Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saffrongael

Quote from: Jonkunlon on August 19, 2023, 08:16:02 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 19, 2023, 08:06:18 PM
Ahoghill one behind the johnnies a good bit into the second half. That'd be a big shock if ahoghill were to win. (They were nine or so behind so are on the comeback).

St John's are a shadow of the team they were. Senior Championship is all very predictable. Roll on the semi-finals. Be interesting to see if Ballycastle can trouble Loughgiel tomorrow. They've a lot of injuries though.

Intermediate tight and tense as always. Hard to predict the top two in each group after two rounds. I'd probably go Sarsfields/Glenariffe  and Cushendun/Randalstown.

Junior is looking like Armoy/Lamh Dearg and Cloughmills/Ballymena. Gorts can't be written off yet either in their group.

I'm not sure it will be Glenariffe & Sarsfields, Sarsfields have beaten Creggan & will beat St Paul's & Glenravel leaving final game v Glenariffe.

Creggan final two games are St Paul's & Glenravel so they should get to 6 points. Glenariffe will need to beat Sarsfields to get to 6 points.

Carey have been a big disappointment in the other group
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Jonkunlon

Glenariffe will have 2 more points on the board when Creggan go to Shaw's Road next. If Creggan win there they will likely then qualify. It's been a tumultuous season for their hurlers.

Jonkunlon

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 19, 2023, 09:04:14 PM
Dunloy are some outfit. Some of the passages of play they put together are a sight to behold. That said, I thought Rossa missed quite a few scoreable chances that would have kept them in touch a bit better. They'll be disappointed with that.
Nobody touches Dunloy for me though I'm more inclined to think Loughgiel are the second team.

Loughgiel are a step behind Cushendall at Championship level yet, although they won't believe that. Loughgiel, in fairness, are building and at that aren't far off that 2nd spot. Don't think Dunloy will be caught this year.

imtommygunn

I thought loughgiel left it behind them against cushendall last year but if cushendall had another forward or two I would say maybe number two. Tbh not much in it between loughgiel and cushendall. Rossa tbd later on in championship I think. Maybe thereabout too.

podge

Cushendall are well ahead of loughgiel IMO and will push Dunloy all the way.  Only 2 contenders.   Intermediate is wide open as always.

I have never understood the rationale in 6 teams making it through the group stages in senior (rendering the group stage almost meaningless) whilst only 4 go through in the intermediate which is way more competitive. 

Jonkunlon

Quote from: podge on August 19, 2023, 09:34:37 PM
Cushendall are well ahead of loughgiel IMO and will push Dunloy all the way.  Only 2 contenders.   Intermediate is wide open as always.

I have never understood the rationale in 6 teams making it through the group stages in senior (rendering the group stage almost meaningless) whilst only 4 go through in the intermediate which is way more competitive.

Money talks. That's all it is. The senior games have been terrible. Next meaningful game will likely end up St Endas v Ballycastle. St John's v Rossa the only other up to this stage.

SaffronSports

Cushendall still number 2 for me. I really like young Joe McLaughlin as a player too. Fine addition to the team.

Loughgiel have a lot of quality hurlers coming through though so I think they might be the team to eventually end Dunloy's run but I think they probably have another couple to go yet.

seafoid

What's the best hotel in the Glens for hurling visitors?

Milltown Row2

Marine court in Ballycastle I think was done up recently. The Salthouse meant to be very good in same area...

Mcnaughtons guest rooms in Cushendall would be fill your needs
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 20, 2023, 05:24:03 PM
Marine court in Ballycastle I think was done up recently. The Salthouse meant to be very good in same area...

GRMA
Neil McManus was on Radio 1 Sunday sport today talking about expanding hurling. With Martin Forgarty.

Hoof Hearted

Stayed in the guestrooms last year, great spot just above Sambos pub can't go wrong
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Saffrongael

A one point win for Loughgiel v Ballycastle doesent bode too well for them
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

marty34

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on August 20, 2023, 07:35:02 PM

Stayed in the guestrooms last year, great spot just above Sambos pub can't go wrong

Is there a restaurant to the pub?

paddyjohn

Quote from: marty34 on August 20, 2023, 07:37:54 PM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on August 20, 2023, 07:35:02 PM

Is there a restaurant to the pub?

No but Harrys is around the corner and it's very good

Antrim Coaster

Quote from: Jonkunlon on August 19, 2023, 09:49:01 PM
Quote from: podge on August 19, 2023, 09:34:37 PM

Money talks. That's all it is. The senior games have been terrible. Next meaningful game will likely end up St Endas v Ballycastle. St John's v Rossa the only other up to this stage.

Do the group winners get home advantage in the semi finals ? Cushendall and Loughgiel in Loughgiel in 2 weeks time to decide the winners of Group 2.

St Endas v The Town to decide the other quarter final place.

Dunloy through in the other group.

Meanwhile in Derry in Group B of the hurling championship, 4 teams, Lavey, Lynches, Banagher and Coleraine, are all on 2 points each going into the last round of fixtures.