Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wbgaa1885

Quote from: Queenie on February 09, 2009, 05:02:23 PM
WBGAA1885 you sound like a guy with a rather large attitude problem! I sense that you may have missed your calling in Life, say Christian Brother maybe? I have a problem with your avatar, for sound reasons and your comments smack of a man that has a grudge against the gay community! You just seem to want to have a pop at everyone, some serious issues i guess, life just did,nt work out for you? Aggression solves nothing, you think you would have learned that at this stage.

Hi Queenie, tut, tut, tut!

Christian Brother, no way. I was taught by them though, and for some I have the highest regard and long term friendships.  Attitude problem, no way, just defending myself and also prepared to defend others when being verbally attacked.

If you have a problem with my avatar for sound reasons, that's a trifle unfortunate, because I wont be changing it, well maybe not for a while anyway.  What about freedom of expression and speech, do you have a problem with that? Are you a member of the Knights, if so , are you afraid to admit that also?  Your reference to the gay community where you infer I may have a grudge.  Well, no grudge, just away beyond my comfort zone, but whatever turns you on! Remember its 'Adam and Eve'.

I am not having a pop at anyone at all.  I was the one being 'popped' at since recently joining this forum and in my view I have made some very pertinent/valid comments on hurling on the 'Antrim Hurling Message Board'.  Whats so agressive about that I ask?

"Missed my callaing in Life" I once was considering the priesthood, but there is also better ways of making christian and charitable contributions to society and mankind.  One regret in this regard, I have maybe missed the opportunity to throw the sliotor in at an 'All Ireland Final' .  Life has worked out for me fine.   Able to keep the wolf from the door, fine upstanding and sucessful children, actively involved in the GAA and in particular 'hurling', cherish all things Irish and promote Irish culture.  Is that such a bad thing?

My friend, a little bit of advice, do you really want to go down this road? If so, what about a little 'Live and Let Live'!  Do be so judgemental about people, you will end up beating yourself up, getting adjitated and vindictive.  Lets just stick to hurling!  I can defend openly my hurling credentials.  How open are you prepared to be?
Mol an óige agus Tiochfaidh sí.

Cleachtadh a dhéannan maistreacht.

milltown row

whats your predictions for the year wbgaa1885?

will Antrim win Div 2 or will we fall short?

can we get past Dublin in the championship at Croker?

can Cushendall beat La Salle on the 22nd? and will you be going down?

can Loughgiel win the championship or will Cushendall win it again?

whats your view on the Antrim league set up for hurling, should it be two up two down?

should the CCCC be voted in each year or continue the way they are going?

wbgaa1885

Quote from: milltown row on February 09, 2009, 07:55:26 PM
whats your predictions for the year wbgaa1885?

will Antrim win Div 2 or will we fall short?

can we get past Dublin in the championship at Croker?

can Cushendall beat La Salle on the 22nd? and will you be going down?

can Loughgiel win the championship or will Cushendall win it again?

whats your view on the Antrim league set up for hurling, should it be two up two down?

should the CCCC be voted in each year or continue the way they are going?

Hi Miltown Row, please would be nice.  Not like you to be so cordial.

To answer your questions?

Antrim will come very close to winning Div 2.  Providing we get the right support, not like some of the demagouges on here.

Beat the Dubs, sure if we dont win anything, as loong as we beat the Jacks, thats ok with me.  We have beat them handy many times before.

The Dall will struggle against DLS if you ask me.  There not a great Cushendall team by past standards, certainly some fine individual hurlers but lack cohesion and guile. For sure I will be at the game. will you?  It may conflict with one of your soccer games, or could it be possible, that you may gat a call up for St. Galls, third team on the day of the semi final.

I for one would love to see Loughguille win the Championship.  If ever there was a team more deserving of one, it's them. There performance against Dunloy in the semi-final last year was masterly. A manful display by both teams but tank emptied come the final. Plus the loss of Liam Watson at full fitness was indeed a major loss.  he did not get the protection from the referee in the semi-fina.  Watson, Wat a hurler, i wish we had a few more like him.  Any like him in Naomh Gall?  Cairan McGourty is a great prospect, providing he does not listen to his da!

League structure, no opinion on this.  I bet you will be happy enough as long as Naomh Eoin and Lamh Dhearg keep getting demoted.

CCC.  Well, are you prepared to put your name forward for this committe.  A thankless job as long as clubs like your continue to play cat and mouse with the county and other rival clubs.  The Clubs will continue to adopt selfish, self interest ways of demeaning the CCC and the Leagues.  Go On, put your name forward.  Like the Shinners, you may only change it from within.  Are you prepared to do that?

milltown row

you also forgot to ask nicely

i didn't knock the CCCC but sure..

as for the Dall match i think they are better prepared this year than last time out and will beat them (I've money on it) I'll be there just like all the Dunloy games before. i never miss

as for the Dubs game, well I'd like to think we'd do them over but may come up against it

as for the Johnny's and Lamhs being demoted, sure thats not a bad thing, club rivalry and all that, its healthy for the game. providing it does not spill out on a night out in town

Winker is his own worst enemy. I've seen/played in many a game where he brings it on himself. referee gave plenty of protection that day.

Minder

Wbgaa.........Have you or do you know anyone that is more than a little interested to know the identity of certain posters on here?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

bredaghgael86

cheers milltown.  patience is a virtue i guess.

wbgaa1885

Quote from: Minder on February 09, 2009, 09:50:46 PM
Wbgaa.........Have you or do you know anyone that is more than a little interested to know the identity of certain posters on here?

To tell you the truth pal, I have absolutlely no interest in the identity of any poster on this site.  Although, I find it interesting that there are those who seem hell bent on trying to ascertain who I am. 

No interest what so ever!

davincicode

Can i just say, that the lads have absolutely no chance against us WBGAA1885. We will give you a lesson that day on physicality and route one hurling!!! The antrim lads will freeze on the big occasion, i too MR believe that the dal will win my only concern is the forwards no killer instinct the FB/HB lines are the best around in Antrim. Mc Manus needs a free role in the Midfield/forward line to do as he wants, if he drops back into a rear position they will loose it for sure. Sad to see the belfast teams falling away, its killing the game in the city, south west seems to be up and comming at a glance.

NAG

wbgaa

welcome to the board.

Have to take you to task on your point of the protection of liam watson, he is simply the most protected player in the county at present no other player gets the number of fouls he does and it is not always because he is being picked on. If anyone who was in casement to watch the replay between Loughgiel and Dunloy they would have witnessed one of the dirtiest strokes ever witnessed when he pulled head height on the corner back. Also what use would more like him be when he is of no benefit to the county apart from generating bad publicity.

Hard to know with cushendall to be honest on one hand I think they will have enough power and hurling for DLS but if DLS can stop the scoring threat of Shane McN then they will go along way to stopping c'dall, can anyone see them getting the 2-15ish that they would need without a big contribution from him. On the other hand they do have one of the meanest defences around so hard one to call, like all these games they are very much on the day.

girt_giggler

i see the dall were generally 5/1 to win that match, now trimmed to 7/2!

Minder

Quote from: girt_giggler on February 10, 2009, 10:20:20 AM
i see the dall were generally 5/1 to win that match, now trimmed to 7/2!

Why would they have come in to 7/2 unless Mullane & Phelan were not playing for example.........

girt_giggler

Significant money being put on Cushendall would be enough to lower the price

Minder

Is the 7/2 standard in the different bookies or one in particular?

NAG

Think with it being a difficult one to call the prices will tighten as the match approaches and only significant injuries will now adjust the prices either way.

Tight one to call, not much noise coming from the glens about it.

Minder

Quote from: NAG on February 10, 2009, 12:23:15 PM
Think with it being a difficult one to call the prices will tighten as the match approaches and only significant injuries will now adjust the prices either way.

Tight one to call, not much noise coming from the glens about it.

Do you think it was peculiar NAG that the Cushendall players made themselves available for selection for the Antrim match at the weekend?