Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethan Tremblay

I'm glad UTD are struggling as player power and fan pressure pushed Moyes out the door to soon last season, his only real mistake axing the entire back room team when he arrived. 

Now LVG is shipping sub-standard results it shows me a few things:

• Moyes got the bullet too soon, having an experienced manager counts for nothing within this team (makes you realise how good Ferguson really was).
  • LVG system is severely flawed, lots of flair, little grit
  • Utd are too far behind the top 4 teams already in terms of league standings and self belief, I fear what will happen when the play chealsea and city.

To top things off LVG only has the FA cup and League to play for, so until after XMAS it will be only 1 game per week to focus on, get the tactics right, players rested and game plan implemented correctly, there should be no excuses! 
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

NAG1

Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on September 22, 2014, 09:50:27 AM
I'm glad UTD are struggling as player power and fan pressure pushed Moyes out the door to soon last season, his only real mistake axing the entire back room team when he arrived. 

• Moyes got the bullet too soon, having an experienced manager counts for nothing within this team (makes you realise how good Ferguson really was).
  • Utd are too far behind the top 4 teams already in terms of league standings and self belief, I fear what will happen when the play chealsea and city.

To top things off LVG only has the FA cup and League to play for, so until after XMAS it will be only 1 game per week to focus on, get the tactics right, players rested and game plan implemented correctly, there should be no excuses!

I havent seen LVG offering any excuses, he said they threw the game away which they did, they didnt keep the ball the way he wanted and errors forced them into defending a game which they should have seen out. That is down to experienced players not any kind of system.

Zip Code

Ethan Tremblay

I wasn't referencing to yesterdays game in particular with my excuses point, he stated that it will take 3 months for his system to take full effect, which is curious as he has no champions league pressure during the week to worry about and Utd should be putting team like Leicester to the sword! 

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/louis-van-gaal-manchester-united-3932106

Perhaps the bigger picture will show but after 5 games and 1 month into the new season I'm having doubts. 

Regarding yesterdays match Utd were hard done by for the penalty that started the fightback, but Leicester did get away 15 shots just 1 less than Utd themselves! Cambiasso put in a good shift also!

nrico2006

Quote from: NAG1 on September 22, 2014, 09:53:45 AM

I havent seen LVG offering any excuses, he said they threw the game away which they did, they didnt keep the ball the way he wanted and errors forced them into defending a game which they should have seen out. That is down to experienced players not any kind of system.

Big difference in LVG and Moyes is that LVG is bringing players in and trying to change the team.  He hasn't finished yet and hopefully over the next transfer window or two he will get a central defender or two.  Moyes made more mistakes than simply axing the backroom staff, he was basically idle in the transfer market and employed no obvious tactics apart from running up the wing and crossing the ball.  I would like to see Shaw at left back with Jones and Rojo in the middle when everyone is fit, but at the minutes the defensive cover is being stretched.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Ethan Tremblay

Yea Rios comments in the paper portray him as an idiot to be fair  :P

True defence is stretched to full capacity atm, hopefully they can come across a Vidic esk player who would throw their head in where you wouldn't throw an empty coke bottle!

NAG1

Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on September 22, 2014, 10:48:45 AM
Yea Rios comments in the paper portray him as an idiot to be fair  :P

True defence is stretched to full capacity atm, hopefully they can come across a Vidic esk player who would throw their head in where you wouldn't throw an empty coke bottle!

Hate biting against some of these comments but couldnt let the Rio thing go, Rio was completely correct in what he said. Moyes came in with a small club mentality of not getting beat, whereas the attitude at Untied is always to go after the win. He asked Rio and Vida to study Phil Jagielka, two of the best defenders in EPL history studying a mediocre player sums up how DM got it wrong.

rodney trotter

Ferdinand is a tit, complaining about not having chips the night before a game. The real pro attitude.

johnneycool

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 22, 2014, 10:39:28 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on September 22, 2014, 09:53:45 AM

Big difference in LVG and Moyes is that LVG is bringing players in and trying to change the team.  He hasn't finished yet and hopefully over the next transfer window or two he will get a central defender or two.  Moyes made more mistakes than simply axing the backroom staff, he was basically idle in the transfer market and employed no obvious tactics apart from running up the wing and crossing the ball.  I would like to see Shaw at left back with Jones and Rojo in the middle when everyone is fit, but at the minutes the defensive cover is being stretched.

The big difference in LVG and Moyes is that the Glazers and Woodward were still trying to maintain CL football on the cheap when it come to Moyes and transfers, now they've got stung and are paying over the odds on good players, but over the odds all the same. Moyes never seemed to have that luxury or Tony Kroos et all would have been rocked up at carrington.

beer baron

gallsman

What did all the United fans here think of Rooney's "passion" after United conceded the equalizer, especially as he was as culpable of any of the defenders and completely cocked up his clearance?

beer baron

Quote from: gallsman on September 22, 2014, 02:40:07 PM
What did all the United fans here think of Rooney's "passion" after United conceded the equalizer, especially as he was as culpable of any of the defenders and completely cocked up his clearance?

Good to see it. He is captain after all,the shock on some of the players faces indicated to me the shouting's not being done enough.

yellowcard

I reckon Van Gaals brief is to finish top 3 or face the sack. Moyes must be watching this now thinking why was I not backed in the transfer market in the manner that LVG was. There appears to be lack of leadership in that Man U side and appointing Rooney as captain says it all.

J OGorman

Quote from: gallsman on September 22, 2014, 02:40:07 PM

£42,000 quid per day in wages  :o

beer baron

Yesterday was a bit shambolic really wasn't it? It was out of the Arsene Wenger school of defending,high line even though we were quite obviously beaten for pace everytime,i hope this isn't a sign of what the future holds.
On the plus side Falcao's got some gametime under his belt which will do him no harm and he played well enough yesterday(a lot better than RVP for me anyway) and has got himself an assist already to match his total or the past 2 years apparently.