New York v Ros 1st May.

Started by Rossfan, April 11, 2016, 08:34:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

I know what happened, they couldn't bring the bloody bus! It was like playing blind folded such was the sadness of knowing that big beauty wasn't in the car park waiting. She'll be revving up for Leitrim so fear not, Rossies for Sam.

From the Bunker

Roscommon so confident of beating New York they started with only 14 men!

Blowitupref

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 01, 2016, 11:02:19 PM
Wouldn't worry about it. It's not long since the league semis. Training will inevitably go up a notch seen as it was close.
Come off it Farrandeelin. Would you be saying something similar if it was Mayo 1-15 New York 0-17? Long road back for the rossies after that game and a number of the players have surely played themselves out the starting team after that performance.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

muppet

Connacht Championship has to be the most competitive now. Our lower division teams can beat newly promoted division 1 teams and our makey-uppy teams can get to within a point of a team that should have beaten the Dubs.
MWWSI 2017

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 01, 2016, 11:58:04 PM
Wouldn't worry about it. It's not long since the league semis. Training will inevitably go up a notch seen as it was close.
Come off it Farrandeelin. Would you be saying something similar if it was Mayo 1-15 New York 0-17? Long road back for the rossies after that game and a number of the players have surely played themselves out the starting team after that performance.
No, I probably wouldn't.  ;D You're probably right. Losing the last 3 games of the league, despite it being only the league is not exactly what Ros had hoped for. Anyway I expect them to beat Leitrim next time out.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 02, 2016, 12:07:34 AM
No, I probably wouldn't.  ;D You're probably right. Losing the last 3 games of the league, despite it being only the league is not exactly what Ros had hoped for. Anyway I expect them to beat Leitrim next time out.

Nothing to do with how we finished the league. Won the D2 title with a good performance against Down last year but turned up in London totally palatic a few weeks later. All about championship form.

moysider

I wouldn t mind that tonight. And Roscommon had a good league all told.

If the Roscommon players are as good as we are told they are then they have nothing to worry about. Good players don t become poor players overnight. These trips thar lear can be tricky.

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on May 02, 2016, 12:11:51 AM

Nothing to do with how we finished the league. Won the D2 title with a good performance against Down last year but turned up in London totally palatic a few weeks later. All about championship form.

Relax Sy. This evening wasn't Championship. Really it wasn't. If Ros reach CF they will be in rude good form and expecting to beat whoever they face.

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on May 02, 2016, 12:21:13 AM

Relax Sy. This evening wasn't Championship. Really it wasn't. If Ros reach CF they will be in rude good form and expecting to beat whoever they face.

If. Leitrim would have hammered us today.

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on May 02, 2016, 12:23:33 AM

Leitrim were not playing in NY this evening. Maybe just as well for them.
Why the angst Sy? Thought things were in place? The management most Mayo people wanted, Roscommon have. You wouldn t swap your players for ours - especially the forwards. Vot ist los?

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on May 02, 2016, 12:31:50 AM

Why the angst Sy? Thought things were in place? The management most Mayo people wanted, Roscommon have. You wouldn t swap your players for ours - especially the forwards. Vot ist los?

Our U21 team would have hammered New York this evening.

Mayo are likely going no where is their own management reshuffle but we're the most erratic county in Ireland at this stage. Seemingly has very little to do with who's managing us.

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on May 02, 2016, 12:35:57 AM

Mayo are likely going no where is their own management reshuffle but we're the most erratic county in Ireland at this stage. Seemingly has very little to do with who's managing us.

This doesn't make sense!! But it does tie in with your remark about getting more senior players from this years U21 than Mayo will. Still does not make sense though? You've got your Shines, Devanneys, Harneys, and Kilbrides and Murtaghs etc.
Mayo will be grand. The 'reshuffle' was necessary and last years arrangement should not have happened. Overall our league was positive as was Roscommon's.

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on May 02, 2016, 12:48:48 AM

This doesn't make sense!! But it does tie in with your remark about getting more senior players from this years U21 than Mayo will. Still does not make sense though? You've got your Shines, Devanneys, Harneys, and Kilbrides and Murtaghs etc.
Mayo will be grand. The 'reshuffle' was necessary and last years arrangement should not have happened. Overall our league was positive as was Roscommon's.

This year's management have shown absolutely nothing to suggest a change of management was anything more than foolhardy arrogance by the players.

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on May 02, 2016, 12:59:26 AM
Quote from: moysider on May 02, 2016, 12:48:48 AM

This year's management have shown absolutely nothing to suggest a change of management was anything more than foolhardy arrogance by the players.

Sigh! The next few months will reveal a lot. I'm happier going into this championship than I was last year anyway.

maigheo

[/quote]We will forgive you for that idiotic statement seeing the nights thats in it.I think part of Roscommons problem is they start there championship training in November in order for them to stay in Division 1 of the league and when the championship does comes around they have no extra gears.Mayo done the same with JOM  and thankfully when Horan came in he changed all that.I know Ros want to be in Div. 1 but maybe they have got there too fast and are putting to much effort into the league