Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over the Bar

Bit disappointed with OGS interview TBH. Probably felt like all his Christmases has arrived early but shouldn't have shown it. A straight 'very happy with  performance but that's what's expected playing for this club and areas we need to work on' would have done.

Boycey

From the Bunker

United showed yesterday that they are not as bad as they've looked the last couple of months. Great start for OGS, but you'd have to wonder how much real input he had in the result?

Reality Check time: Cardiff are a poor side. Results of 4-2-12 tell their own story. But then again Man City lost to a poor side yesterday, so you can't take everything for granted.

There are a plethora of teams in the bottom six or seven that are really weak premiership sides this year. And I can see the points to eventually stay in this league as being low this year. As low as the early 30's.

Jim Bob

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 19, 2018, 11:46:07 PM
Prior to the Mourinho sacking Laoislad posted 4 times on the Man United thread in the past 2 months and Over The Bar posted 12 times on the Liverpool thread. I think somebody is obsessed and it isn't Laoislad. It is also notable that Over The Bar has put more posts on the Liverpool thread since Mourinho being sacked than on the Man United thread.

Have you nothing better to be at ?

Over the Bar

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 23, 2018, 06:18:38 AM
United showed yesterday that they are not as bad as they've looked the last couple of months. Great start for OGS, but you'd have to wonder how much real input he had in the result?

Reality Check time: Cardiff are a poor side. Results of 4-2-12 tell their own story. But then again Man City lost to a poor side yesterday, so you can't take everything for granted.

There are a plethora of teams in the bottom six or seven that are really weak premiership sides this year. And I can see the points to eventually stay in this league as being low this year. As low as the early 30's.
[/b]

Not sure the premier League existed pre WWII?

From the Bunker

Quote from: Over the Bar on December 23, 2018, 08:58:12 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on December 23, 2018, 06:18:38 AM

[/b]

Not sure the premier League existed pre WWII?

It did, it was called the First Division. Why did you ask the question?

gawa316

Quote from: Over the Bar on December 22, 2018, 08:04:41 PM
What a shame Ole wasn't appointed a week earlier and he'd have shut Anfield up again.

Snigger

Boycey

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Boycey on December 26, 2018, 11:39:49 AM
Bubble to burst today?

I'd like to say no, but seriously unpredictable..

Who is the posters choice for permanent role?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

stiffler

If ole keeps winning he will keep the gig.

Man Utd to win 4-0 today.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Boycey

Look Oles a grade A United legend and in our hearts we probably all want him to get the gig but looking at it dispassionately is there any other scenario where the manager of Molde could make the jump to Old Trafford? He does well this season maybe a good cup run, sneaks the top 4 there'll be a huge swell of opinion to appoint him but maybe that'd end like Di Matteo at Chelsea in the hard light of day it won't work?

Who should/will get the gig?

Contenders
Poch
Zidane
Blanc
Howe
Nuno Espirito Santos

I'd go for one of bottom 2 but my opinion will hardly be sought.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: stiffler on December 26, 2018, 01:28:49 PM
If ole keeps winning he will keep the gig.

Man Utd to win 4-0 today.

Utd to let a goal in, not that Huddersfield can score it's just Utd by going all out attack they'll leave themselves open
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Boycey on December 26, 2018, 01:53:13 PM
Look Oles a grade A United legend and in our hearts we probably all want him to get the gig but looking at it dispassionately is there any other scenario where the manager of Molde could make the jump to Old Trafford? He does well this season maybe a good cup run, sneaks the top 4 there'll be a huge swell of opinion to appoint him but maybe that'd end like Di Matteo at Chelsea in the hard light of day it won't work?

Who should/will get the gig?

Contenders
Poch
Zidane
Blanc
Howe
Nuno Espirito Santos

I'd go for one of bottom 2 but my opinion will hardly be sought.

Doing well at Wolves and Bournemouth but would they be able to handle the size and pressure of the United job?

Boycey

Yeah entirely possible they wouldnt be able to step up but both strike me as the type of modern tracksuit manager that'll work hand in glove with a dof.

Huddersfield still well in this, look dangerous on the break 

Boycey

Now get Angel in for 10 mins...