Mourinho Gone!!

Started by cill_dara, September 20, 2007, 12:43:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Datsun Donaghy

Quote from: ONeill on September 20, 2007, 07:28:20 PM
Sorry to see him go. Nothing worse than a string of managers winging out the cliches. Unfortunately Ferguson has now joined that band and hasn't the will to be thoughtful and individualistic in his post-match comments anymore (and won't even speak to BBC).

Mourinho was a class act, winding those who needed wound up in the process.

Mourinho wanted to be the Star - bigger than any of his players - he was entertaining at first, which to a degree excused his boring style of play, however, the Premiership will not miss him nor his whinging. His team, despite being loaded with the world's best, played a boring brand of bland football which eventually led to Abrahmovich and many Chelsea fans voting with their feet.

So long Jose!!!

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7006084.stm

Possible mass exodus of Chelski's finest - worrying times for Chelsea fans.
Won't find it as easy to attract the cream of soccers finest with a no-body in charge.
Tbc....

Give-it-Timber

Quote from: Datsun Donaghy on September 20, 2007, 08:42:55 PM
Quote from: ONeill on September 20, 2007, 07:28:20 PM
Sorry to see him go. Nothing worse than a string of managers winging out the cliches. Unfortunately Ferguson has now joined that band and hasn't the will to be thoughtful and individualistic in his post-match comments anymore (and won't even speak to BBC).

Mourinho was a class act, winding those who needed wound up in the process.

Mourinho wanted to be the Star - bigger than any of his players - he was entertaining at first, which to a degree excused his boring style of play, however, the Premiership will not miss him nor his whinging. His team, despite being loaded with the world's best, played a boring brand of bland football which eventually led to Abrahmovich and many Chelsea fans voting with their feet.

So long Jose!!!

how so true datsun, hes was funny at the start  but eventually got boring, his style of play was boring and IMO it wasnt Mourinho who brought the title to Chelsea it was Abrahmovich

Norf Tyrone

Ok....been flat out with work the last few days, so I wanted to add my tuppence to this thread. Now I am a self confessed heavyilly induced wearer of Blue tinted goggles....so fasten your seatbelts.
I'll try and reply to the comments as I cross them.

QuoteDone an ok job with Chelsea, wasted a lot of money though on some players.  While I like the arrogance, he went overboard with somethings, like the whole Barcalona thing when they met in the Champions League a few years ago.  Dont think he will be a huge loss though, didnt do very well in the transfer market this summer in my opinion, and a change could be a breath of fresh air for Chelsea and good for their ambitions of winning the Champions League.

Jose's strength was getting more out of something than the sum of its parts. His ability to generate a team spirit, and pysche gave his team a huge edge. However I think building, and using a seige mentality can only last a certain time, before it becomes dated. Was this starting to happen?...maybe. His record in the transfer markert was mixed. It's difficult to assess though. We are led to believe that Jose gave the board a list of who he wants, and then decided what to pay for them. Therefore some of the expensive flops (Del Horno for example), has to be apportioned to Kenyon, Buck et all also. Remember Jose made some great signings in Drogba, Essien and Carvalho to name a few, although again they were expensive.

nrico2006
QuoteChelsea had a few injuries last year - but what does that say about the manager when he spent several hundred million on players in the few years and hadn't adequate backup whenever he lost a centre back, or whenever he lost a striker (with Terry or Huth becoming makeshift centre forwards).
The lack of a centre half at the start of last season, was a huge mistake on Mourinho's part. However he was a wee bit unlucky in that having JT, Carvalho, Cech and Cudicini out was very unfortunate.

Quotealso the absent seats on Tuesday night showed just how far Chelsea are from the likes of the Liverpool's and United's when it comes to tradition and loyal fans!
The crowd did confuse me. Tickets were cheaper than normal, although still £36. However just because the crowd was smaller doesn't mean Chelsea fans are less loyal. There just may be less of them than United and Liverpool have. If that makes sense? Also, United and to a lesser degree Liverpool have the tourist trade to back fill defecits from their loyal fans. So did United have full houses every game throughout the mid 80s to 90s?????

Balboa
Quotei dont think you can hold Mourinho accountable for those, many of the players were bought at Abramovich's behest, most notably Sheva, it was obvious Mourinho did not want him.
All the evidence points to Sheva being a Roman signing (Along with Ben Haim and Boulharouz). What contradicts this theory is that Jose takes (I mean took  :() no shit. I would've thought that trying to force something on him, would've seen him walk a long time ago.

ful back
QuoteAlthough a decent manager, with all the money he had he still couldnt bring home the CL
Other managers have achieved it without spending as much money
The Champions's league is still a Cup competition, and as such one bad game, or bad luck and your out. Look at the last few years...even Porto have won it  ;) In 2005, bad luck cost Chelsea, and in 2007 a bad game put paid to them. Two semi finals in 3 years, is a decent record regardless. How much have Real Madrid spent trying to win the CL over the last few years?? Reading on, and some other posters are echoing my thoughts....sorry. J70 and great leap forward for two.

So an era ends. Still very disapointed that TSO has gone, but I expected it to end this way at some stage, however thought another year or two. The press have had a specualtion orgy over the last few days with blame been attributed left, right and centre. Maybe the truth will out some day, but at the minute its all speculation.

The fans are livid at the moment, but its hard to find a party line that sits comfortably. I can whinge at Roman, but at the end of the day he has financed some incredible personal memories. If he wants a change of direction, it would be hypocritical to moan....at the minute. However IF he starts to pick the team, and press the self destruct button...then as fans should we start to fight back.

Avram Grant has to earn the fan's respect. At the minute there is conjuncture that he stabbed Jose in the back, but there is no real evidence for this. He has an underweleming CV, but I think he deserves some support at the minute.
The same can be said for Sheva.....bar being useless I see no evidence of any wrong doing. To be fair he tried his hardest last season, and this but as Hansen states 'his legs have gone'.

So...good luck Jose, but football is a fickle business............the king is dead.....
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone