2013 All Ireland Final: Mayo v Dublin

Started by All of a Sludden, August 26, 2013, 10:16:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on September 10, 2013, 04:34:27 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 10, 2013, 04:25:55 PM
Quote from: Sam2011 on September 10, 2013, 04:09:01 PM
Joe McQuillan is the ref for the game.

Any statisticians out there have the respective win/loss ratio for Mayo and Dublin anytime Joe has reffed their games?

Im sure the lads in kildare will have an answer to that with all their bloody game of inches crap...............................tis football not american football

How....................................old....................................are....................................you....................?
#newbridgeornowhere

iorras

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on September 10, 2013, 05:02:48 PM
Quote from: orangeman on September 10, 2013, 04:56:08 PM
Dublin bound to be very happy at the appointment of Joe for another final.

Horan too seems he gave Mayo everything last year in the semi after falling for Horans bullshit lies of reffing A VS B games
Nope, Horan never said that, he was commenting on a question from the irish examiner journalist Terry Reilly who asked him what he thought of Joe's appointment especially since he had been reffing Dublin "A v B games"

"He's a top-class inter-county referee," he said.

"There's a lot of commentary out there that he is very familiar with the Dublin set up and, as you said, he refereed a lot of their A versus B games this year. But, look, we're happy with the referee that's appointed. There's a review committee there so if there was any questionable decisions they'd review that.

"We just go with the referees that are there. I have a lot of Kerry friends from last year that weren't too happy with some of his decisions but sin scéal eile.

"The referee has been appointed. The review committee is there to judge referees and that's not for us to do. I'm sure refereeing A versus B games will have no bearing on his performance against us in Croker."

And JH had a look at the crystal ball last week and predicted Joe for this one, I must get the Lotto numbers off him:

Horan expects that Joe McQuillan will be appointed match referee sometime next week, but doesn't expect the same focus of attention on cynical fouling as there was in the week of last year's final.

"There might be more pressure on the ref than any of the teams, whoever is selected. And more than likely it will be Joe if you look at the data," he said.

Captain Obvious

Horan too seems he gave Mayo everything last year in the semi after falling for Horans bullshit lies of reffing A VS B games

Same ref? Mayo should be happy enough or will he favour the Dubs this time?

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 10, 2013, 05:25:53 PM

Any statisticians out there have the respective win/loss ratio for Mayo and Dublin anytime Joe has reffed their games?

Im sure the lads in kildare will have an answer to that with all their bloody game of inches crap...............................tis football not american football

How....................................old....................................are....................................you....................?

Irrelevant, most recently it was you trying to dig out the vid of p mcmahon with the foot to the head of cooper and now you want a statistical breakdown of the matches Joe reffed involving Dublin

Johnnybegood

Quote from: iorras on September 10, 2013, 05:39:47 PM

Nope, Horan never said that, he was commenting on a question from the irish examiner journalist Terry Reilly who asked him what he thought of Joe's appointment especially since he had been reffing Dublin "A v B games"

"There's a lot of commentary out there that he is very familiar with the Dublin set up and, as you said, he refereed a lot of their A versus B games this year. But, look, we're happy with the referee that's appointed. There's a review committee there so if there was any questionable decisions they'd review that.

"We just go with the referees that are there. I have a lot of Kerry friends from last year that weren't too happy with some of his decisions but sin scéal eile.

"The referee has been appointed. The review committee is there to judge referees and that's not for us to do. I'm sure refereeing A versus B games will have no bearing on his performance against us in Croker."

And JH had a look at the crystal ball last week and predicted Joe for this one, I must get the Lotto numbers off him:

Horan expects that Joe McQuillan will be appointed match referee sometime next week, but doesn't expect the same focus of attention on cynical fouling as there was in the week of last year's final.

"There might be more pressure on the ref than any of the teams, whoever is selected. And more than likely it will be Joe if you look at the data," he said.
i most be going stupid! From my reading of you're post he said exactly that !

moysider

Quote from: Johnnybegood on September 10, 2013, 08:45:22 PM

Nah. The journalist said it and Horan seems to have thought that young Reilly would have his facts straight. Horan does not appear to have got too upset about it anyway and said it would have ne bearing on his performance anyway.

