Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gizzy15

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on November 05, 2012, 01:06:04 PM
Job done after the semi final stage MR2? You really are starting to sound like a Loughgiel supporter!

ffs, at least let us get the new year in b4 we start talking bout club hurling semi finals.

must only be a fortninght b4 county squads can reassemble, with new structure in place boys are allowed back early. anyone know the squad?? :-\ :-X

CitySlicker11

Antrim could of got back the day after they were put out this year and trained 5 times a week, we would still not be any closer, until structures and foundations are changed within the county this will remain the same.

NAG1

Quote from: Gizzy15 on November 05, 2012, 05:10:18 PM
Quote from: CitySlicker11 on November 05, 2012, 01:06:04 PM
Job done after the semi final stage MR2? You really are starting to sound like a Loughgiel supporter!

ffs, at least let us get the new year in b4 we start talking bout club hurling semi finals.

must only be a fortninght b4 county squads can reassemble, with new structure in place boys are allowed back early. anyone know the squad?? :-\ :-X

Cant see it being much different from last year although I have heard of a few that are not going back, will wait to those are confirmed though.

btdtgtt

Was the new county squad not supposed to have met & trained already?

CitySlicker11

There was a list of names announced, have they met already? I'm sure a few clubs will be putting management teams in place at the minute and giving their teams some sort of light winter activity before pre season begins.

btdtgtt

Anyone know if the county squad have met (to train) yet?

What about news of who is taking club sides next year?
Yes Yes SiE - I know you are still on THIS year!

Perhaps AGM's must be completed for this?

Seamroga in exile

I see Sambo got a dig in at Loughgiel in his column in the county Antrim post today. The man just won't let it go. Laughable really.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Buswhacker

Seamroga in exile

Most of what he said was fair enough about players not turning up for county training. But he only mentioned the Loughgiel players by saying they should have been there even though they wouldn't have been expected to train. (?) He didn't mention players from any other club.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

saffron89

[/quote]

t Thomas's have good players in David Burke and Joe Cooney, but I think Loughrea will just edge this one and Loughgiel should beat Loughrea in the semis. Job done
[/quote]

think you mean Conor Cooney, MR2, big lad and like Burke extremely fit and mobile.  they are the younger team with great flare and i think if the match was to be in August it would have suited them better.  They are extremely quick and good stick men.  However fancy Loughrea, they are battled hardened and used to playing in poorer conditions. 

Strong all over, if the Shams beat them reckon they'll be hard to beat in Croke.  Reckon Loughrea will have to be at operating above 95% to beat them.  They have super half back line, and mcClearn at full back handy.  Two mahers are 11 and 14, and indeed a handful. 

so is it down to oulart the ballagh and the kilkenny winners or is anyone else left involved in leinster, should be two cracking semis in February.

still no word of Kevin Ryan and the backroom team ???????????/

Milltown Row2

Quote from: saffron89 on November 06, 2012, 09:00:10 PM

t Thomas's have good players in David Burke and Joe Cooney, but I think Loughrea will just edge this one and Loughgiel should beat Loughrea in the semis. Job done
[/quote]

think you mean Conor Cooney, MR2, big lad and like Burke extremely fit and mobile.  they are the younger team with great flare and i think if the match was to be in August it would have suited them better.  They are extremely quick and good stick men.  However fancy Loughrea, they are battled hardened and used to playing in poorer conditions. 

Strong all over, if the Shams beat them reckon they'll be hard to beat in Croke.  Reckon Loughrea will have to be at operating above 95% to beat them.  They have super half back line, and mcClearn at full back handy.  Two mahers are 11 and 14, and indeed a handful. 

so is it down to oulart the ballagh and the kilkenny winners or is anyone else left involved in leinster, should be two cracking semis in February.

still no word of Kevin Ryan and the backroom team ???????????/
[/quote]

The one at FF is a real handfull, big fcuker and think he hits the frees. As for their FB line I seen them hack the shit out of Portumna the year the beat them, how a referee let that go on was beyond me
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

manballandall

Referees at fault again. Surprised at you MR2

NAG1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on November 06, 2012, 08:29:59 PM
Most of what he said was fair enough about players not turning up for county training. But he only mentioned the Loughgiel players by saying they should have been there even though they wouldn't have been expected to train. (?) He didn't mention players from any other club.

New manager calls meeting, calls up majority of players from LG, players dont show up, Sambo has a column which needs filled, easy canon fodder. Nothing to see here move on.

btdtgtt

Please excuse my ignorance;
The new panel were called to a meeting?
Have they been training?
Just Loughgeil players (understandably) missing?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on November 08, 2012, 11:30:57 AM
Please excuse my ignorance;
The new panel were called to a meeting?
Have they been training?
Just Loughgeil players (understandably) missing?

I'd say understandably if they had a training session on or match, but if it were just a meeting to discuss the plans for this year then it would not have hurt to show up. I'd say Loughgiel are resting players in preparation for the semi final and if none showed up it seems as if they were collectively told not to bother. Again just hearsay ::)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea