Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Armagh18 on May 21, 2024, 03:12:00 PMRashford to be left out of England squad? Couldn't be happier for him, fair play to Southgate if its true.
Rashford will be one hoping Southgate isn't the next Manchester United manager.

NAG1

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 21, 2024, 03:16:51 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on May 21, 2024, 03:12:00 PMRashford to be left out of England squad? Couldn't be happier for him, fair play to Southgate if its true.
Rashford will be one hoping Southgate isn't the next Manchester United manager.

Don't think anyone could argue for his place in the squad, he has been abysmal.

He can take this one of two ways, he can take off in a huff and request a transfer, hopefully reviving his form elsewhere.

Or he can knuckle down at Utd and fight his way back to form and into the squad for the next world cup (unlikely as it is)

Dag Dog

I'm surprised Rashford's exclusion is even noteworthy.
He's been miles off the standard for a year. 

Blowitupref

Quote from: Dag Dog on May 21, 2024, 03:37:16 PMI'm surprised Rashford's exclusion is even noteworthy.

I see Sancho who has been in decent form with Dortmund hasn't made the squad either. Jordan Henderson a regular selection for Southgate also didn't make the cut.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Armagh18

Henderson should be nowhere near it at this stage tbh. Surprised Sancho didn't at least make the 33 man squad.

Shaw included but knowing him he's about 3 stone overweight after being out for so long so he'll probably be cut.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 21, 2024, 04:08:11 PM
Quote from: Dag Dog on May 21, 2024, 03:37:16 PMI'm surprised Rashford's exclusion is even noteworthy.

I see Sancho who has been in decent form with Dortmund hasn't made the squad either. Jordan Henderson a regular selection for Southgate also didn't make the cut.

Sancho played one decent game, I'll give him that, but the lad is not worth the hassle I'd say
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 21, 2024, 07:17:08 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on May 21, 2024, 04:08:11 PM

Sancho played one decent game, I'll give him that, but the lad is not worth the hassle I'd say

Burnt his bridges with the current English set up before he did so with Utd.

Was never even going to be in contention regardless of his form.

lurganblue

No way Rashford should be at the euros. Maguire shouldn't either but there's a severe lack of defensive options for England.

HiMucker

There is no way Maguire is a better option than Tomori at this stage.

Jeepers Creepers

Had a few conversations about England and Sanchos name didn't come up in fairness re  selection. Would not be surprised if Rashford is squeezed in at some stage but certainly doesn't deserve it on form.

Armagh18

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on May 22, 2024, 10:08:02 AMHad a few conversations about England and Sanchos name didn't come up in fairness re  selection. Would not be surprised if Rashford is squeezed in at some stage but certainly doesn't deserve it on form.
Can he still be called up?

snoopdog

If by some miracle he sneaks a winning goal on sat he will be drafted in.

NAG1

Quote from: snoopdog on May 22, 2024, 10:13:56 AMIf by some miracle he sneaks a winning goal on sat he will be drafted in.

Na I think Southgate has taken his chance to get rid of him now.

He has named a wider panel of 33 which will need whittled down to 26 so that leaves him some room for injuries etc with the players he has named.

lurganblue

It's sky reporting it so it is most likely nonsense