All Ireland senior football final 2012 Donegal v Mayo

Started by rrhf, August 26, 2012, 08:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

You're mad. These boys from Bundoran swim in their own vomit at training. They have bigger organs.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

seanog

Quote from: Syferus on August 27, 2012, 12:03:02 AM
Quote from: ONeill on August 26, 2012, 11:51:02 PM
How do you beat Donegal?

They will maul Mayo.

Dublin can possibly match them in terms of the work done over the last 18 months but have they the drive to burst a lung this year?

Incredible levels of disrespect in this thread.

James Horan has done as impressive a job with Mayo as Jim McGuiness has with Donegal. They are one of the fittest teams in the country and if anything are even more hungry than Donegal are, they are one of the few teams in the country that could out-last Donegal.

If you told Mayo they could win the All-Ireland by beating Dublin and Donegal they'd have bit your hand off. If Mayo prove good enough to beat Dublin they most certainly can give Donegal an almighty rattle. The gap between the top four or five is minuscule at best.

Excellent post, never thought i'd hear a Rossie talk with such respect for Mayo in what seems  a genuine manner.

Mayo never seem to get credit anywhere probably because of 96/97/04/06 finals, it seems to justify playing down any progress Mayo make. The disrespect in the media and  especially with the so called experts on the tv, Brolly/Hayes etc, When Mayo are mentioned they all raise a sly smile, it's patronising and very disrespectful, maybe one day we can knock that smirk off them and land that big cup back to our mighty footballing county.

Whatever happens this year, i hope Horan sticks it out for another few years.

ONeill

moysider

Quote from: ONeill on August 27, 2012, 12:07:18 AM
Mayo might beat Dublin. They won't beat Donegal. They're not physical enough.

Whereas if Dublin make the final, their experience, venue and work over this last two years makes it a close one to call.

ONeill

Champ15

Bit early for an all Ireland final thread and to say who will win it outright there's a whole semi final to play! Granted Donegal played great stuff and looked a well oiled machine today but who's to say mayo or the dubs won't show us something similar or even better than what was on show today! There's been a lot of talk everywhere today sayin its Donegal to lose buts its the same story being said every year about the winners of 1st semi! A whole semi and 4 weeks til all Ireland day where injuries and a dip in form could dictate where sam lies for the year! I hope its mayo lord knows we've had our fair share of bad days but if not id love to see Donegal win I have lots a friends up there and 1 of my best friends here in ballina is Michael Murphy's 1st cousin.just hope its not at the expense of us if we make it there
Ballina Stephenites
All Ireland Champions 2005

rrhf

Nallan is one game away from being the next jimmy mc Guinness.

the Deel Rover

Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: the Deel Rover on August 27, 2012, 07:56:52 AM
Quote from: rrhf on August 27, 2012, 03:31:55 AM

???

Thats exactly what I thought but I thought it was only me so kept schtum
Hasta la victoria siempre

Hound

Quote from: moysider on August 27, 2012, 12:06:51 AM
Realistically though they would want Dublin in the final. It might keep them grounded as they would be fully expected to beat Mayo which brings its own problems.
Agree with this.

Donegal after beating Kerry and Cork (and both comprehesively) to have "only" Mayo left in the final, will present a completely different challenge. Donegal would be raging hot favourites and some of them will not be able to help thinking its in the bag.

Whereas if Donegal play Dublin, whatever way the bookies have it, Donegal will still feel like the underdogs against the All Ireland champions in Croke Park, and there'll be no doubt in any of their minds that they'll have to produce another massive performance if they are to win.

seafoid

Quote from: seanog on August 27, 2012, 12:39:54 AM
Quote from: Syferus on August 27, 2012, 12:03:02 AM
Quote from: ONeill on August 26, 2012, 11:51:02 PM
How do you beat Donegal?

They will maul Mayo.

Dublin can possibly match them in terms of the work done over the last 18 months but have they the drive to burst a lung this year?

Incredible levels of disrespect in this thread.

James Horan has done as impressive a job with Mayo as Jim McGuiness has with Donegal. They are one of the fittest teams in the country and if anything are even more hungry than Donegal are, they are one of the few teams in the country that could out-last Donegal.

If you told Mayo they could win the All-Ireland by beating Dublin and Donegal they'd have bit your hand off. If Mayo prove good enough to beat Dublin they most certainly can give Donegal an almighty rattle. The gap between the top four or five is minuscule at best.

Excellent post, never thought i'd hear a Rossie talk with such respect for Mayo in what seems  a genuine manner.

Mayo never seem to get credit anywhere probably because of 96/97/04/06 finals, it seems to justify playing down any progress Mayo make. The disrespect in the media and  especially with the so called experts on the tv, Brolly/Hayes etc, When Mayo are mentioned they all raise a sly smile, it's patronising and very disrespectful, maybe one day we can knock that smirk off them and land that big cup back to our mighty footballing county.

Whatever happens this year, i hope Horan sticks it out for another few years.

I was talking to a Cork fan after the hurling semifinal and he said Mayo would never win the all Ireland. Cork were much better. I thought it was horseshit.
Kerry and Tyrone are in decline and there is no team that dominates the fuball world so there will be different teams winning over the next while.
Mayo are going to win an all Ireland in the next few years. But it would be great if they could do it this year.

Rossfan

Quote from: ONeill on August 27, 2012, 12:42:52 AM
Everyone wants to see Sam in Mayo.
I certainly don't  >:(  ....

unless of course our Captain takes it across the frontier to taunt them with it :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Lar Naparka

Quote from: rrhf on August 27, 2012, 03:31:55 AM

Feck off!
Horan is only two games away from being canonised. ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

squire_in_navy_slacks

Lord McStay has said on rte radio that its Donegals to loose.......................... hes full of shite that man  ::).............not long ago seanie johnson was kicking winning points into the hill to beat dublin in the final