Author Topic: Celebrities that you admire  (Read 2710 times)

imtommygunn

• View Profile
Re: Celebrities that you admire
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2019, 11:17:01 AM »
Correct Itchy.

Ah sure if it's done by a third party then O'Leary is innocent of it all then ;D

Well fair play if you have the courage of your convictions. How come the head of Aer Lingus, who have also been cutting costs, is never held up the same scrutiny despite numerous strikes over the years. I can only think of it being down to the brash way O Leary deals with questions etc.

There are many forums etc round pilot rights and then the paying employees out of the country he chooses so they never get healthcare contributions etc just isn't very nice. Then there's stunts like his taxi stunt , paying to go to the toilet etc. I think it's how he presents himself to a degree. He doesn't really care what people think about him whereas others try to present something different. What you see tends to be what you get there.

The jokes about the pint and extra for the glass etc etc are always about him and not about easyjet / aer lingus etc so I guess he has made a name for himself.

You have a point on why him and not other ones as there are possibly other people who mask it better than he does but he's just not a man who conducts himself in a way that I think merits any respect.

I have seen easyjet do the wheelchair thing too incidentally. I did witness speedy boarding go on before wheelchair users. I don't think it happens with them any more but I saw it on a flight from liverpool about 10 or a dozen years ago.

haranguerer

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2019, 11:25:36 AM »
O'Leary doesn't come across as a likeable character, and some of his business practices are questionable, but his company is one of the most successful Irish businesses there is, and has revolutionised air travel. I think he can be afforded some admiration for that.

haranguerer

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2019, 11:26:11 AM »
One that doesn't involve trying to squeeze a few extra Euros out of wheelchair users who want to board his planes.

Whats this about?

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2019, 02:09:27 PM »
Speedy boarders getting on before wheelchair users

spuds

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2019, 02:29:08 PM »

I'm hearing this in a Frankie Boyle voice.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
 John Hubbard

haranguerer

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2019, 02:38:29 PM »

I don't understand. Does this cause problems?