Dublin v Kerry, 7th Feb, 2pm

Started by The Aristocrat, February 04, 2010, 08:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on February 07, 2010, 04:02:07 PM
Did Galvan just hit the Ref?  :D

I thought he threw a we jab at him to but couldnt decide if i was seeing things. Not much talk of it here, would need to see it again.

heffo

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on February 07, 2010, 05:36:58 PM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on February 07, 2010, 04:02:07 PM
Did Galvan just hit the Ref?  :D

I thought he threw a we jab at him to but couldnt decide if i was seeing things. Not much talk of it here, would need to see it again.

It'll be interesting to see whether it's included in the refs report alright - he'd be looking at missing most of the league if he's reporting for minor physical interference of the ref..

ONeill

Yes, it was one of those moments when things froze for a moment. Galvin went white when the ref just stared at him. I think the ref made a decision to let it go. Hard to know for sure but looked like Galvin lost it for a split second again.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Hardy

The commentator went "jeepers", or something like that and then said no more about it. In that moment when everything froze, as O'Neill put it, everyone seemed to decide it never happened.

He's a hell of a footballer, but he seems to have serious issues and he'd need to give himself a good talking to or he'll wind up in serious trouble.

AZOffaly

I presume he missed. He definitely went to grab him or pull him back or something. If he made contact, he'd have to go, and he'd be gone for the year I'm sure.

Tyrone Dreamer

I'd half convinced myself it didn't happen when it wasn't shown again. Strange Sunday Sport didn't mention it tonight either when you consider the coverage given to the McMenamin incident last year.

ONeill

Around 5:12 on this. Prob not as bad as first look. Declan O'Sullivan's push on the Dub well before that against the wire much worse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsyaj4SDr7c
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Zapatista

Quote from: ONeill on February 08, 2010, 12:25:03 AM
Around 5:12 on this. Prob not as bad as first look. Declan O'Sullivan's push on the Dub well before that against the wire much worse.

Nothing to it. I think he was just trying to get his attention.

Canalman

Was at the match...... nice encouraging performance. A long overdue bit of bite back in the  team which tackled like demons.
Players who stood out for me were O'Sullivan (Dublin version), McCarthy (also Dublin version) and McAuley. Cluxton was awful and these short kickouts will have to stop........ we have to have faith in our midfield to win kickouts. Fennell's inability to catch clean ball frfom kickouts is a worry imo.

The future will dictate whether the win was a defining moment for the team or an ambushing of ambling AI champions on soft ground.
Always a joy to watch Galvin play .

All the usual provisos apply ("only February").

Best part of the day for me was a Kerry fan whinging on Newstalk that Donaghy was not protected by the referee. Great to hear.

Nice stadium also...... Kerry crowd sound also........ none of the Summer crowing/posturing evident yesterday. Guess their "fairweather fans" were absent also.

INDIANA

Would agree with all of that- especially the bit about Fennell's aerial ability. Some Dublin fans think he's Ciaran Whelan already. Other teams will notice that flaw and expose it.

Nice to get the monkey off the back. but christ we've seen more false dawns than Man City fans.

I would worry for kerry if some of their key players get injured. backup by their lofty standards isn't great.

Tough next week- impressed with Derry on Sat have a feeling they are going to hand our arses to us.

gander

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 07, 2010, 09:47:14 PM
I presume he missed. He definitely went to grab him or pull him back or something. If he made contact, he'd have to go, and he'd be gone for the year I'm sure.

I was wondering what happened as well, must've just grabbed at him for the Ref never reacted at all.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: ONeill on February 08, 2010, 12:25:03 AM

Definitely went for him alright. If not red mist certainly some pink mist had descended before his eyes. Not sure if he missed or the ref just thought someone had brushed past him.

It's a bit like when Father Ted kicked Bishop Brennan up the arse.

Any craic

http://www.youtube.com/user/VodafoneIreland - Gilroy and Griffin speak after beating Kerry and looking ahead to Derry.

Hardy

When did "guys" start playing football? Lads, I think he meant.