NFL Fantasy Football - GAABoard Superbowl 2023

Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

Mayo4Sam

I'm not sure about that AZ, L'esprit has a better points difference than me but is behind me in the table?
I THINK a win next week sees me through and back-to-back promotion but a loss could see me demoted!
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

AZOffaly

RealSpiritof98

A wee bit of advice please, so im no2 seed in my other league with NFL.com and have a bye this week playing the winners of the 6 and 3 seeds. Whats the best plan of attack re adding players. Or do i wait and see how next week pans out.

AZOffaly

Well, that's all she wrote for another regular season. A great season in fairness, loads of tight games and tight standings, but as the dust settles we have our playoff matchups.

Starting the in the Jerry Rice 'C' Championship and our number 1 seed, on a record of 11-3, is Antrim89. They comfortably won the Andy Reid division on that mark and pipped the #2 Oakleaf Dolphins on points scored. The Dolphins won the Bill Belichik division, which was very hotly contested, by 1 game from both the Sean's Team and FermanaghandSam who ended on a 10-4 mark. Sean's team takes #3 from FermanaghandSam due to a better points scored tally.

The semi final matchups are
#1 Antrim89 vs #4 FermanaghandSam
#2 Oakleaf Dolphins vs #3 Sean's Team

Onto the Walter Payton 'B' Championship where the Galway Bay Tribesmen won the John Madden Division, and the #1 overall seed with an impressive 12-2 record. The #2 seed was a huge contest and finally was won by the 8-6 Red Hand Helmets, by virtue of them winning the George Allen Division. They clinched the Division on a superior Division Record to the other 8-6 teams, at 5-3 versus 4-4. The number 3 seed comes from the Madden Division, the 10-4 Crossmaglen Hitmen, while the #4 division came down to points scored between L'Esprit de Biff and M4S Someday with the Mayo lads coming out on top by 56 points after 14 weeks of competition. The fact they scored 176 points in a final day win sealed it for them.

And so, the semi finals are
#1 Galway Bay Tribesmen v #4 M4S Someday
#2 Red Hand Helmets v #3 Crossmaglen Hitmen

Finally, the blue riband itself, the Joe Montana GAABoard Superbowl. This was another very even championship with 6 of the 10 teams ending at .500 or better, and the lowest win total being a very respectable 5. The class of the regular season seems to have come from the Vince Lombardi Division, which supplies us with no fewer than 3 semi finalists. The #1 seed overall is the 10-4 Ruthless Rossies, who are on an incredible 9 game winning streak. They haven't lost since the Smackdown Clowns beat them way back in Week 5. Very worthy division winners and a number one seed when you start 1-4 and end up 10-4. Great stuff by the Rossies. However, the other playoff contenders will not be afraid of meeting the Rossies, and it will not be a cakewalk to the coveted GAA Board Superbowl Championship.  First in their way will be the 8-6 Savage Bears, who clinched the #4 seed with a 3rd place finish in the Lomardi Division, having pipped the Coolera Bears in one of the best games I've seen in Fantasy. 185.63 versus 185.32. Outstanding stuff lads. That score would have been enough to cause the upset in week 14, so we'll have to see what happens in the semi final.

The other semi will feature the #2 seed, and George Halas Division's sole rep, the 7-7 Smackdown Clowns. They secured the division title on a 6-2 divisional record, bettering the New York Jets VIII 5-3 mark, but also had a higher points total. They are, as mentioned, the last team to take down the Rossies, and their 172 points in week 14 would make them a formidable foe. Facing them, however, is our reigning champion, the #3 Coolera Bears on a 9-5 mark. The Bears ended up on just the short side of the joust with the Savage Bears, but they'll be confident that their form is good going into the playoffs.

The semi final list, for the record, is
#1 Ruthless Rossies versus #4 Savage Bears
#2 Smackdown Clowns versus #3 Coolera Bears

Congratulations to all those making the playoffs, and best of luck to ye. To everyone who didn't quite make it this year, thanks a million for playing and I think this has been the best contested season we've had, so fair play to all of you in all 3 championships.

