Mourinho Gone!!

Started by cill_dara, September 20, 2007, 12:43:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yer Ma

Great manager, don't know if Abramovich knows what he is losing.............

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

I take it Roman wasn't fond of omelettes!  ;)
Tbc....

thebandit

Galwaybhoy

Done an ok job with Chelsea, wasted a lot of money though on some players.  While I like the arrogance, he went overboard with somethings, like the whole Barcalona thing when they met in the Champions League a few years ago.  Dont think he will be a huge loss though, didnt do very well in the transfer market this summer in my opinion, and a change could be a breath of fresh air for Chelsea and good for their ambitions of winning the Champions League.

kinghen

i dont think it was mourinho's prowess in the transfer market that made him a good manager at chelski! after all with unlimited funds and an owner who did like to be a bit too involved, it seemed like it was big names that interested them more and they were unwilling to take risks and try and develop less well known players! the thing about him that will be missed tho is his good man-management skills, all the players at chelski (well the most important ones anyway) seemed to like and trust him, an seemed like they were really willing to bust a gut for him!

replacing him will be tough and they are just lucky that fat frank and jt signed contracts when they did!!

nrico2006

From Norf Tyrone:

QuoteIn addition last year the flair players, Cole and Robben were injured for much of the year, Sheva didn't workout, and with injuries to JT and Cech he had to ask his fullbacks- esp Ashley Cole- to be more conservative.

Norf, I actually liked Mourinho, the rapport he had with the players was great.  But, how good a manager was he?  In realistic terms, Chelsea's two most valuable players are Terry and Lampard.  When they are missing Chelsea look merely above average.  Both these players were there before he arrived.  Chelsea had a few injuries last year - but what does that say about the manager when he spent several hundred million on players in the few years and hadn't adequate backup whenever he lost a centre back, or whenever he lost a striker (with Terry or Huth becoming makeshift centre forwards).  I'm disappointed that he won't be about anymore, he brought something different to Chelsea.  But I hope this is the beginning of the end for Abramovich, money can't buy you everything as he has found out with Chelsea's inability to win the Champions League and also the absent seats on Tuesday night showed just how far Chelsea are from the likes of the Liverpool's and United's when it comes to tradition and loyal fans!

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Kentucky Blue

Not a chelsea fan but i always thought jose was a great laugh especially in his interviews after games where the result didnt go his way!

maybe resigning at this stage of the season was a bit eggstreme  :D

Balboa

I actually thought Mourinho was good value, i have said before that i am not sure how good Abramovich will be for Chelsea in the long run, he seems to treat them as if he is managing them in Championship Manager on the Playstation. As regards his transfer dealings, i dont think you can hold Mourinho accountable for those, many of the players were bought at Abramovich's behest, most notably Sheva, it was obvious Mourinho did not want him. Saw this morning on Sky that a Sun reporter (i know, hear me out) who is very close to the English Chelsea players reckons a bust up with Terry was the last straw.

Deal_Me_In

Quote from: Balboa on September 20, 2007, 10:34:54 AM
I actually thought Mourinho was good value, i have said before that i am not sure how good Abramovich will be for Chelsea in the long run, he seems to treat them as if he is managing them in Championship Manager on the Playstation. As regards his transfer dealings, i dont think you can hold Mourinho accountable for those, many of the players were bought at Abramovich's behest, most notably Sheva, it was obvious Mourinho did not want him. Saw this morning on Sky that a Sun reporter (i know, hear me out) who is very close to the English Chelsea players reckons a bust up with Terry was the last straw.

Balboa, was that between Abramovich and Terry or Mourinho and Terry?

magpie seanie

An incredible mistake by the corrupt one. Think it is bad news for Chelsea. Hopefully they will do badly now and it will encourage Abramovich to feck off.

Balboa

Quote from: Deal_Me_In on September 20, 2007, 10:41:26 AM
Quote from: Balboa on September 20, 2007, 10:34:54 AM

Balboa, was that between Abramovich and Terry or Mourinho and Terry?

Terry & Mourinho allegedley, player power? who would have thought......

full back

If I was a Chelsea player/supporter it wouldnt bother me too much that he was gone (IMHO)
Although a decent manager, with all the money he had he still couldnt bring home the CL
Other managers have achieved it without spending as much money

gawa316

Glad to see the back of him, thought he was a twat.

Am I the only one in thinking he was at times tactical inept? If things weren't going right he would just push Huth (at the time) or Terry up front and knock long balls to them and drogba hoping for something to happen

From the Bunker

Will be missed, especially by "Gift Grub". Look as a manager there is no doubting his talents. FFS he won the champions league with Porto. One of the few people in the top flight of english football that could deal with Ferguson (Wenger always a disaster).

Great Leap Forward

Quote from: full back on September 20, 2007, 10:57:38 AM

Although a decent manager, with all the money he had he still couldnt bring home the CL
Other managers have achieved it without spending as much money

Most notably a certain Mr J Mourinho at FC Porto.