The Roscommon Bus

Started by Shamrock Shore, May 08, 2014, 12:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: Jinxy on April 14, 2015, 08:59:00 PM
Great to see the bus in its natural habitat doing what it does best.

Approaching the Blanketstown roundabout?
MWWSI 2017

giveballaghback

Rossfan

Quote from: Shrewdness on April 14, 2015, 08:55:03 PM
Despite Tubberman's filthy windscreen, doesn't the bus look magnificent. Hopefully, the bus will be a regular sight up and down that road in years to come.
+1.
The CBS lads had it last weekend.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Quote from: Tubberman on April 14, 2015, 08:29:11 PM
Well would you look at what was ahead of me on the M50 this evening!
Apologies for the dirty state of my windscreen which does nothing to convey the true majesty of The Bus.
They must have been up on a reconnaissance mission to Croker ahead of the D2 finale.

It might just be part of a Rossie scheme to get Mayo drivers to crash their cars while taking photos.

Jinxy

Were any of those cars actually overtaking the bus or were they just basking in its reflected glory?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Itchy

mjg

Quote from: Jinxy on April 14, 2015, 11:00:05 PM
Were any of those cars actually overtaking the bus or were they just basking in its reflected glory?
Cant imagine anybody having the audacity to overtake that work of art

cuconnacht

Yer right.Look carefully,is it not  the cover screenshot for the opening series of `the walking dead`?

Tubberman

Quote from: mjg on April 15, 2015, 12:58:44 AM

Well I certainly didn't. I followed at a respectful distance until it veered off down the N4 where I believe cars pulled into the hard shoulder to allow it proceed unhindered as far as Tarmonbarry where there was a flotilla waiting on the Shannon to ceremoniously mark the crossing into Connacht.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

seafoid

Quote from: Tubberman on April 15, 2015, 09:57:22 AM

Well I certainly didn't. I followed at a respectful distance until it veered off down the N4 where I believe cars pulled into the hard shoulder to allow it proceed unhindered as far as Tarmonbarry where there was a flotilla waiting on the Shannon to ceremoniously mark the crossing into Connacht.

I always think passing the Welcome to Connacht sign on that road in Athlone  that the opposite side should say "welcome to Hell "

Rossfan

Quote from: Tubberman on April 15, 2015, 09:57:22 AM

People getting to know their places at last. ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Quote from: Jinxy on April 14, 2015, 08:59:00 PM
Great to see the bus in its natural habitat doing what it does best.
I thought being parked around the Ros goals was its natural habitat

Chimley

Going to have serious mileage put up before this year is out, I'd say. I can picture the Done Deal ad already.

DermyTDredi

Quote from: Chimley on April 15, 2015, 02:57:40 PM
Going to have serious mileage put up before this year is out, I'd say. I can picture the Done Deal ad already.

will be back in the garage for a while come Saturday evening

Syferus

Quote from: DermyTDredi on April 15, 2015, 03:35:26 PM
Quote from: Chimley on April 15, 2015, 02:57:40 PM

will be back in the garage for a while come Saturday evening

So we're not using it for the league final the Sunday after?