Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadylimp

As Ardboe minors found out, if you break the rules, you must be punished. What's good enough for Ardboe minors is good enough for Dromore seniors.
'Oh honey I didn't get drunk. I just went into a strange fantasy world'

Norf Tyrone

Have Dromore been threw out of the Championship?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

LeoMc

wheres he takin er from

Somebody somewhere quit talking in riddles and tell us what this is about dromore being put out? I'd so why?
First on the field and last to leave

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Hashtag on September 05, 2012, 10:11:19 AM
Can any of the Kildress posters give us a few words on Horse Devlin. What will he bring to the table? Whats he like to work under? Is he a good motivator?

Couldn't speak highly enough of the horse after his time with the tones! He's a brilliant trainer and even better motivator! He's always up for it whether it's training or match day. All players know exactly where they stand with him.
IMHO I reckon Kildress would be safe this year and with the favourable draw that killyclogher got in the championship could possibly be in SFC semi final had horse choose to stay with us!
The fact that he most of the players know and like the horse should be a great addittion to the Tyrone back room!

I wish him all the best!

rrhf

Hashtag

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 06, 2012, 01:21:48 AM
Have Dromore been disqualified? Seems strange considering that there was no word of anything dodgy being known or anything controversial happening in their game at Dungannon.

Edit: Looking at twitter it seems that there is a story relating to a Minor Dromore player's eligibility to play against Ardboe, but that it was above board and Dromore are still in the championship?

I have seen reserve teams getting thrown out of championships in the past after playing a lad that was 'too young', my reply was if any team is beaten by a 15 or 16 year old then maybe they weren't good enough anyway. I will use this case for Ardboe. If Dromore are threw out over this rule, can Ardboe really stomach going into another championship match after that performance.

What age was this lad?

Edit: Just checked twitter and noticed that the player in question was actually suspended and not 'underage' and performing magic in the muggle world. My bad.

Wee Roddy

A suspended player? Can someone elaborate. I really cant see this being true

Tommo2

It seems a player had been sent off in the Minor championship, who had then played in the Q-final of the senior championship against Ardboe. Dromore have supposedly obtained clearance from the county board that the palyer was eligible.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. You would think that Ardboe would benefit and be re-instated if the rumours are true. Considering they have just been excluded from the minor championship for "rule-breaking", Ardbor may benefit from this.

rrhf

Two totally different examples. Ardboe refusing to field for an extra time period is one case.  Dromore fielding an allegedly illegal player is another.  Both must be punished by the punishment deemed suitable by the rulebook, if guilty.  There can be no grey area with discipline.    My understanding is that these indiscretions carry a non discretionary expulsion from the competition.  I hope for the sake of either club that neither are guilty or it appears they will be out.   

Hashtag

The sending off was two yellows. Just trying to confirm if he had been sent off before for the same.
Looks like Ardboe clutching at straws.

nrico2006

Quote from: rrhf on September 06, 2012, 11:01:25 AM
Two totally different examples. Ardboe refusing to field for an extra time period is one case.  Dromore fielding an allegedly illegal player is another.  Both must be punished by the punishment deemed suitable by the rulebook, if guilty.  There can be no grey area with discipline.    My understanding is that these indiscretions carry a non discretionary expulsion from the competition.  I hope for the sake of either club that neither are guilty or it appears they will be out.

Is there a rule which regulates the playing of extra time?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

wheres he takin er from

Quote from: rrhf on September 06, 2012, 11:01:25 AM

from what i can make of things on here, neither offence seems significant enough to warrant expulsion, but it would be unfair to expel ardboe in one code but not re-instate in the other. interesting times.
First on the field and last to leave

Hairy bacon

A minor player got sent off for 2 yellows in the minor c,ship that was his second time getting 2 yellows in a month so he got sespended, but I'm told he's only sespended from the minor c,ship an that the senior c,ship is different!! Dromore will not be kicked out of the c,ship,

Nally Stand

From the Ulster Herald website:

The GAA in Tyrone are investigating claims that Dromore played an illegible player in their senior championship game against Ardboe on Sunday.The controversy centers around their substitute Ruairi Sludden who was brought on with minutes to go as last year's county champions were cruising to victory.The Tyrone minor star was recently sent off for two yellow card offences in a minor club championship game against near neighbours Trillick. It has emerged that he also received another double yellow sending off in a minor game in recent months thereby invoking a one match ban.However there has been confusion regarding his eligibly as the competitions were at different grades. The rules state that football at underage level is categorised as being juvenile, under 16, and below.Yet sources close to the St Dympna's club claim that their player was given clearance by the authorities to play.The penalty for using an illegal player is expulsion from the competition. It is understood Ardboe have submitted a protest regarding the eligibility of the St Dympna's player to the Tyrone County Board.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore