Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queenie

Quote from: milltown row on September 04, 2009, 03:25:00 PM
Quote from: Queenie on September 03, 2009, 11:26:44 PM
Quote from: hardstation on September 03, 2009, 10:54:55 PM
As I read it. His first senior championship match with St. Gall's was 21 years ago. His first year with St. Gall's (and him a wee lad) was 1982.

Seems plausible.
Does'nt add up in my book!  21 years ago was his first year with St. Galls. 21 years ago was 1988.  St Galls played their first Ulster Championship in 1982 against Roslea. So where was he prior to 1988?

Ok make it simpler.  Where was the Ulster Final played and where was the All Ireland semi-final played?  What was the signifiicance about their first All Ireland semi-final?  Who was Chairman of St. Gall's at that time?

1988 i played my first Senior Championship hurling game v Sarsfields, it is now 2009 and that makes it 21 years having hurled at senior level. i was 16. i've been playing for St Galls since i was 11 and continue to do so. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz  history lesson over.

oh Clan Na gael from Rosscomon beat us in the winter of 83
what position and club did you play for?

St. John's and middle of the park!

You did not answer the rest of the questions?
Are you a missionary or a mercenary?  Remember, tallk is cheap!

milltown row

Quote from: Glensman on September 04, 2009, 04:54:58 PM
That's some going MR - fair play to you. Have you largely avoided injury over those years?
Hopefully you guys can lift the intermediate and get up there.
Would say your record would be hard to match.

Anyone ever read Gerry Anderson's autobiograpy? At least I think the auto bit is true. He was a wile man!
Assuming this is the same Gerry...can't access this at work:
www.fanderson.org.uk/bios/gerryanderson.html

not really, a few dislocations but generally never had an injury untill two weeks ago. between my finger and thumb i've a weakness and find it sore after striking the ball. annoying as Fcuk.

good man queenie, that didn't hurt

Queenie

Those boyos on the county website are getting a tad angry.  Think we hit a nerve, dont you think?

theskull1

Did WE? I wonder what WE'VE said recently?  :D
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Queenie

St. Galls 4-11   Glenarm 2-6.

Jeasus MR, your boys missed so many chances.  They were very slow to the ball, were not catching the ball cleanly and doing an awful lot of faffing about .  Your fellas would need to tidy the act up for the final.

What about that CJ fella in his black tights, whats that all about!  Mackers was'nt a happy when you took him off.  Glad to see you took CJ off so that his ma could wash his tights for him.  Did I sense a bit of nepotism creeping in also, tut, tut.  Gallagher scored a fine goal all the same amnd your keeper proved his worth.

As for the fella in the middle, the Terry(ible) Reilly one, who I have never seen referee before.  I can understand now why he is called the "Terrible one".  Never up with play, blowing the whistle for the silliest of technical fouls only moved between the two forty fives.  Amazingly he over ruled his umpires from 50 yards away when his umpires cleary seen that the ball was wide. The umpires were right beside it, yet he gave a 65, amazing, he was no where near the thing. I was getting worried about him for a while, he blew up that many times I thought he was going to need an oxygen tent. Absolutely killed the game!

Our lads in the minor football were terrible also by the way.  Creggan deserved their win in the end.

I also hear theres a bit of a fall out among the powers that be at Casement, McCrory and Murray.  Dont see McCrorry about the place very much these days nor the good Dr. for that matter.  I hear the Doc. is also getting married soon, she must be a lovely sheep!

theskull1

Queenie......who do you think is interested?

Queenie

Quote from: theskull1 on September 04, 2009, 11:00:09 PM
Queenie......who do you think is interested?

No sweat Skull, just keeping people informed.

theskull1

And you think people are interested in your "information"

Queenie

Quote from: theskull1 on September 04, 2009, 11:15:51 PM
Well, it is more interesting than some of the tripe you post.  Hugo Duncan, jeasus, get a life man!

theskull1

Quote from: Queenie on September 04, 2009, 11:20:39 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on September 04, 2009, 11:15:51 PM
Well, it is more interesting than some of the tripe you post.  Hugo Duncan, jeasus, get a life man!

Not replying anymore to your good self will be a start

girt_giggler

We (glenarm) were piss poor on friday night and have been all year. On subject on the umpires the 2 that were by the goal we were defending were nothing short of a disgrace, not because of their decisions but of their antics and comments throughout. Finally well done st galls and good luck for the final

girt_giggler

Defending in the second half that should say

theskull1

I wish more people in Antrim were as fanatical about hurling as they are in KK. Far too many of the could take it or leave it brigade & half hearted lazy negative hurling men in this county. A long term development strategy backed up by appropriate resources backed up with an appropriate PR activity is needed to drive the game on in this County. We have a quare job on our hands to change hearts and minds and develop a standard of hurling that we all can enjoy.   

NAG1

Skull do you think that every hurling person in ulster should be sat down and made to watch the final a few times and then shown the standard of our own game. I think from top to bottom admin people, coaches, referees and players.

Everyone can take something from that game yesterday, most especially the players, in the way that yesterday they hurled as hard as anyone has ever played the game and there was only one really dirty stroke in the whole game and even then there were no bust ups or histrionics. The game just moved on.

I dont think that we may ever see the fanaticism that it would take to get teams to that level up here but that should be the goal that we are all striving for withiin the county and ulster as whole.

takeyourpoint

Nag one major problem is the attitude of supporters.Those Antrim fans yesterday will wax lyrical about the hard hitting tackles etc but come next Sunday when Dall meet the Shams the same supporters will be screaming blue murder whenever there little Shane or Laim ships a blow.