Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: Saffrongael on June 06, 2023, 12:11:59 PM
Quote from: SaffronSports on June 06, 2023, 11:18:45 AM
On actual results, Cushendall would go through with a win and a draw. Ballycastle won one, lost one and Portaferry had a draw and a loss. Bizarre they go for points difference between them before actual results.

It's Antrim baby

It is, but on closer inspection of The Official Guide 2023 edition section 6.21 points are the first criteria rather than scores etc etc;

Except where provided for otherwise in these
Rules, in County Bye-Law or in Competition Regulation,
when Teams finish with equal points for Qualification for the Concluding Stages, or for Promotion or Relegation, the tie shall be decided by the following means and in the order specified:
(i) The higher number of League Points obtained in the 'Head-to-Head' games defined as the games in which the teams involved in the tie have played each other.
(ii) The higher Scoring Difference (subtracting the total Scores Against from total Scores For) in the 'Head-to-Head' games.

The County bye-law can and has over ride this in this instance.

saffman

Yeah not the most straightforward and i personally would've thought points between the head to head teams better than score difference - however this was communicated to the clubs prior to the league commencing and if I'm correct was recommended by week 3/4 of fixtures

Seeing on some social media that portaferry believe this is a ploy to stop 3 Ards teams getting top half - certainly clutching at straws

johnnycool

Quote from: saffman on June 06, 2023, 02:24:26 PM
Yeah not the most straightforward and i personally would've thought points between the head to head teams better than score difference - however this was communicated to the clubs prior to the league commencing and if I'm correct was recommended by week 3/4 of fixtures

Seeing on some social media that portaferry believe this is a ploy to stop 3 Ards teams getting top half - certainly clutching at straws

Where are you seeing that?

NorthAntrim

these split leagues are a shambles. maybe see the back of them when the leagues are restructured? Cushendall are nowhere near a bottom half side lets face it. Likewise ballycastle and st endas would probably benefit more from being in bottom half

also how is there a restructure in football and hurling leagues..with promotion in football and and nothing in hurling. only in antrim

Jonkunlon

Quote from: Jonkunlon on June 06, 2023, 09:43:43 AM
Wonder why Dunloy are conceding the Feis Cup semi-final?

Anyone?  Think this got lost among the Div 1 chat.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NorthAntrim on June 06, 2023, 04:12:59 PM
these split leagues are a shambles. maybe see the back of them when the leagues are restructured? Cushendall are nowhere near a bottom half side lets face it. Likewise ballycastle and st endas would probably benefit more from being in bottom half

also how is there a restructure in football and hurling leagues..with promotion in football and and nothing in hurling. only in antrim

On St Endas from what I've seen this year they are very much a top six team
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NorthAntrim

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 06, 2023, 05:12:00 PM

i stand corrected. top 4 antrim side after lgiel cushendall and dunloy?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NorthAntrim on June 06, 2023, 05:14:57 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 06, 2023, 05:12:00 PM

i stand corrected. top 4 antrim side after lgiel cushendall and dunloy?

On what I've seen of the teams this year in the league, they did take a beating by Loughgiel but so have most teams, I'm only basing though in league so far
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

saffman

Quote from: johnnycool on June 06, 2023, 03:15:44 PM
Quote from: saffman on June 06, 2023, 02:24:26 PM

Where are you seeing that?

Twitter - one of 2 players posting/sharing about it

Agree the league positions have raised a few eyebrows, wouldn't have thought st endas, ballycastle or ballygalget wouldve been top half

Similarly cushendall & portaferry were top 2 last year and find themselves bottom half

Availability of county players certainly plays its part but end if the day league needs played and you don't get points for namesake therefore i think its refreshing and will strengthen the league going forward if we do see a league competitive with every team capable of wins on their day

NorthAntrim

different polocies with different county managers maybe facilitates stronger panels for down teams too? joe mcdonagh played on a saturday helps too

imtommygunn

Down being out earlier probably helped the ards clubs.

Tbh you'd be less worried for most in division one. If it causes you to get relegated or not promoted that'd be the main concern.

NorthAntrim

Ardoyne winning div 4 a bit of a shock. Report on SG look to have big numbers. Fair play. A club on the rise

Saffrongael

Quote from: NorthAntrim on June 13, 2023, 10:15:15 AM
Ardoyne winning div 4 a bit of a shock. Report on SG look to have big numbers. Fair play. A club on the rise

Who would have been the expected winners there ? It seems like a bit of a balls, two teams pulled out so loss of walkovers & obviously no promotion
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

NorthAntrim

On paper possibly Davitts? St Teresas amalgamation too

SaffronSports

What's the numbers re relegation this year? I know there's no promotion. Mainly asking about how many go down from division 2