Dublin v Kerry, 7th Feb, 2pm

Started by The Aristocrat, February 04, 2010, 08:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magickingdom

Quote from: thejuice on February 07, 2010, 03:07:13 PM
Nice goal there definately a different Dublin team and Kerry team from last year. I'd love to be in Miami too.

just saw that in the american thread! dying with a cold today so i'm on the recliner for the kerry game.. . then chel/arsenal.... then tonight the SUPERBOWL. not a bad way to recover ;D

Declan

not bad from the Dubs so far but they are having too work so hard for their scores

Carmen Stateside

Fennell having a good game for the Dubs, there will be a bidding war this week for him if he keeps this up!
Henry playing as the sweeper is picking up alot of ball, but should he not be trying to get forward on occasions, he seems happy to give his pass and return to his defensive role.  Dubs just not getting the support up quick enough, the goal came from one of the few occasions they did get the support up.

thejuice

Declan O'Sullivan feigning injury, tut tut,
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

thejuice

Was that point disallowed for a square ball or am I seeing things?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Carmen Stateside

Carmen Stateside

Good game, Dubs deserved it but were made work hard for it.  Dubs for the All ireland for sure!

Declan

Important for the Dubs to hang on there. Fennell looked the part

thejuice

Wasn't sure if it was Donaghy or Galvin who shoved him. Anyway Dubs fought hard for that one and deserved a the win in the end. You could see it in Galvin though that he hates losing no matter what time of year it is. Eamonn Fennell really showed his worth today though I wonder how he'd cope against a 1st choice Kerry midfield.

Bensars

Both teams missing far too many players to make any judgement. It'll be a positive for Dublin though. Dublin coasting into final quarter and nearly sh*t in the nest. Far to easily brought down to niggly level by Kerry, when Kerry were under pressure and needed frees to pull them back into it. Thats probably down to inexperience from a dublin point of view but if that trend was to continue Dublin would be in bother as more experienced teams was exploit it to the maximum.  Irrespective Gilroy is bound to be happy with happy the overall team ethic which has been missing in recent years when put under pressure. Thought Fennel and Mc Menamin (despite looking like dessie farrell ) showed well. Thought Tommy Walsh had made a return from oz, the young walsh is like a twin.

The Dubs will kick on now and if they get another couple of wins it'll be hard to keep the Dublin press quiet !

Dubs for Sam ! ;)

AZOffaly

So you can be called for a square ball from a sideline? I thought it was frees and 45's only? Must be all 'dead balls'.

Bensars

Anytime. However if the ball goes directly over it will still count irrespective of forward inside small square . (open to correction.The rules change that much these days !)

magickingdom

good game, dublin needed the win more but its hard to tell anything else from it. .

Tatler Jack

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on February 07, 2010, 04:06:49 PM
Good game, Dubs deserved it but were made work hard for it.  Dubs for the All ireland for sure!
[/b]

Its between themselves and Mayo!  ;)

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Tatler Jack on February 07, 2010, 05:20:07 PM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on February 07, 2010, 04:06:49 PM
[/b]

Its between themselves and Mayo!  ;)

Could be a major train wreck when the Dublin and Mayo hype trains crash inro one another  :D  Too be honest I don't think either set of fans will see too much into today, especially in Mayo.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.