Are we all cheering for England today?

Started by thewobbler, December 02, 2010, 10:18:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerry Mike

QuoteThis is an Islamic radical country, no outside affection is allowed, women have to cover themselves, no alcohol is allowed although inside the 2 pubs its no enforced only unless you cause triouble.

Jaysus the best part of a lot of World Cups is watching the women in the crowd (it beats watching the fecking soccer anyway) , what happens if the Brazilians and Swedes qualify , what will the women do. Maybe see through Burka's will be supplied  ;) 

Delighted England failed again.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

DuffleKing

Wanted England to get it for the novelty.

Wished i could support someone else all week when listening to the press.

as the day progressed, listening to the shite and delusion on bbc 5live, i wanted russia to win it.

5 live have been an absolute disgrace since the verdict. openly questioning the integrity and ideals of everyone from blatter, platini (wtf?) to individual delegates and abrahmovic.

They seen to be under the impression that the capacity to host a world cup successfully should be down to a final day presentation and the number of celbrities they can line up. they have been a joke for months with changes in their bid leadership and members, not to mention a press that did not want the tournament until the last few days.

Russia wanted this from the get go. they lobbied and worked inside fifa - the way to influence any policial decision - and when you add in the financial muscle they put behind their bid there was probably only ever going to be one winner.

SLIGONIAN

Qatar dont even have near enough hotels, ive never seen as many roundabouts in a city, how are people going to get from there hotels to the games in 45/55 degrees, having to park up and walk to the ground,

Ya its great they will have the air conditioned staduims but its getting there i see serious problems.

Its scary that corruption is so powerful. I mean this bid was a dead duck in technical terms. Are the fans ever considered with bids?
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

ross4life

I would've liked to seen Australia for 2022 & doesn't Elle MacPherson look well for almost 50
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: DuffleKing on December 02, 2010, 04:37:28 PM

as the day progressed, listening to the shite and delusion on bbc 5live, i wanted russia to win it.

5 live have been an absolute disgrace since the verdict. openly questioning the integrity and ideals of everyone from blatter, platini (wtf?) to individual delegates and abrahmovic.

They seen to be under the impression that the capacity to host a world cup successfully should be down to a final day presentation and the number of celbrities they can line up. they have been a joke for months with changes in their bid leadership and members, not to mention a press that did not want the tournament until the last few days.

Russia wanted this from the get go. they lobbied and worked inside fifa - the way to influence any policial decision - and when you add in the financial muscle they put behind their bid there was probably only ever going to be one winner.
What if thats the truth? I certainly would be thinking the same, the voting process has nothing to with which bid is the best.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: ross4life on December 02, 2010, 04:39:50 PM
I would've liked to seen Australia for 2022 & doesn't Elle MacPherson look well for almost 50
I was hoping England/Austrailia tbh. Dont mind to much Russia getting it, you will not need a visa to go to the world cup.

paco

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on December 02, 2010, 04:40:52 PM

What if thats the truth? I certainly would be thinking the same, the voting process has nothing to with which bid is the best.

Whether it's the truth or not, did you expect them to react any differently?

ross4life

It's well known blatter, platini have a dislike for everything England.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Main Street

England will have a Mayo sized (morning after the AI) hangover.

Minder

I am glad England didn't get it because there is always te chance they won't qualify for it. As for Australia getting future World Cups, that would be handy for watching games with the time difference......
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on December 02, 2010, 04:38:40 PM
Qatar dont even have near enough hotels, ive never seen as many roundabouts in a city, how are people going to get from there hotels to the games in 45/55 degrees, having to park up and walk to the ground

They have 12 years to spruce the place up - I think they'll be ok

deiseach

You know the rules

ross4life

Quote from: Main Street on December 02, 2010, 04:47:36 PM
England will have a Mayo sized (morning after the AI) hangover.

Have been out at few of those! can get very messy indeed.

Banana Man

Quote from: deiseach on December 02, 2010, 04:50:42 PM

You know the rules

+1 - Get the picture up to fu*k

Banana Man

ya knew something was up when putin didn't even bother weighing in, meanwhile becks, wills and camron were up at the bar all night buying drink

pity though any potential financial piggybacking has now gone for this little island