Championship Matters with Marty Morrissey

Started by goal 10, May 31, 2012, 09:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinaman

Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 06, 2012, 08:35:41 PM
it's like watching beatlejuice tonight with marty's jacket
I wonder if he sits on a board, like the ones you had to sit on when you went to the barber as a kid to make you taller...

theticklemister

That show was excellent tonight.

Anthony mcintyre spoke the truth there tonight and didn't hold back; great insight. Ye could also listen all night to brendan cummins; great hurler and he commands respect.

Minder

Marty to Jason Ryan "should Conor Mortimer be invited back on to the Mayo panel for this All Ireland final"  ???
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ballinaman

Great analysis there....ffs, shocking. 30 mins of my life I'll never get back

mylestheslasher

Such shit. No disrespect to con houlahan but with 30 mins to discuss the ai final could that 10 minute tribute not have been done another time, like 6 weeks ago. The analysis - Donegals corner back runs unchallenged to the half way line, meets an opponent turns around and hand passes backwards. Amazing.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Galvin had a pair of pink kacks on and Jason Ryan looked like he was dying for the gick of death........poor stuff

Redhand Santa

A shocking attempt at previewing the biggest game of the year. As someone said the tribute should have been done at another time. There was no life about the show or no build up of the game at all. No in depth look at where it would be won or lost. No look back at how the teams got to the final or clips from around the counties. RTE could do so much more to build up the game - don't seem to have any interest, strange given the ratings it gives them.

mylestheslasher

I know nothing about making a TV show but I am certain I could do a better job organising that show with only zig and zag as host and guest. Terrible.

Tubberman

I was listening to Newstalk previewing the final with David Brady, Colm Parkinson and yer man Moyles from Meath.
A great discussion, funny in places but they also got into the possible tactics as well as the mental side of things in an All-Ireland final, referencing their own experiences (well, not Parkinson!).
Then I had the misfortune to turn on RTE2. Absolutely shocking stuff. It was neither light-hearted nor in-depth, it offered nothing. A complete waste of airtime. Montrose haven't a fcking clue what people want to see.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

spuds

Quote from: Tubberman on September 20, 2012, 10:50:36 PM
I was listening to Newstalk previewing the final with David Brady, Colm Parkinson and yer man Moyles from Meath.
A great discussion, funny in places but they also got into the possible tactics as well as the mental side of things in an All-Ireland final, referencing their own experiences (well, not Parkinson!).
Then I had the misfortune to turn on RTE2. Absolutely shocking stuff. It was neither light-hearted nor in-depth, it offered nothing. A complete waste of airtime. Montrose haven't a fcking clue what people want to see.
Agreed.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

haze

The show last night was insufferable.

Billy Keane had me reaching for the remote to turn it off.

Aristo 60

was it a hankerchief or a red card in Galvin's top pocket?

He really has become a curious specimen   ???

GBXII

Just came in here to say the exact same thing happened to me! I was listening to Off the Ball, was absolutely excellent and someone said Championship Matters is on now as well. Went out to watch it, what a load a absolute shite. The Off the Ball lads are way ahead of anything else that is out there at the moment.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: GBXII on September 21, 2012, 10:07:43 AM

Just came in here to say the exact same thing happened to me! I was listening to Off the Ball, was absolutely excellent and someone said Championship Matters is on now as well. Went out to watch it, what a load a absolute shite. The Off the Ball lads are way ahead of anything else that is out there at the moment.

ill have too find the podcast for this, brady moyles and even parkinson are likeable alright.......................................... i can imagine brady having a he-man moment on sunday, tearing his shirt off in rage and bearing a rugged hairy chest