Dublin v Tyrone 7th March 2015 7pm - 20 years ago since 1995 AI final Rivalry

Started by Fuzzman, February 27, 2015, 03:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squire_in_navy_slacks

Id rather play like donegal, tyrone and kerry last year than the way we play currently, swosh buckling bullshit

laceer

Quote from: INDIANA on March 08, 2015, 02:37:39 PM
Quote from: laceer on March 08, 2015, 02:05:22 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on March 08, 2015, 01:32:56 PM
Quote from: stibhan on March 08, 2015, 11:09:49 AM
Quote from: Canalman on March 07, 2015, 11:19:39 PM
A truly shocking game as a spectacle tonight.

Neither county will be within an ass's roar of Sam in September.

3 times in the 1st half there was not a single Tyrone player outside their own 45 line. Absolutely bizarre stuff .   Several other times Cluxton,  O'Carroll and the Tyrone full forward on their own in the Dublin half. Chatting away and swapping water bottle at times. 

Would fear for the game in the future after tonight.

Tyrone deserved to win and imho around 4 Dublin players played themselves out of consideration of the championship team they were so bad.

I've seen far worse games as a spectacle if I'm honest. The shooting was so bad that the low score doesn't reflect how much the momentum swung in the course of the game.

You can complain about the system Tyrone played all you want but it largely worked. Only for an awful display by Morgan at both ends it would have been a walkover.

You're not going to win an AI playing that shite. Donegal had better players. Hard to believe Tyrone football has been reduced to that rubbish last night.

Neither will Dublin.

Donegal evolved over 2/3 years - maybe Tyrone are at the start of that cycle. If defending in numbers and breaking at speed works for you, why would you not play to that strength? So people can say that you play lovely football? Wise up.

Have you checked the roll of honour lately?

I have. I enjoy looking back from time to time.

My comment was based on this weekend's match and the current Tyrone and Dublin teams. If Dublin can find a way of getting past a packed defence and get the ball into the hands of their forwards then they surely do have a shot at an All Ireland. Defenders taking wild shots from the 45 like last night is "shite", as you say, and "not going to win an AI".

I enjoy watching the Dubs; they have some wonderful attacking talent. I enjoy watching Tyrone get the better of them more so.

tyroneman

Can't understand why Morgan is persisted with for these frees. Last night he was 1/5 or 1/6. The previous 3 games he was rotten. The one big moment he had last year against Monaghan he fluffed.

A chance to deservedly come away with 2 points last night in as good a position as you would like....fluffed again.

INDIANA

Quote from: laceer on March 08, 2015, 03:25:10 PM

3 times in the 1st half there was not a single Tyrone player outside their own 45 line. Absolutely bizarre stuff .   Several other times Cluxton,  O'Carroll and the Tyrone full forward on their own in the Dublin half. Chatting away and swapping water bottle at times. 

Tyrone deserved to win and imho around 4 Dublin players played themselves out of consideration of the championship team they were so bad.

I've seen far worse games as a spectacle if I'm honest. The shooting was so bad that the low score doesn't reflect how much the momentum swung in the course of the game.

You can complain about the system Tyrone played all you want but it largely worked. Only for an awful display by Morgan at both ends it would have been a walkover.

You're not going to win an AI playing that shite. Donegal had better players. Hard to believe Tyrone football has been reduced to that rubbish last night.

Neither will Dublin.

Donegal evolved over 2/3 years - maybe Tyrone are at the start of that cycle. If defending in numbers and breaking at speed works for you, why would you not play to that strength? So people can say that you play lovely football? Wise up.

My comment was based on this weekend's match and the current Tyrone and Dublin teams. If Dublin can find a way of getting past a packed defence and get the ball into the hands of their forwards then they surely do have a shot at an All Ireland. Defenders taking wild shots from the 45 like last night is "shite", as you say, and "not going to win an AI".

I enjoy watching the Dubs; they have some wonderful attacking talent. I enjoy watching Tyrone get the better of them more so.

When we get our power athletes in Flynn/Connolly/MDMA and James Mac back in full flow you'll lose by 6-9 points against us.

I can't believe Tyrone with the structures they have , the underage success they have have been reduced to that rubbish.

