Dublin v Kerry, 7th Feb, 2pm

Started by The Aristocrat, February 04, 2010, 08:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Aristocrat

Dublin team is: Stephen Cluxton, Ross O'Carroll, Rory O'Carroll, Philly McMahon, Paul Griffin, Cian O'Sullivan, James McCarthy, Eamon Fennell, Ross McConnell, Alan Hubbard, Michael Darragh MacAuley, Paul Flynn, David Henry, Blaine Kelly, Kevin McManamon

Substitutes: Michael Savage, Paul Conlon, Conor McCormack, Paul Casey, Bryan Cullen, Denis Carrigan, Tiernan Diamond, James Brogan, Bernard Brogan, Dean Kelly, Kevin Bonner, Brendan McManamon.

Kerry team will be announced tomorrow, they will be short a few like Dublin.

Delighted with the Full back line, best fullback line in Dublin IMO.

As for a prediction- neh....

heffo

Before we hear any yerra bull and 'fall for it everytime!!!!' - how many of the Kerry lads are staying on the dry at Marc O'Se's wedding??

magickingdom

think kerry are missing something like 17 players from the all ireland, two sides to it really - its wrong for the league to be treated like this esp as this could be a great game but and a big but its all about peaking in aug/sept. . . anyway i'm looking forward to the day in killarney

mountainboii

Do Dublin have two former corner backs playing in their forward line, or am I mixing them up with other players?

Canalman

Maybe Gilroy is trying out the Swarm defence............... not personally a fan of this system and feel that it is alien to how the game is played by and large in Dublin club football. Sadly we may have to "lower" ourselves and hope that this tactic is only a short term fad.

For it to work for us we need 4 forwards with blinding pace and a willingness to make countless lonely runs off the ball  and win hard ball which imo we don't have at the moment.

A draw on the cards imo given Kerry's "weakened" team.

heffo

Quote from: AFS on February 04, 2010, 11:18:30 PM
Do Dublin have two former corner backs playing in their forward line, or am I mixing them up with other players?

Yes - Hubbard & David Henry - both play as forwards with their club though.

INDIANA

Quote from: Canalman on February 05, 2010, 09:25:18 AM
Maybe Gilroy is trying out the Swarm defence............... not personally a fan of this system and feel that it is alien to how the game is played by and large in Dublin club football. Sadly we may have to "lower" ourselves and hope that this tactic is only a short term fad.

For it to work for us we need 4 forwards with blinding pace and a willingness to make countless lonely runs off the ball  and win hard ball which imo we don't have at the moment.

A draw on the cards imo given Kerry's "weakened" team.

Neither side will have any resemblance to last season. Dublin need to find 7 new players at least. I like the backs- not really sold on the balance up front. I just hope that we don't use the league as a complete experimental tool and get relegated. We need to beat a few of the better teams to get a bit of confidence.
I'll make a prediction when I see the kerry team. But travelling in hope really. But if kerry put out a very weakened side- I'd hope we should get the result as we should have more to play for than them.

Tatler Jack

Kerry Team:

(1)Ger Reidy, Castleisland Desmonds (2)Padraig Reidy Scartaglin (3) Tommy Griffin (Dingle) (4) Adrian O'Connell ( St Michael's Foilmore ) (5) Maurice Corridan (Finuge )(6) Aidan O'Mahony (Rathmore) (7) Killian Young (Renard)- Captain (8)Seamus Scanlon (Currow)(9) Micheál Quirke (Kerins O'Rahillys) (10)Paul Galvin (Finuge) (11) Declan O'Sullivan (Piarsaigh na Dromada) (12) Donnacha Walsh (Cromane) (13) Barry John Walsh (Kerins O'Rahillys) (14) Kieran Donaghy (Austin Stacks) (15) Paul O'Connor (Kenmare)
Fir Ionad
(16) Brendan Kealy (Kilcummin) (17) Alan O'Sullivan (Tuosist) (18) James O'Donoghue (Legion) (19) Pat Corridan (Finuge) 20) Aidan O'Sullivan (Piarsaigh na Dromada)
(21) Kieran O'Leary (Dr Crokes) (22) Barry John Keane (Kerins O'Rahillys) (23) Brian Looney (Dr. Crokes) (24) Paudge O'Connor (Legion) 25) Johnny Buckley (Dr Crokes)

A lot more familiar names on Kerry team and on paper look a lot stronger than the Dubs.

QuoteI'd hope we should get the result as we should have more to play for than them.

Kerry always have something to play for especially against the Dubs!!!

AZOffaly

Ì met Gooch on the flight to Heathrow yesterday. On his way to Miami for the Superbowl. He didn't seem that disappointed about missing a freezing cold February league game :D

5 Sams

Marc Se was married on Friday...mite be a few fuzzy green and gold heads tomorrow ???
The Aristocrat Years

Hound

Still a strong Kerry team picked.
Dublin with 8 defenders, 4 midfielders and 2 forwards. Trying to eek out a 3-3 draw perhaps  :P

thejuice

Dubs should be winning this by a few already. Were clear through on the goal keeper but lack of composure in front of goal let them down.

http://beo.tg4.ie/
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

armaghniac

Galvin could play Dublin by himself!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Carmen Stateside

thejuice

Nice goal there definately a different Dublin team and Kerry team from last year. I'd love to be in Miami too.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016