Look the ref has been appointed and that s that. I ve no problem with McQuillan s appointment - though I might after the match ;D. Teams cant get hung up on the ref. either, and they ll be more tuned into his ways than we are. From a Mayo point of view we have to bring a savage intensity to proceedings from the off. That s the most important thing. It doesn t matter who the ref is we will have to go about it the same way anyway.

Johnnybegood

Quote from: moysider on September 10, 2013, 09:03:54 PM
Quote from: Johnnybegood on September 10, 2013, 08:45:22 PM

Nah. The journalist said it and Horan seems to have thought that young Reilly would have his facts straight. Horan does not appear to have got too upset about it anyway and said it would have ne bearing on his performance anyway.

Look the ref has been appointed and that s that. I ve no problem with McQuillan s appointment - though I might after the match ;D. Teams cant get hung up on the ref. either, and they ll be more tuned into his ways than we are. From a Mayo point of view we have to bring a savage intensity to proceedings from the off. That s the most important thing. It doesn t matter who the ref is we will have to go about it the same way anyway.
meh! He had no problem picking it up and running with it to his advantage!
My own opinions on referees is they are players also and do their best to be fair. It's a bloody hard job and I think the payers have to take responsibility to cut out any cynical stuff and lazy tackles and forwards hitting the deck with the slightest contact. Hopefully genuine attempts to win the ball in the tackle are not penalised and we have a gud free flowing physical final.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on September 10, 2013, 07:56:37 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 10, 2013, 05:25:53 PM

Irrelevant, most recently it was you trying to dig out the vid of p mcmahon with the foot to the head of cooper and now you want a statistical breakdown of the matches Joe reffed involving Dublin

You're a child so very relevant. I asked of both teams because I was pretty sure people would reference the perception Joe McQ been biased in favour of Dublin so wanted to see how it stood up on a pretty raw level. Since you seem perceive any criticism of Dublin as some injustice on the level of Nelson Madela's imprisonment I leave shall you to your ellipses in the hope that some day you do actually trail off...
#newbridgeornowhere

larryin89

Ya have to love the way this story has grown legs and then more legs.

He did f**king ref Dublin a v  b games.

The Internet is a mighty tool but by f**k does it give people a license to convince you of pure lies as  gospel truth.

I repeat Joe Mquillan has in the past refereed Dublin a v b games.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

moysider

Quote from: larryin89 on September 10, 2013, 11:24:29 PM

The Internet is a mighty tool but by f**k does it give people a license to convince you of pure lies as  gospel truth.

If he did or he did not, Horan did not get in much of a sweat about it anyway. Dunno what the fuss is about? Horan had no problem with it 2 years ago, why should we have now?

Look, the non -Ivy League teams will always be wary of treatment by refs. at this time of year. Clare s riding last Sunday would not do the nerves much good. Tradition my hole. Sometimes the ref. keeps the ould tradition bubbling along nicely. But from a Mayo/Clare point of view we cannot not show up. Hopefully McQuillan will not do a McEneneaney on it and cave in.

Hill16 Blues

And you know this because....?

Pure boll*x! And not for the first time youre talking through your cake.....!

SuperDooperCooper

Shocked he has got two finals in three years.  God help football if he is the best ref out there. 
GAA has done him no favours either as the preception is there (righrly or wrongly) that he is too familar with Dublin and this preception will be fed by every free he gives them.  Crazy own goal by the GAA.  He has done Dublin A vs B games in the past and was quoted that his favourite moment was being on the pitch for the Dublin goal in 2011 so he has done himself no favours either. http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056501759/1/#post76287562

Jell 0 Biafra

I don't know whether he has or hasn't, but can anyone post actual evidence that McQuillan has reffed Dublin A vs. B games? 

heffo

No he didn't. You can repeat it all you like. Doesn't make it true.

SuperDooperCooper

Here is an article after last years Dublin / Mayo game where the bould Pat McEnaney discusses Joe and the Dubs - http://www.irishexaminer.com/archives/2012/0904/ireland/blood-subs-come-under-scrutiny-206384.html

So in 2012 he had not done an internal training game for two years and he took the FF defense before that (can't remember).  Either he did or he didn't the can't remember line isn't great.

Joe would have been better to come out and say I did these games in the past and as an intercounty ref I shouldn't have.  As usual the story is more in the cover-up than the event. If in fact he did any in house matches as if Joe can't remember we can't say for definite.  I wounder does he remember the final from two years ago????