Your Club Name

Started by theticklemister, January 27, 2013, 10:21:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ardchieftain

Quote from: T Fearon on January 27, 2013, 11:23:28 AM
Mine's called Portadown Tir Na Nog (The land where youth are not particularly beautiful but are perpetually involved in sectarian tussles).I know of no other club with this name ;D

To this day i have never met any Portadown people who can pronounce the name of their own club properly. They can all sing Rebel songs and obviously deem that to be more important than a basic understanding of our mother tongue.

My own club is Ballyhegan Davitts, located just outside Loughgall in County Armagh and represents the Parish of Kilmore Named after Michael Davitt.

fitzroyalty

Quote from: ardchieftain on January 31, 2013, 06:23:39 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on January 27, 2013, 11:23:28 AM
Mine's called Portadown Tir Na Nog (The land where youth are not particularly beautiful but are perpetually involved in sectarian tussles).I know of no other club with this name ;D

To this day i have never met any Portadown people who can pronounce the name of their own club properly. They can all sing Rebel songs and obviously deem that to be more important than a basic understanding of our mother tongue.

My own club is Ballyhegan Davitts, located just outside Loughgall in County Armagh and represents the Parish of Kilmore Named after Michael Davitt.
'Mon Turnog!'

Lecale2