Sligo v Leitrim 22-5-11

Started by Blowitupref, May 01, 2011, 10:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: ross4life on May 07, 2011, 06:06:09 PM
So it's a Sligo v Mayo in the Connacht Junior final, will be a repeat in the Senior final unfortunately  :(
If theres such a fcking lack of belief in Roscommon then dont bother turning up for yere connacht semi final ;)
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

ross4life

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on May 07, 2011, 11:51:11 PM
So it's a Sligo v Mayo in the Connacht Junior final, will be a repeat in the Senior final unfortunately  :(
If theres such a fcking lack of belief in Roscommon then dont bother turning up for yere connacht semi final ;)
I'm sure we'll turn up and have a little kick about at least.  ;)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Mano

Quote from: ross4life on May 07, 2011, 11:56:30 PM

Ye will be turning up about alright and hopefully its in Sligo and not Carrick On Shannon. Ross will be turning up with a far better team than last year particularly in the forwards where the addition of Kilbride and Devaney gives Ross more scoring options up front. Ye are not fooling anyone with this pessimism that ye are writing about on here.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Mano on May 08, 2011, 05:14:37 PM

Ye will be turning up about alright and hopefully its in Sligo and not Carrick On Shannon. Ross will be turning up with a far better team than last year particularly in the forwards where the addition of Kilbride and Devaney gives Ross more scoring options up front. Ye are not fooling anyone with this pessimism that ye are writing about on here.
+1 sure they mightin admit it publicly but there c**k sure theyll make a connacht final at least, in fact theyll be shocked if they dont.

ross4life

As they say it takes two to tango (See Sligonian posts above)  ;)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: ross4life on May 08, 2011, 08:49:59 PM

As they say it takes two to tango (See Sligonian posts above)  ;)
On/off the board my view is the same, roscommon are better than last yr, we are missing kelly for starters, you seem in denial about that, im not going to into any more technically, but any Sligofan that has issues TRUSTING our team after last yr is well within his rights considering the spiel and false promises from the camp last yr and total implosion thereafter. TBH off the board most Sligo people have the same concerns as me. We are going in with the same atitude, Sligo CAN beat any team in Connacht AND Sligo CAN lose to any team Connacht. We accept the favs tag against Leitrim but not against Roscommon.

ross4life

Remains to be seen if we are better than last year certainly not at the back, a match in Markievicz park is as diffcult fixture as you can get in Connacht these days (Galway,Mayo found that out last year)

David Kelly's last two Championship games v Roscommon he was held scoreless so if he's out..he won't be missed as much as some of the other forwards that have done better v us. I like the new refreshing atitude this year.. if i told you last year "Sligo CAN beat any team in Connacht AND Sligo CAN lose to any team Connacht" it wouldn't have went down so well! so maybe that Connacht final defeat to us wasn't a bad thing E.G eliminating the hype & whether you accept it or not? Sligo will be favourites to beat Roscommon again.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: ross4life on May 09, 2011, 04:44:52 PM
Remains to be seen if we are better than last year certainly not at the back, a match in Markievicz park is as diffcult fixture as you can get in Connacht these days (Galway,Mayo found that out last year)

David Kelly's last two Championship games v Roscommon he was held scoreless so if he's out..he won't be missed as much as some of the other forwards that have done better v us. I like the new refreshing atitude this year.. if i told you last year "Sligo CAN beat any team in Connacht AND Sligo CAN lose to any team Connacht" it wouldn't have went down so well! so maybe that Connacht final defeat to us wasn't a bad thing E.G eliminating the hype & whether you accept it or not? Sligo will be favourites to beat Roscommon again.
Says who, the people of roscommon and players, i read quotes from shine last week, saying "so what if sligo,mayo and galway are favs for connacht, we will thrive on that" blah who are these people tipping Sligo.

Im sorry to tell the roscommon people and players that in Sligo there is no expectation, no pressure, no hype like last yr.

ross4life

We'll wait for you to get over Leitrim first TBH  i'd expect most the bookies if not all will have Sligo favourites & that alone will be pressure & i agree no expectation or hype but driven by revenge.

SLIGONIAN

Was chatting to an ex Roscommon player today, asked him who did he want to win betwen Sligo v Leitrim, " jees were praying for a Sligo win, Leitrim in carrick, bastards will tear into us and theyre due a win there, but ye, yere soft and no matter if Roscommon are in good or bad shape we always feel we cant beat ye" my reply "is that main view in Roscommon or just your own" ros reply "most people i know pretty much think the same" my reply " we'll see"

ross4life

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on May 14, 2011, 12:33:48 AM
Was chatting to an ex Roscommon player today, asked him who did he want to win betwen Sligo v Leitrim, " jees were praying for a Sligo win, Leitrim in carrick, b**tards will tear into us and theyre due a win there, but ye, yere soft and no matter if Roscommon are in good or bad shape we always feel we cant beat ye" my reply "is that main view in Roscommon or just your own" ros reply "most people i know pretty much think the same" my reply " we'll see"

Was this "Ex Roscommon player" Frankie Dolan after a feed of drink in Bozo's?? all Roscommon players past or present knows our record in Carrick on Shannon & seeing that we are about the same level.. we hope they can turn ye over to give us a better chance to make back to back Connacht finals (not done since the 90s)

So when Sligo beat Leitrim will you feel insulted when Fergal O'Donnell declares Sligo favourites?

Take it from me..the vast majority doesn't think Sligo are a "soft touch" though i give you props from playing yourselfs down & hyping us up.

Farrandeelin

Is this a Sligo v Roscommon poor-mouthing thread or a Sligo v Leitrim thread? ;)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Blowitupref

Any Leitrim fans on this forum? i would like to hear their views on this game.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 14, 2011, 05:35:04 PM
Any Leitrim fans on this forum? i would like to hear their views on this game.
Hoganstand-they sound confident

Farrandeelin

AhFeckRef is another, I think.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.