Dublin v Tyrone 7th March 2015 7pm - 20 years ago since 1995 AI final Rivalry

Started by Fuzzman, February 27, 2015, 03:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron Boone

Yes Tyrone's disciplined defending the main focus last night. Fair dues to the ref for not interfering as usual suspects like Marty Duffy or Coldrick would hv seen infringements no one else in the stadium sees.

Agree on Morgan & the frees, the X Factor & expectation of a score is gone. It did waste the injury time last night though and stopped the momentum of the Dubs stealing the win.

Fuzzman

I'm delighted Sean has finally stopped trying to be the hero and is playing much more for the team now. His tracking back and tackling is amazing and now he passes much faster and not just cos he's forced into a pass.

It's a bit like Ireland in the rugby to me. We could play differently but we play a disciplined type of game which won't win us many admirers but had we have taken half of our chances last night we would have beaten one of the AI favourites in their own backyard.
Free takers need a few easy ones to boost their confidence sometimes but Morgan never gets this option. He is only asked to hit the far out ones

Captain Obvious

Dublin only pacing themselves in this years league they won't be too concerned with a 5th place finish and missing out on a semi final spot. Tyrone will be happy enough with sixth place avoiding relegation.

stibhan

Quote from: Canalman on March 07, 2015, 11:19:39 PM
A truly shocking game as a spectacle tonight.

Neither county will be within an ass's roar of Sam in September.

3 times in the 1st half there was not a single Tyrone player outside their own 45 line. Absolutely bizarre stuff .   Several other times Cluxton,  O'Carroll and the Tyrone full forward on their own in the Dublin half. Chatting away and swapping water bottle at times. 

Would fear for the game in the future after tonight.

Tyrone deserved to win and imho around 4 Dublin players played themselves out of consideration of the championship team they were so bad.

I've seen far worse games as a spectacle if I'm honest. The shooting was so bad that the low score doesn't reflect how much the momentum swung in the course of the game.

You can complain about the system Tyrone played all you want but it largely worked. Only for an awful display by Morgan at both ends it would have been a walkover.

Fuzzman

Why do you think he did bad defencively?
Do you think he should have saved that goal?

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Captain Obvious on March 08, 2015, 10:12:27 AM
Dublin only pacing themselves in this years league they won't be too concerned with a 5th place finish and missing out on a semi final spot. Tyrone will be happy enough with sixth place avoiding relegation.

I dont believe that for a second , I think Jim inherited some promising talent and a excellent system from Pat Gilroy and Mickey Whelan, and now he is making a balls of things by believing he can play wonderful attacking football........................... I think he is being found out nowpersonally, that nicey nicey stuff to the cameras doesnt wash with me

My only consolation from last night is that the Mayo buckos approched the tyrone game in a similar vein to us

Norf Tyrone

Lads is the full game repeated anywhere any time soon, or is there a dlaod available.

Missed it last night.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

twohands!!!

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on March 08, 2015, 01:25:47 PM
Lads is the full game repeated anywhere any time soon, or is there a dlaod available.

Missed it last night.

Setanta who broadcast it often repeat full games at odd hours during the week. Check the Setanta listings for the week.

INDIANA

Quote from: stibhan on March 08, 2015, 11:09:49 AM

3 times in the 1st half there was not a single Tyrone player outside their own 45 line. Absolutely bizarre stuff .   Several other times Cluxton,  O'Carroll and the Tyrone full forward on their own in the Dublin half. Chatting away and swapping water bottle at times. 

Tyrone deserved to win and imho around 4 Dublin players played themselves out of consideration of the championship team they were so bad.

I've seen far worse games as a spectacle if I'm honest. The shooting was so bad that the low score doesn't reflect how much the momentum swung in the course of the game.

You can complain about the system Tyrone played all you want but it largely worked. Only for an awful display by Morgan at both ends it would have been a walkover.

You're not going to win an AI playing that shite. Donegal had better players. Hard to believe Tyrone football has been reduced to that rubbish last night.

WT4E

I missed the match last night is there anywhere I can see the full game today does anyone know?

laceer

Quote from: INDIANA on March 08, 2015, 01:32:56 PM

You're not going to win an AI playing that shite. Donegal had better players. Hard to believe Tyrone football has been reduced to that rubbish last night.

Neither will Dublin.

Donegal evolved over 2/3 years - maybe Tyrone are at the start of that cycle. If defending in numbers and breaking at speed works for you, why would you not play to that strength? So people can say that you play lovely football? Wise up.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: WT4E on March 08, 2015, 01:42:28 PM
I missed the match last night is there anywhere I can see the full game today does anyone know?

It's repeated on Setanta Ire at 4.10pm today.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

rrhf

dubs are chokers also

INDIANA

Quote from: laceer on March 08, 2015, 02:05:22 PM

Neither will Dublin.

Donegal evolved over 2/3 years - maybe Tyrone are at the start of that cycle. If defending in numbers and breaking at speed works for you, why would you not play to that strength? So people can say that you play lovely football? Wise up.

Have you checked the roll of honour lately?

INDIANA

Quote from: rrhf on March 08, 2015, 02:36:02 PM

dubs are chokers also

2 all irelands in the last 4 years suggests otherwise. You've only ever won 3.

Puts it in context.