Started by Fuzzman, February 27, 2015, 03:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Jinxy on March 09, 2015, 11:01:01 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on March 09, 2015, 08:15:57 AM
Quote from: tyroneman on March 08, 2015, 07:12:46 PM
Quote from: stibhan on March 08, 2015, 06:13:16 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on March 08, 2015, 11:21:59 AM
Why do you think he did bad defencively?
Do you think he should have saved that goal?

Gave away a bad free in front of the posts which could have been a black card by handling ball on ground (I'm not sure what the ruling would be on this, anyone?). Seems strange to me that it's not a penalty, but whatever. I think he could have been more centrally positioned before the goal also. His frees, which are meant to be his real positive, were absolutely woeful bar one nice strike and him coming up for the last kick of the game was madness considering his form in the game.

Technical foul in big square  = free
Technical foul in small square = pen

I actually thought it shouldnt have been a foul at all as he struck the ball on the ground which I believe you are allowed to do (or at least used to be).
Im not sure where youar e getting the black card out of?  ???

He was outside the small square.
This is what i meant:

"Any player who falls or is knocked to the
ground while in possession of the ball may
fist or palm the ball away on the ground,
and may score by so doing."

however Morgon wouldnt have been in possesion of the ball so i suppose its not relevant.
Even so, you would almost never see this being allowed
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Keyser soze

It was fisted fairly powerfully from 6 yards out right into the bottom corner, cant see any keeper in Ireland being expected to save that tbh.

Seamus

It lobbed into the corner, softest goal I've seen in a long time. Morgan badly at fault, his confidence must have been at odds due to the missed frees. The burden of free taking should be taken away.
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

twohands!!!

Quote from: Keyser soze on March 09, 2015, 02:21:10 PM
It was fisted fairly powerfully from 6 yards out right into the bottom corner, cant see any keeper in Ireland being expected to save that tbh.

His positioning didn't look the greatest (looked too close to the near post) but his defence definitely didnt do much to help him; Morgan as keeper would have be primarily concerned about the player in possession and the threat of him shooting [no comments about Eoghan O'Gara's finishing please  ;) ] - the fact that Cavanagh was the player closest to Rock surely raises questions about Tyrone's overall defending as a unit on the goal, especially given how deep Tyrone had been defending all night. Basically leaving a man unmarked at the far post has to go down as very slack defending from Morgan's defenders, especially when Dublin were desperately in need of a goal. Maybe Tyrone were a bit confused with their marking as Dublin had replaced Brady for Costello a few minutes earlier and this possibly might have lead to a mixup in marking.

Would be very interesting to look at the goal in detail and see who was meant to be marking Rock, where everyone in the Tyrone defence was for the goal.

Fuzzman

Are yis for real lads
We were right behind the goal and it went right into the corner
I can be critical of Morgan at times for his attitude and how he wants to hit all these frees but I think he's a very good keeper and to say he should have saved that is just ridiculous.

The defender should have made bloody sure Rock should have got so much time to get a clean hand onto it to pick his spot
Its not like he was just punching it anywhere towards the goal with loads of pressure.

The big question now is will he continue taking them. As someone said to me on Sat could we not mix it the odd time and take a quick free short and then kick it over. We've enough good kickers like Mattie, Sean and usually McCurry

Meant to ask what do ye make of this young Bradley?
Who is he? Where from? Is he any good or will he be? Best position? half back I suppose with everyone else Haha

Fuzzman

Interesting to read the differences in attitude with some of the Dubs posters on here.
Some of ye are like the fans on Sat night just totally frustrated with playing against these very defensive systems and get annoyed by it whereas others like Squire & a few others have got over the whining about it stage and just accept its here to stay so how do we overcome it
Tyrone have been frustrated in Ulster for the last 4 or years with Donegal tormenting them with it and now Monaghan are doing the same to us. So sadly we had to bite the bullet and play the same way.
Being honest I miss the nice attack open football which is much nicer to watch but and the same time Tyrone created some very good chances on Sat night and missed a fortune so maybe we're not as bad as we're being made out.

As I said before Dublin need to get their game sorted out cos if they play the gung-ho way for the 1st half of teh summer its very hard then to suddenly turn it on for the tougher games.

skeog

fuzzman club football must not be your scene if you dont know mark bradley

LeoMc

Quote from: skeog on March 09, 2015, 03:30:33 PM
fuzzman club football must be your scene if you dont know mark bradley
Nor buy a programme when he goes to the games.

blewuporstuffed

He has been one of the best forwards in Tyrone club football for a couple of seasons now, but may be too wee to play at intercouny level.
Talented lad though, great finisher and we arent exactly coming down with scoring forwards at the minute.
He is from Killyclogher
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Mikhailov

Quote from: LeoMc on March 09, 2015, 03:38:58 PM

In fairness to Fuzz I think he resides in Dublin and has done for quite a few years so he can be excused for not knowing too much about Bradley. However, anyone following club football in Tyrone and specifically Div 1 would know all about him - very good player but small which may come against him as we have quite a few nippy, small accurate inside men but we cant play a team full of them...

On the Morgan issue - no one can deny he is a top keeper but he is not a top free kicker. If he was a forward he would be removed from frees after 2 or max 3 misses so why do we persist in him taking frees especially as they are always 40+ yards out and you must be playing with confidence to strike them over on a consistent basis. I would even go so far as to say it is possibly affecting his overall game. I don't think he should be put under that added pressure of taking frees unless they are 55+ out. Let the others take responsibility and if they don't have the capacity to make the distance then play it short and work a score from there. Let Morgan stick to the position he is best at and don't apply any more pressure on him.

Mikhailov

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on March 09, 2015, 03:51:42 PM
He has been one of the best forwards in Tyrone club football for a couple of seasons now, but may be too wee to play at intercouny level.
Talented lad though, great finisher and we arent exactly coming down with scoring forwards at the minute.
He is from Killyclogher

BUOS, you are possibly correct that we don't have scoring forwards but any that we do have are either sitting on the bench, playing deep or have quit the panel. Ability to run at speed up and down is now the No.1 requirement is seems not the ability to shoot and score...

NaomhBridAbĂș

Quote from: Mikhailov on March 09, 2015, 03:57:13 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on March 09, 2015, 03:38:58 PM

In fairness to Fuzz I think he resides in Dublin and has done for quite a few years so he can be excused for not knowing too much about Bradley. However, anyone following club football in Tyrone and specifically Div 1 would know all about him - very good player but small which may come against him as we have quite a few nippy, small accurate inside men but we cant play a team full of them...

On the Morgan issue - no one can deny he is a top keeper but he is not a top free kicker. If he was a forward he would be removed from frees after 2 or max 3 misses so why do we persist in him taking frees especially as they are always 40+ yards out and you must be playing with confidence to strike them over on a consistent basis. I would even go so far as to say it is possibly affecting his overall game. I don't think he should be put under that added pressure of taking frees unless they are 55+ out. Let the others take responsibility and if they don't have the capacity to make the distance then play it short and work a score from there. Let Morgan stick to the position he is best at and don't apply any more pressure on him.

Fair point about Morgan - seems that Harte has had a lot of faith in him as free taker...pressure would be serious and is bound to be effecting his game...hope he breaks thru it...seems like a good lad too
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye