Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smort

Quote from: RedHand88 on Today at 11:58:32 AM
Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on Today at 10:28:17 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on Today at 10:21:34 AMIt's June in 2 weeks ffs. Why was it even left this late to begin with? Derry have their 6th found of club fixtures this weekend and have played more county games than us this year!
Don't be ridiculous. The May start has been the best thing Tyrone GAA have done in the last decade. The season has ran brilliantly the last two years with the Friday games and the May start date. League played through the best months of the year. Unfortunate change for Senior clubs having to wait an extra week this year but give me the current structure and calendar over a March/April start and lengthy gaps throughout the season.

Aye agree on the Friday nights, but last year club football went on to October, with training from January. So it's still taking up the most of the year.

No need to be training from January

Mikhailov

Quote from: WeGoAgain on Today at 11:33:49 AM
Quote from: GlenMan on Today at 11:21:58 AM
Quote from: WeGoAgain on Today at 11:02:32 AMGames could have still started next week. Round 3 had Donaghmore and Eglish playing each other. Why not make that the first round and redraw the remaining fixtures if that is the approach they are going with.

I also don't understand why it is such an issue this year that fixtures have to be redrawn. Cormac Munroe left the Tyrone panel last year once the league had started. There are probably others from last year as well which I can't remember as well. I can remember Clonoe once had 3 players leave the panel and there wasn't redraw of fixtures - so why is it a big issue this year?

The fixtures definitely were redone when those Clonoe players left

Maybe the best thing going forward is just leaving publishing fixtures until a week or so before the start date?

I stand corrected

Are you sure they were changed?

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: GlenMan on Today at 11:21:58 AM
Quote from: WeGoAgain on Today at 11:02:32 AMGames could have still started next week. Round 3 had Donaghmore and Eglish playing each other. Why not make that the first round and redraw the remaining fixtures if that is the approach they are going with.

I also don't understand why it is such an issue this year that fixtures have to be redrawn. Cormac Munroe left the Tyrone panel last year once the league had started. There are probably others from last year as well which I can't remember as well. I can remember Clonoe once had 3 players leave the panel and there wasn't redraw of fixtures - so why is it a big issue this year?

The fixtures definitely were redone when those Clonoe players left

Maybe the best thing going forward is just leaving publishing fixtures until a week or so before the start date?
That is incorrect. Clonoe played round 1, took quite a beating, McAliskey, McNulty and McClure left the panel that week and played in ACL Round 2. It was the season of the 7 or 8 starred games. Fixtures were not redone in 2021.

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: RedHand88 on Today at 10:21:34 AMIt's June in 2 weeks ffs. Why was it even left this late to begin with? Derry have their 6th found of club fixtures this weekend and have played more county games than us this year!
Don't be ridiculous. The May start has been the best thing Tyrone GAA have done in the last decade. The season has ran brilliantly the last two years with the Friday games and the May start date. League played through the best months of the year. Unfortunate change for Senior clubs having to wait an extra week this year but give me the current structure and calendar over a March/April start and lengthy gaps throughout the season.

Aye agree on the Friday nights, but last year club football went on to October, with training from January. So it's still taking up the most of the year.
Each club to their own regarding their own preparation during pre-season. For majority the season ends with Championship. League finished very start of September. The Play-Off system is what you are questioning regarding club football still going in October. The League format as it sits at the minute May, June, July, August - thats when you want to be playing football and Tyrone leagues provide weekly football during these months. Long may that continue.

Rebel84

Quote from: smort on Today at 12:00:48 PM

No need to be training from January

The Outside Manager milking a club will disagree with you.

Mikhailov

On the lads leaving county squad issue, I believe Donaghmore were naive and will regret not advising their 2 lads to hang on a bit longer with the county then quit the night before league started.

Last year Monroe for Carmen, McNulty for Clarkes, McNabb Dromore plus possibly one or two others all quit after the starred games segment started and then proceeded to play in remaining starred games.

By that stage the CCC could do nothing and this is what all clubs will advise their players what to do in future.

Donaghmore just happen to be the fall guys despite the fact that players/clubs have done this for years.

LeoMc

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on Today at 09:33:39 AM
Quote from: GaaGPT on Today at 08:41:57 AM
Quote from: Mikhailov on Today at 08:20:23 AMCrazy decision by the ccc last night to delay the leagues. The poor club player is getting shafted all the time
Only division 1 or division 2 also?
Division 1.
Complaints coming in about Eglish and Donaghmore being starred fixtures despite them having no county men anymore as McGleenan, Cush and Quinn have left the panel. Killyclogher also might become an issue if some of their U20s are called up after Sunday's final.

What players are likely to get called up?