Bring on the Semi Finals!

AZOffaly

GAA Board Superbowl All Stars

Now that we've reached the end of the regular season, and only our playoff teams are advancing, it's a good time to roll out the annual All Star team, i.e the best performers in our league as per our roster positions and scoring. If you have a few of these lads, you are probably in the playoffs.

Quarterback - Andrew Luck (Indianapolis Colts) 4,305 passing yards; 36 touchdown passes; 13 interceptions; 271.60 Points

Wide Receiver 1 - Antonio Brown (Pittsburgh Steelers) 149 targets; 105 receptions; 1375 receiving yards; 11 TDs; 260.60 Points

Wide Receiver 2 - Demaryius Thomas (Denver Broncos) 142 targets; 90 receptions; 1266 receiving yards; 10 TDs; 239.30 Points

Running Back 1 - Le'Veon Bell (Pittsburgh Steelers) 1231 rushing yards; 5 rushing TDs; 71 receptions; 693 receiving yards; 3 receiving TDs; 239.20 Points

Running Back 2 - Matt Forte (Chicago Bears) 854 rushing yards; 6 rushing TDs; 86 receptions; 724 receiving yards; 3 receiving TDs; 229.90 Points

Tight End - Rob Gronkowski (New England Patriots) 113 targets; 73 receptions; 997 yards; 10 TDs; 188.85 Points

Flex Player (WR/RB/TE) - Jordy Nelson (WR Green Bay Packers) 122 targets; 78 receptions; 1265 receiving yards; 12 TDs; 234.25 Points

Kicker - Stephen Gostkowski (New England Patriots) Made 29/31 Field Goals; 12 of 13 beyond 39 yards; 44 of 44 PATS; 140 Points

Team Defense/Special Teams - Philadelphia Eagles 291 points allowed; 44 sacks; 10 interceptions; 14 fumble recoveries ; 6 turnover TDs; 4 return TDs; 246 Points

Defensive Back 1 - Jason McGourty (Corner - Tennessee Titans) 68 tackles; 3 interceptions; 2 forced fumbles; 1 fumble recovery; 1 TD; 108 Points

Defensive Back 2 - Tie between
Harrison Smith (Safety Minnesota Vikings) 61 tackles; 3 sacks; 4 interceptions; 1 forced fumble; 1 TD; 107 Points
And
Rashad Johnson (Safety Arizona Cardinals) 63 tackles; 1 sack; 4 interceptions; 1 fumble recovery; 2 TDs; 107 Points

-

Defensive Lineman - JJ Watt (Defensive End Houston Texans) 41 tackles; 14.5 sacks; 1 int; 3 forced fumbles; 5 fumble recoveries; 2 TDs; 1 blocked kick; 179.20 Points

Linebacker - Justin Houston (Kansas City Chiefs) 47 tackles; 16 sacks; 3 forced fumbles; 127 Points

oakleaflad

Through to the  Jerry Rice 'C' Championship game in my debut season having finished 11-3 in regular season. Was not expecting that! Cheers AZ for organizing this.

gallsman

JJ Watt's defensive points are obscene!

Can't wait to make my debut in this next year.

Carmen Stateside

Chargers playing like they want to get to playoffs!! Shocking stuff, 49ers running all over them. Rivers hasn't been great so far, although injuries at centre can't help

Carmen Stateside

Carmen Stateside

What a swing that was. San fran TD took back for chop block.  Next play Kaperneck losese possession and Chargers pick up in end zone, TD Game on now.

Carmen Stateside

And now Kaperneck runs it for a 90 yard td. Crazy game!

Carmen Stateside

Third interception for Rivers. Don't see them coming back now.

Carmen Stateside

What a game this one is. Royale with a great catch on fourth down to keep chargers in with chance unbelievably

Carmen Stateside

Fair fecks to Rivers. Chargers tie it up with secs to go. Could never see that outcome at start of fourth