Sligo v Leitrim 22-5-11

Started by Blowitupref, May 01, 2011, 10:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeppinMick

The Leitrim view is not to promising Expect very limited support in Sligo for Leitrim, have even heard some seasoned supporters saying they will give it a miss this year. Leitrim played Mayo juniors few weeks ago in Conn semi, the Mayo team is selected entirely from junior ranks. Leitriim had 12 players starting who are likely to start against Sligo and we still got beaten :(

Goalie is the only injury concern with John McKeon now back. Honestly expect Sligo to win confortably, 7/8 points after a boring one sided game.

Rossfan

I presume after this Championship is over ye'll be sending Mickey M. home and using ye're resources on coaching young lads??
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ross4life

Word coming out of Leitrim they can't wait for Moran to leave though what from i'm hearing some of these players are not the easiest to manage.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

SLIGONIAN

Leitrim Junior team

1. Philip Farrelly, (Ballinamore Sean O'Heslin's)
2. Gavin Reynolds, (Cloone)
3. Mark Beirne, (Eslin)
4. Paddy Maguire, (Glencar/Manorhamilton)
5. Paul Brennan, (Melvin Gaels)
6. Barry McWeeney, (Aughnasheelin)
7. Conor Sheridan, (Melvin Gaels)
8. Daniel Lowe, (St Mary's)
9. Robert Lowe, (St Mary's)
10. Fergal Clancy, (Glenfarne/Kiltyclogher)
11. Colm Maguire, (Aughavas)
12. Paddy McGowan, (Dromahair)
13. Conor Beirne, (Eslin)
14. Adrian Croal, (Glencar/Manorhamilton)
15. Conor Kelly, (Dromahair)

16. Cathal McCrann, (Gortletteragh) 17. Emlyn Mulligan, (Melvin Gaels) 18. Brian McDonald, (Glencar/Manorhamilton) 19. Christopher McGowan, (Dromahair) 20. Anthony McDonald, (Glencar/Manorhamilton) 21. Brian O Donnell, (St. Mary's) 22. Shane Mulvey, (Ballinaglera) 23. Morgan Quinn, (Aughawillan) 24. Sean Mc Weeney , (Aughnasheelin)

In bold likely to start against us. Its  a fair few all right.

"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

ross4life

What's the story with Sligo this year in Junior.. have they got many senior players? we had a few senior panel players but none of them would make the starting 15 this year.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

SLIGONIAN

Sligo Junior Team v Galway 
1 Bryan McGovern Calry/St.Joseph's
2 Kevin Cryan Eastern Harps
3 Johnny Martyn St.Mary's 0-01 (would be on my starting 15 but not on panel so far this yr)
4 Conor Davey Drumcliffe/Rosses Point
5 Mark Quinn St.Molaise Gaels (maybe starting 15)
6 Brian Curran Tubbercurry (maybe starting 15)
7 Shane McManus Geevagh
8 Michael McGowan St.Farnan's
9 Kevin Byrne Geevagh (would be on my panel but not on panel this yr)
10 James Clarke St.Patrick's 0-01
11 Barry O'Boyle Calry/St.Joseph's
12 Mark Butler St.Mary's 0-01
13 Alan Taaffe St.Michael's 0-02 (0-1f) panelist, only played fbd
14 Vincent Frizzell Buninadden 1-01 (1-0 pen)
15 James Hynes ST.Farnan's 0-02
Subs used:
Gary Gaughan 0-02 for O'Boyle
Michael Rolston for McGowan
Mark Irwin for Taaffe

None of last yr junior finalist eligible,
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Blowitupref

I see Leitrim are 11/2 with some bookies now, i don't think they will win but are they worth a flutter?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

magpie seanie

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 16, 2011, 05:03:46 PM
I see Leitrim are 11/2 with some bookies now, i don't think they will win but are they worth a flutter?

Crazy odds.

Tatler Jack

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 16, 2011, 05:21:05 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on May 16, 2011, 05:03:46 PM

Crazy odds.

Best way to shorten them is to throw a few bob on them!! While there is always the chance that Leitrim might pull off a surprise there is nothing to suggest they will They were very average last year v Ros and Idon't think they have improved. If Sligo are anything close to the team they were last year they will win this handily enough. Even 11/1 would not tempt me.

ross4life

Yeah would agree, has been talk about the returning Mulligan but they are missing their main scorer from last year Michael Foley among others. i wonder what type of crowd they will get in Markievicz park on Sunday? Ross v leitrim game last year got over 12,000

Mano

Leitrim team has been named - a much changed team from last year. Most of the more recognisable names are no longer available Maxwell, Regan, Foley x2, McCloskey, Duignan to name a few.
Don't know much about any of the players
LEITRIM SFC v Sligo):
Cathal McCrann
Dermot Reynolds
Ronan Gallagher
Paddy Maguire
Barry Prior
Gary Reynolds
Wayne McKeon
Tomás Beirne
Daniel Lowe
Paul Brennan
Emlyn Mulligan
Robert Lowe
Adrian Croal
Conor Beirne
James Glancy (capt).

Lone Shark

Regarding the odds here, I'd say that Leitrim will be competitive but I still don't see them winning this - I'd say Leitrim plus five on the handicap is a decent bet though. Five points is a lot in a game like this.

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: Lone Shark on May 18, 2011, 01:04:49 PM
Regarding the odds here, I'd say that Leitrim will be competitive but I still don't see them winning this - I'd say Leitrim plus five on the handicap is a decent bet though. Five points is a lot in a game like this.

Five points is a lot. Sligo have a lot of injuries too. Leitrim +5 is the way to go for betting men.

spuds

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on May 18, 2011, 01:12:28 PM
Quote from: Lone Shark on May 18, 2011, 01:04:49 PM

Five points is a lot. Sligo have a lot of injuries too. Leitrim +5 is the way to go for betting men.

From Paddy Power

QuoteSligo    1/6

Draw    10/1

Leitrim    5/1

Handicap Betting    Hide
Sligo (-5.0)    10/11

Handicap Draw (-5.0)    9/1

Leitrim (+5.0)    evens

"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

spuds

Sligo (SF v Leitrim):
                  P Greene

C Harrison      R Donovan       N Ewing

P McGovern    B Curran        D Rooney

S Gilmartin     T Taylor

A Costello       E O'Hara          F Quinn

S Coen        K Sweeney        A Marren

http://www.gaa.ie/gaa-news-and-videos/daily-news/2/1805111331-breheny-misses-out-as-rooney-debuts-for-sligo/
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard