Are we all cheering for England today?

Started by thewobbler, December 02, 2010, 10:18:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mountainboii

Quote from: supersub on December 02, 2010, 03:40:55 PM
Fair play but I dont understand how they can build 14 stadiums when the obviously don't need them at the moment? So what will happen to them after the month of the world cup?

A country the size of Russia would have a decent chance of finding some use for them. Qatar on the other hand...

ross4life

So England may get the 2026 world cup now? who knows maybe beckhams sons will be playing by then.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Declan

And Qatar gets the 2022 one and the stadiums will be moved to other countries after it's over!!!

GalwayBayBoy

Russia and Qatar. f**k that for a game of marbles anyway. Won't be going to those World Cups.

Abramovich seems to have brought along some Russian hookers to the ceremony as well.

Doogie Browser

Quote from: ross4life on December 02, 2010, 03:45:00 PM
So England may get the 2026 world cup now? who knows maybe beckhams sons will be playing by then.
Are you sure?  I thought they would alternate by continent from now on?

take_yer_points

I'm pretty sure they said on the BBC coverage there that the next one they can bid for us the 2030 one - not sure why that is

Lecale2

Take them apart and rebuild them in 3rd World countries.

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: AFS on December 02, 2010, 03:42:42 PM
Quote from: supersub on December 02, 2010, 03:40:55 PM
Fair play but I dont understand how they can build 14 stadiums when the obviously don't need them at the moment? So what will happen to them after the month of the world cup?

A country the size of Russia would have a decent chance of finding some use for them. Qatar on the other hand...

Your man on BBC said something there about Qatar are going to dismantle the new stadiums after the world cup and use the materials in 3rd World countries or something.

paco

So glad England didn't get it. Earlier on I wanted them to get it, but listening to Martin Peters and everyone else in the SSN studio was just annoying, and when the "unofficial result" was leaked that England were out at the first stage, all they could say was that FIFA got it wrong! Their arrogance knows no bounds. Russia will be interesting, Qatar even more so.

ross4life

Quote from: take_yer_points on December 02, 2010, 03:46:07 PM

I'm pretty sure they said on the BBC coverage there that the next one they can bid for us the 2030 one - not sure why that is

That's a long wait so & they will probably give to Iraq instead
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

dec

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qatar#Climate

Summer temperatures in Qatar

Average high
June (38 C) 106 F
July (41 C) 115 F

Average low
June (25 C) 81 F
July (27 C) 84 F

Archie Mitchell

Yeah, it's 2030 before they can get one. As a European team got the 2018 World Cup, European teams are'nt allowed to bid for the next 2, 2022 and 2026.

EC Unique

If you bid and then fail in that bid you have to skip a gereration until you bid agian. So England must skip all the 2020s with next available tournament 2030.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: dec on December 02, 2010, 03:50:17 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qatar#Climate

Summer temperatures in Qatar

Average high
June (38 C) 106 F
July (41 C) 115 F

Average low
June (25 C) 81 F
July (27 C) 84 F

That decision was down to one thing. Oil. And Money. So make that two things.