Mourinho Gone!!

Started by cill_dara, September 20, 2007, 12:43:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cill_dara

Apparently Jose Mourinho has quit Chelsea after a Blazing row With Roman Ambramovich after the Rosenberg match  :o

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7003912.stm

cill_dara

Unamed Chelsea player confirms it on SSN jeez  :o Hiddink to takeover me thinks

Norf Tyrone

I heard this at 11pm tonight, but a guy that's always right on the Chelsea chat page said it was bollix.

5 mins later, he stated that he believed it to be true. At that stage it was vitually fact.

Looks like he (edited to say Jose) texted 5 players (I'd guess JT, Lamps, Cech, Maka and Carvalho) to say he was walking. Chelsea had a premier tonight of a new DVD, and JT and Lamps didn't appear. Probably couldn't stomach the fact that he was leaving.

It's expected that Jose will say his good byes at training in the morning. Devastated that he's gone to be honest. The football over the last 18 months hasn't been exciting, but after 2 league titles I believe we are in a mini transition mode. Fergie has had 20 odd years (Or whatever it is) of regenerating his team. Winning a few titles, then rebuilding etc. In addition last year the flair players, Cole and Robben were injured for much of the year, Sheva didn't workout, and with injuries to JT and Cech he had to ask his fullbacks- esp Ashley Cole- to be more conservative.

The King is dead..............

I expect Grant, Koeman and Ramos to be in the shake up. Hiddink's Russian connections will make him a shout too.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

José sacked being reported now......

....Looks like I have my Chelsea back  >:(

stew

Ferguson and that Wegner will cream themselves at that news. That is amazing news. Chelsea will do well to hold it together in the next few months, they are going to be rocked by this news and have lost their best manager ever and he will be tough to replace, a bit like us in Armagh really!  ;)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Owenmoresider

Was about to call it a night when I spotted this. Reading it on F365 now.

Mourinho sacked after Chelsea crisis meeting

Jose Mourinho has ended his three-year reign as Chelsea manager following his latest bust up with owner Roman Abramovich, according to reports.

Abramovich called crisis talks following Tuesday night's disappointing 1-1 draw with Norwegian minnows Rosenborg in the Champions League where the fractious duo had furious falling out.

Mourinho is believed to have informed senior players of his departure following training on Wednesday. One of those players insists that the manager has not resigned but has been sacked by the Blues.

During the launch of a new Chelsea documentary - Blue Revolution - at the Vue cinema in Fulham on Thursday night an emotional Mourinho refused to talk to the press unaware the story had been leaked. He is understood to have confirmed his departure to the players in attendance, which did not include Frank Lampard and John Terry.

Mourinho's rocky relationship with Abramovich is public knowledge and despite an apparent thaw in relations last season the duo were again at odds over the role of £30million striker Andrei Shevchenko and the Blues' dour style of football even before Tuesday's result brought events to a head.

The Portuguese manager, who has won the Champions League with Porto and two Premier League titles as Chelsea manager, was the subject of continual scrutiny last season and hinted at an exit last summer when he admitted he 'was a bit fed up with certain things' at the club.

Many betting companies have stopped taking odds on Mourinho quitting Chelsea, but the club have yet to confirm the reports.

After three-years at the London club the self-styled 'Special One' is expected to take training for the final time on Thursday, when he will say good bye to his players.

Chelsea's next match is against Premier League champions Manchester United at Old Trafford on Sunday.

Norf Tyrone

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/NewsHomePage/0,,10268~1116424,00.html

Confirmed.

I was gutted when John Neal, Johnny Hollins, Luca, Gullit, and Ranieri left. Gutted again.

I know in a few weeks there will be another boss at the helm, winning matches (Hopefully), and life moves on. However there'll always only EVER be one Jose. Was a major contributor to doing something that I never ever imagined would happened...winning the league.

I just hope it remains graceful, and a public dissin of the club doesn't occur. It's kinda enivitable now though.......

Puckoon

He wants to be available when tottenham come knocking. :D :D :D Hup the gunners!

J70

el_cuervo_fc

Grant set to take over at Chelsea 
Chelsea are set to name Avram Grant as their new manager replacing former boss Jose Mourinho, BBC Sport understands.
The Israeli, who was the director of football, will now take charge with Steve Clarke as his assistant.

More to follow.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7004083.stm

as a liverpool fan I'm sad to see Mourinho go.  Arrogant as he was it was still entertainment.  He brought some colour to the premiership

Gnevin

What "genius" will they get now, will be a hard job with unlimited funds to spend  ::)
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

The Subbie

In the words of Ben Dunne are you watching John Delaney  ;D ;D

Goats Do Shave

Hank Everlast

I heard on radio one the that its a close friend of roman taking over.... used to manage macabi haifa and tel aviv!!

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Hank Everlast on September 20, 2007, 08:38:16 AM
I heard on radio one the that its a close friend of roman taking over.... used to manage macabi haifa and tel aviv!!

as quoted above

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7004083.stm

Grant set to take over at Chelsea  

Avram Grant was at Portsmouth before joining Chelsea
Chelsea are set to name Avram Grant as their new manager replacing former boss Jose Mourinho, BBC Sport understands.
The Israeli, who was the director of football, will now take charge with Steve Clarke as his assistant.

Grant will be named as the new manager at Stamford Bridge later today, BBC Sport's Garry Richardson has revealed.

The 51-year-old, who is a close friend of Roman Abramovich, arrived at Chelsea in the summer and was told by Mourinho not to interfere in team affairs.

Grant, who up until now has held a place on the Chelsea board, arrived at Stamford Bridge after a spell as technical director at Portsmouth.

Previously he guided Israel to the brink of World Cup qualification in 2006 and he has also coached Maccabi Tel-Aviv and Maccabi Haifa.

Former Chelsea player and BBC pundit Gavin Peacock said the appointment was a strange one.

"If you're bringing in someone like (Russia manager) Guus Hiddink, then you're bringing in someone of great repute, as for Grant, I don't know."