Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: Saffrongael on April 28, 2024, 06:45:17 PM
Quote from: LC on April 28, 2024, 06:15:18 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on April 28, 2024, 09:34:57 AMThat is a fantastic result. The Dublin game will be very interesting now.

On another note how many goals did Joe McLaughlin score against ballygalget? I saw on cushendall twitter some updates and it just seemed to be Joe McLaughlin goal repeatedly.

Is he still on the county panel?

Yeah he was a non playing sub yesterday

I think at the minute I could score a half dozen goals against our lads, awful altogether.
Div2 here we come.

Good win for Antrim, now playing from more like a full panel and winning a game that really matters.

Dublin won't be taking you lightly for sure now.

Saffron_sam20

Any ideas when the draws are for championship? usually be done by now I thought

Kidder81

Hopefully with the win on Saturday the Antrim support will improve a bit for the other home games.

I totally get the expense involved, distance for some to travel etc but the support this year has been pitiful compared to even two years ago.

I wouldn't say we outnumbered the Wexford support significantly on Saturday.

NAG1

Big result for the lads, but probably not a shock even with the performance the week before in Nolan Park.

Strange that our best players on the day all have played very little in the lead up to the game.

Maybe something to be said about freshness.

The draw between Wexford and Dublin could prove crucial.

seafoid

You could say that Antrim vs Dublin is the East Coast final.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on April 29, 2024, 09:07:36 AMBig result for the lads, but probably not a shock even with the performance the week before in Nolan Park.

Strange that our best players on the day all have played very little in the lead up to the game.

Maybe something to be said about freshness.

The draw between Wexford and Dublin could prove crucial.

I don't know if its strange or that they needed a game of intensity to realise that the standard required at Intercounty is something different.

They don't become bad players overnight, Kilkenny didn't relent the whole game and we coughed up chance after chance, so as we have done many times in Championship, we ship a big defeat and move on.

Wexford would be seen as lower end tier one and to get the win at home instead of a glorious defeat is refreshing, Dublin have had our number for a while now, so won't be coming (especially after that result) with thoughts of a handy win, Carlow was still the game at the start and still is, Galway will want to rack up a score too when the come to Corrigan.

So managing the games will need to be priority, getting something out of the Dublin game and beating Carlow would give Antrim a chance at finishing 3rd, allowing you a qualifier spot to reach the quarterfinals?

Thinking way too far ahead lol   
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NorthAntrim

Hopefully we can go to Dublin and perfrom something close to the weekend. Massive shift all over the field! Paul Boyle back in club action i see. Hoefully could add something off the bench as we probably are slighly light.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NorthAntrim on April 29, 2024, 11:08:14 AMHopefully we can go to Dublin and perfrom something close to the weekend. Massive shift all over the field! Paul Boyle back in club action i see. Hoefully could add something off the bench as we probably are slighly light.

Paul had a great first half yesterday, and steady in the second, so would be great to spring from the bench.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

McManus wasn't too happy with the Irish news article.

Dublin game massive. Drew with them last year and tbh were the better team in the league only for a very fortunate goal for Dublin. They'll be a different team now though and all to play for. If we could get something and then have a must win game against Carlow last that would be great. I don't think we'll get anywhere with score difference so to have any chance need to beat Dublin. We never beat them but then we never had beat Wexford either.

JonnyD_

Fantastic result against Wexford. Delighted for the players! Consistency is now key.
We need to do it again v Dublin and Carlow. Both games that are winnable but not easy games. Thought we looked stronger this week and certainly more solid at the back with the bigger men in there.

As a hurling county we deserve a big day out, with the right wins in the next month do we end up in all ireland quarter? or a prelim before the quarter? gaa website a bit confusing

Saffrongael

Quote from: JonnyD_ on April 29, 2024, 04:41:11 PMFantastic result against Wexford. Delighted for the players! Consistency is now key.
We need to do it again v Dublin and Carlow. Both games that are winnable but not easy games. Thought we looked stronger this week and certainly more solid at the back with the bigger men in there.

As a hurling county we deserve a big day out, with the right wins in the next month do we end up in all ireland quarter? or a prelim before the quarter? gaa website a bit confusing

Not sure we deserve it anymore than anyone else ! 3rd in both provinces play JMcD finalists in a prelim QF
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

imtommygunn

Dublin a big game for both teams now. It's the kind of game we have got to before and got hammered. We're better prepped this time I think though.

NAG1

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 29, 2024, 06:54:19 PMDublin a big game for both teams now. It's the kind of game we have got to before and got hammered. We're better prepped this time I think though.

Also Dublin have dropped their level quite a bit, I think genuinely we have been the better team over the past number of years despite the results.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on April 30, 2024, 08:20:16 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on April 29, 2024, 06:54:19 PMDublin a big game for both teams now. It's the kind of game we have got to before and got hammered. We're better prepped this time I think though.

Also Dublin have dropped their level quite a bit, I think genuinely we have been the better team over the past number of years despite the results.

Physically Dublin have been on top but their standard of hurling has been similar, Antrim need things to go their way to get the result in Dublin

imtommygunn

Yeah it's a tough game which I think Dublin should probably be favourites for ,particularly if they're at home, but I definitely think we're in with a good chance. They do tend to be a lot bigger than us but we're a much more physical team than we used to be.