jacket 2 weeks ago, hadn't watched it in years. Still a bloody great movie.
#newbridgeornowhere

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Jayop on June 18, 2018, 10:01:39 PM
I watched Ready Player One at the weekend and was genuinely surprised by how much I enjoyed it.
Loved it, that open race was epic. Chuckys appearance  ;D
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Newbridge Exile

Watched Sicario last night, exceptional film , great performances from Blunt, Broliin and Del Torro, sequel out  in cinema at the minute as well

ballinaman

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on July 09, 2018, 10:21:26 PM
Watched Sicario last night, exceptional film , great performances from Blunt, Broliin and Del Torro, sequel out  in cinema at the minute as well
Sequel poor enough, dodgy plot. 6/10. Not a patch on original

Esmarelda

Really? I thought it was average. I thought the director strangely put Blunt at the centre of the film but then made her character largely weak. The performances were good but it didn't leave a lasting impression on me, at least not a positive one.

HiMucker

Wind River.  Watched it again last night.  Great show

nrico2006

Quote from: Esmarelda on July 10, 2018, 08:13:36 AM
Really? I thought it was average. I thought the director strangely put Blunt at the centre of the film but then made her character largely weak. The performances were good but it didn't leave a lasting impression on me, at least not a positive one.

Same here. Very forgettable film.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Rawhide

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 10, 2018, 09:35:16 AM

There you go, opinions differ. I went to it in the cinema when it waqs first released, loved it.
cccc is a true supporter lol

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: Rawhide on July 10, 2018, 01:49:17 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on July 10, 2018, 09:35:16 AM

There you go, opinions differ. I went to it in the cinema when it waqs first released, loved it.
Yep each  to their own and all that

Tony Baloney

The first Sicario movie was very good and I'll watch the second one even though it has universally had less glowing reviews than the first one.

johnnycool

I thought that was the point, Blunts character was being built up as some sort of wannabe super agent/cop and ultimately she was used in a subplot to assassinate these warlords behind enemy lines.
Del Torro as good as ever.

Might need to watch the first again before getting to see the sequel.

Jayop

Tried to watch Sicario at the weekend but the sound kept going on it on my IPTV player so I gave up. Will try again.

Watched Ready Player One last week and it was such a good film and outdone all my expectations.