AISF Mayo v Dublin

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 09, 2015, 01:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo v Dublin Replay

Mayo
Dublin

Tubberman

He was gym manager in parnells. Think they've squandered all their cash now though so not sure if he's still there
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Sean3

Quote from: Tubberman on August 25, 2015, 07:00:43 AM
He was gym manager in parnells. Think they've squandered all their cash now though so not sure if he's still there

He's still there

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: moysider on August 25, 2015, 12:26:32 AM
Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 24, 2015, 11:33:40 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 24, 2015, 11:30:09 PM
Quote from: SouthDublinBro on August 24, 2015, 07:29:26 PM
Disgusting listening to Mortimer and Spillane on RTE. You would swear that Mayo and Kerry were the only counties that play "beautiful" football.

Do you have a link for this?

Mortimer has a dire attitude considering him plying his trade in Dublin, bloody bore you to death with his monotone voice similar too dessie farrell

What trade is he plying? Is he a plastered/ chippie?

You d want to make up your mind as well about Dublin. Seems like ye present CP as fine and dandy for a team to play Dublin. But get upset at anybody that doesn t genuflect. But hey. don t worry, as long as the ref. genuflects, ye ll be laughing.

Just post a link anyway!

Getting the excuses in early I see................ Just don't make this semi, your final, if ye win go on and win it all

My point regarding Mortimer is he's a bitter soul and forgets what's side his protein bread is buttered on, sure big James H would back me up on that one

macdanger2

From the Mayo News:

QuoteUnprecedented demand for semi-final tickets in Mayo

Anton McNulty

IT looks like many Mayo GAA football fans who had planned to go to the All-Ireland semi-final between Mayo and Dublin on August 30 will face an anxious wait due to what the Mayo County Board has described as 'unprecedented demand' for tickets to Croke Park.
The allocation for online tickets and those sold through SuperValu and Centra supermarkets for the semi-final sold out within 48 hours last week, and it now appears the demand for All-Ireland semi-final tickets through clubs in Mayo is much higher than ever before.
A statement from the County Board released to clubs late last night said that club orders will only be "fulfilled at 80 percent of what was submitted, meaning that 20 percent will have to be reduced from each club order."
The statement also said that one-third of tickets distributed to clubs over the weekend will include an allocation for the terraced areas of Croke Park, meaning clubs will roughly receive about half of the stand tickets allocation that they requested.
The County Board offered some hope to those likely to be in limbo: "It is hoped that there may be a second allocation next week, but at this stage it is too early to say what may be available."
Expect much talk about the availability of tickets for the big game right through the weekend here in Mayo.

Fairly poor form to sell tickets online and leave clubs without their full allocation - I presume Dublin clubs are in a similar situation.

Why would there be a second allocation of tickets later in the week? I thought that X amount went to the clubs and the remainder online. The Dubs are hardly sending any of their allocation back

squire_in_navy_slacks

I'd imagine this game won't sell out, possibly a thousand or two off the mark, it's the usual event junkies and Facebook brats, sure you couldn't give a ticket away for recent games

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 25, 2015, 11:20:55 AM
Quote from: moysider on August 25, 2015, 12:26:32 AM
Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 24, 2015, 11:33:40 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 24, 2015, 11:30:09 PM
Quote from: SouthDublinBro on August 24, 2015, 07:29:26 PM
Disgusting listening to Mortimer and Spillane on RTE. You would swear that Mayo and Kerry were the only counties that play "beautiful" football.

Do you have a link for this?

Mortimer has a dire attitude considering him plying his trade in Dublin, bloody bore you to death with his monotone voice similar too dessie farrell

What trade is he plying? Is he a plastered/ chippie?

You d want to make up your mind as well about Dublin. Seems like ye present CP as fine and dandy for a team to play Dublin. But get upset at anybody that doesn t genuflect. But hey. don t worry, as long as the ref. genuflects, ye ll be laughing.

Just post a link anyway!

Getting the excuses in early I see................ Just don't make this semi, your final, if ye win go on and win it all

My point regarding Mortimer is he's a bitter soul and forgets what's side his protein bread is buttered on, sure big James H would back me up on that one

In fairness, Big James H didn't seem to fond of the Shrule men
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 25, 2015, 11:33:47 AM
I'd imagine this game won't sell out, possibly a thousand or two off the mark, it's the usual event junkies and Facebook brats, sure you couldn't give a ticket away for recent games

It sold out a while ago
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 25, 2015, 11:35:37 AM
Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 25, 2015, 11:33:47 AM

It sold out a while ago

Hysteria, I haven't seen the sold out signs yet

macdanger2

I think the online ticket allocation was sold-out but that doesn't mean the whole thing is a sell-out yet

The Hill is Blue

The poll at the top of the page is beginning to look like a Donegal referendum result in favour of NO.   

Mayo (63.4%) Dublin (36.6%)

It seems that there's a clear majority out there who expect a Mayo win. Is that the result of unbiased analysis or, as Alan Greenspan might have said, is it a case of "Irrational Exuberance".
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

twohands!!!

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 25, 2015, 11:44:55 AM

Said with a straight face  ;)

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/jim-gavin-aidan-o-shea-effect-won-t-dilute-philosophy-1.2327266

Someone should put a montage together of all the interviews of smiley Jim talking up opposition before games for the laugh.....

What does Yerra sound like in a Dublin accent?

Rossfan

Dublin to win by at least 5 points I'm gl sorry  :-[ to say.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: Rossfan on August 25, 2015, 03:33:40 PM
Dublin to win by at least 5 points I'm gl sorry  :-[ to say.

Doubt it.  The 06, 12 and 13 matches were all tight affairs, decided by a point or two.  Can't see that changing.  Two very evenly matched teams.

macdanger2

Quote from: twohands!!! on August 25, 2015, 03:17:30 PM
Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 25, 2015, 11:44:55 AM

Said with a straight face  ;)

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/jim-gavin-aidan-o-shea-effect-won-t-dilute-philosophy-1.2327266

Someone should put a montage together of all the interviews of smiley Jim talking up opposition before games for the laugh.....

What does Yerra sound like in a Dublin accent?

He must have the smarmiest head in Ireland. Only Michael Lowry comes close