New York v Ros 1st May.

Started by Rossfan, April 11, 2016, 08:34:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

macdanger2

Shades of James Horan's first championsip game in charge?

J70

From the Bunker

There are many ways to look at a result like this! It can bring confidence down. Or you can go into your next game with a realist view and take noting for granted! It can take expectation of the team and fans and give the players more freedom! They got a fright, but they did not lose!

Syferus

Quote from: macdanger2 on May 01, 2016, 10:43:00 PM
Shades of James Horan's first championsip game in charge?

The wildly optimistic take.

Fourth brutal championship performance by us in 12 months. No other county in D1 or D2 can compete with that sort of consistency.

moysider

I remember Liam saying to me that training Clare was like preparing turkeys for Christmas! I wonder what he's thinking now in the land of the sheepstealers? preparing lambs for the slaughter perhaps.

Seriously though this won t matter a damn in a couple of months time. At least they didn t have to go to extra time like Mayo in London in 2011 - and that didn t do us much harm.

Rossfan

Maybe but London have 7 League games behind them. NY is basically a scratch team playing their first game together.
Hard to see anything but another sh1te Championship coming up.
Just an embarrassment and management need to look at themselves.
It might have only been NY but you have to put them away early and to do so needs players minds to be right.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rossfan on May 01, 2016, 10:56:45 PM
Maybe but London have 7 League games behind them. NY is basically a scratch team playing their first game together.
It might have only been NY but you have to put them away early and to do so needs players minds to be right.
Wouldn't worry about it. It's not long since the league semis. Training will inevitably go up a notch seen as it was close.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

BennyCake

I'm surprised New York didn't win this. I mean, there's a big population difference between the two.

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 01, 2016, 11:02:19 PM
Wouldn't worry about it. It's not long since the league semis. Training will inevitably go up a notch seen as it was close.

We've been training since November and we just beat a challenge team that got together a few weeks ago by a point. It's hard to see any positives from that. It will also have flooded Leitrim with confidence and will make them all the harder to beat in three weeks.

Cunny Funt

I know they won but that must be up there with one of Roscommons worst ever championship results? Like I mean how is it possible for a division one team to concede 0-17 to New York and then hang on by the skin of their teeth. No doubt about it now Leitrim or Sligo have excellent chance of reaching this years Connacht final.

Rossfan

The Laythrum  hoors will be frothing out of their mouths by the time we meet them.
Have some of our lads the stomach for a bunch of hairy savages tearing into them.
Not our finest hour tonight.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Mclf

Quote from: Syferus on May 01, 2016, 11:07:41 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 01, 2016, 11:02:19 PM

We've been training since November and we just beat a challenge team that got together a few weeks ago by a point. It's hard to see any positives from that. It will also have flooded Leitrim with confidence and will make them all the harder to beat in three weeks.

Good job you don't have to worry about it and can head to London and enjoy your yourself with the rest of club51 members

Tubberman

When you get into trouble in NY or Ruislip, things seem to get a bit surreal and I don't think players really believe they're  in the situation they're in.
That's why you have to kill the game early. It might have no bearing on Ros for rest of champ, but it's hard to see positives either
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

joemamas

Just in from game. New York had an incredible chance to score a goal with last kick of game. It was blasted well over the bar. Final whistle went from the kick out.
Body language of the Rossies would have to be a concern, bar three or four they were very very poor.
Duane one of New York' better players went off injured with at least twenty mins to go.
Roscommon do not have a midfield, Donie Shine came on as a sub, looked lost bar one good catch and shot, expected more from him.while in the grand scheme of things it may not mean a whole lot, but I would not be a confident rossie given that newyork is a team thrown together with no meaningful games played. New York goalie was excellent as was Connor from Offaly and loughlin from Westmeath

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Roscommon will get over Leitrim but Sligo will be very confident now.