Something seriously wrong up there. Donegal had an excuse at least. Nothing at underage or club level to suggest they were capable of playing a better system. But Tyrone are the Aristocrats of Ulster Football and once they embrace the Jim G template there is no future for Gaelic Football in the province.

Brolly is for once correct. I'd retire from coaching rather than train a team to play with 14 players behind the bal

yellowcard

Pure muck from Tyrone last night. It looks like they tried to play a more attacking expansive game last season with poor results, they simply hadn't got the players to play such a game and lost faith completely in that system. Now it's back to horrible ultra defensive stuff and to a certain extent they can feel justified after picking up a good result against the Dubs.

laceer

Quote from: INDIANA on March 08, 2015, 04:31:24 PM

Neither will Dublin.

When we get our power athletes in Flynn/Connolly/MDMA and James Mac back in full flow you'll lose by 6-9 points against us.

I can't believe Tyrone with the structures they have , the underage success they have have been reduced to that rubbish.

Something seriously wrong up there. Donegal had an excuse at least. Nothing at underage or club level to suggest they were capable of playing a better system. But Tyrone are the Aristocrats of Ulster Football and once they embrace the Jim G template there is no future for Gaelic Football in the province.

Brolly is for once correct. I'd retire from coaching rather than train a team to play with 14 players behind the bal

Where those guys not playing against Donegal last year? They made an awful shape of playing against a defensive system then. You'll need some sort of game plan to compliment those power athletes.

Aristocrats? If you check that roll of honour we won our first All Ireland only 12 years ago, and a further 2 since with mostly the same group of players. Cavan or Down would surely lay more claim to that title.

Comparing minor football to senior championship has to be a wind up?

Brolly loves a sound bite and you're firing out a few here yourself

redzone

Wildweasel74

INDIANA  how many times do you have to be told, football only started in 2003!! lol

INDIANA

Quote from: laceer on March 08, 2015, 05:11:06 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on March 08, 2015, 04:31:24 PM

Neither will Dublin.

Where those guys not playing against Donegal last year? They made an awful shape of playing against a defensive system then. You'll need some sort of game plan to compliment those power athletes.

Aristocrats? If you check that roll of honour we won our first All Ireland only 12 years ago, and a further 2 since with mostly the same group of players. Cavan or Down would surely lay more claim to that title.

Comparing minor football to senior championship has to be a wind up?

Brolly loves a sound bite and you're firing out a few here yourself

Cavan haven't been a factor at Gaelic Football on any sustained basis since the Polo Grounds. Down since the mid 90's.

We were two goal chances away from absolutely demolishing Donegal. But we were beaten fair and square .

I've no issue with a blanket defence. We used one in 2011 ourselves. But 14-15 men behind the ball is taking the piss

Wildweasel74

Heard Monaghan v Donegal had the same defensive crap today, horrible by all accounts, showed on the score board too.

stibhan

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 08, 2015, 11:21:59 AM
Why do you think he did bad defencively?
Do you think he should have saved that goal?

Gave away a bad free in front of the posts which could have been a black card by handling ball on ground (I'm not sure what the ruling would be on this, anyone?). Seems strange to me that it's not a penalty, but whatever. I think he could have been more centrally positioned before the goal also. His frees, which are meant to be his real positive, were absolutely woeful bar one nice strike and him coming up for the last kick of the game was madness considering his form in the game.

tyroneman

Quote from: stibhan on March 08, 2015, 06:13:16 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on March 08, 2015, 11:21:59 AM
Why do you think he did bad defencively?
Do you think he should have saved that goal?

Gave away a bad free in front of the posts which could have been a black card by handling ball on ground (I'm not sure what the ruling would be on this, anyone?). Seems strange to me that it's not a penalty, but whatever. I think he could have been more centrally positioned before the goal also. His frees, which are meant to be his real positive, were absolutely woeful bar one nice strike and him coming up for the last kick of the game was madness considering his form in the game.

Technical foul in big square  = free
Technical foul in small square = pen

Jinxy

Only going by the highlights but the no. 9 McNulty looks like a real find for Tyrone.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Main Street

omagh_gael

Quote from: Main Street on March 08, 2015, 08:16:28 PM
According to the rte highlights, Dublin had 80% of the game

That's bullshit, we had double digit wides and dropped at least 6/7 into Cluxton. No chance was it an 80/20 split. We threw that game away big-time.