3 (1.5%)
Norris, David
7 (3.4%)
Scallon, Dana Rosemary
7 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 206

Ulick

Quote from: Pangurban on October 26, 2011, 12:55:31 AM
Whoever should win this election, should consider what has been lost in the process. The Irish media industry stand exposed as partisan, untruthful and incompetent. Irish society has been exposed as devoid of vision, and an inability to learn from past mistakes. Northern Nationalists have seen their aspirations trampled upon and are now totally abandoned. When your colonial masters treat you with more respect than your fellow countryman, the time has come to consider your position. Michael D has behaved with presidential decorum and dignity and will probably succeed to the presidency. Sadly he will preside over a bankrupt,fractured state, that has turned its back on its history and culture, and has no future other than a pleasant playground for rich european elites

Spot on Pangurban.

sheamy

Quote from: Bingo on October 26, 2011, 09:40:56 AM
Quote from: Nally Stand on October 26, 2011, 12:47:24 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 25, 2011, 10:58:59 PM
I'd rather have a man with a dodgy £5k in his background than a man involved in the murder and maiming of men, women and children.

Michael Collins?  ::)

Michael Collins never lied or hid what he done.

St Michael  ;D

Maybe because he died at 31 and twitter wasn't what it is now?...

Olly

Whoever should win this election, should consider what has been lost in the process. The Irish media industry stand exposed as partisan, untruthful and incompetent. Irish society has been exposed as devoid of vision, and an inability to learn from past mistakes. Northern Nationalists have seen their aspirations trampled upon and are now totally abandoned. When your colonial masters treat you with more respect than your fellow countryman, the time has come to consider your position. Michael D has behaved with presidential decorum and dignity and will probably succeed to the presidency. Sadly he will preside over a bankrupt,fractured state, that has turned its back on its history and culture, and has no future other than a pleasant playground for rich european elites

Yes! Yaaaarrrrr!!! Right on matey! This has got my blood going now. I feel like going out and throwing rocks at policemen or banging the ground with binlids. I agree with everything here and will go even further. Should we start another armed campaign and go down the Basque route and look for an independent part of the country. We can call it something new like FATDAD with the initial of every county in it. We are the good people and the south are like Limbo or purgatory. Leave them to their money-making corrupt European mindset whilst we will continue to promote the language, music, culture, family breeding and land feudal systems.

I've never felt so exhilarated or liberated. This is a new start. Come back up Martin and lead us into paradise. 2016 will see a new and better island. It's a bit like drinking fresh banana juice. The bad bits are at the bottom.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: sheamy on October 26, 2011, 09:52:47 AM
I'd rather have a man with a dodgy £5k in his background than a man involved in the murder and maiming of men, women and children.

St Michael  ;D

:D :D :D :D

Well said

Some of the Southern Partitionists on this board really are a laugh! They would soon put you off joining them!!!!

Bingo

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on October 26, 2011, 10:02:48 AM

St Michael  ;D

Well said

Some of the Southern Partitionists on this board really are a laugh! They would soon put you off joining them!!!!

Who said we wanted yous?  :D

Tubberman

Quote from: Olly on October 26, 2011, 10:00:47 AM

Yes! Yaaaarrrrr!!! Right on matey! This has got my blood going now. I feel like going out and throwing rocks at policemen or banging the ground with binlids. I agree with everything here and will go even further. Should we start another armed campaign and go down the Basque route and look for an independent part of the country. We can call it something new like FATDAD with the initial of every county in it. We are the good people and the south are like Limbo or purgatory. Leave them to their money-making corrupt European mindset whilst we will continue to promote the language, music, culture, family breeding and land feudal systems.

I've never felt so exhilarated or liberated. This is a new start. Come back up Martin and lead us into paradise. 2016 will see a new and better island. It's a bit like drinking fresh banana juice. The bad bits are at the bottom.

:D :D Brilliant stuff!
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

AQMP

Jaysus, you go off the board for a couple of days and the whole place goes ape shite!

Tubberman

Quote from: Bingo on October 26, 2011, 10:07:59 AM
Quote from: Radda bout yeee on October 26, 2011, 10:02:48 AM

St Michael  ;D

Well said

Who said we wanted yous?  :D

It does highlight that there are fairly big differences in outlook between north and south though.
I'm not sure about this, but maybe there's some confusion because in the north if you're nationalist you vote SF (more or less), and in the south it's not as cut and dried.
So if a person in the south doesn't vote SF, some northerners seem to think this means they don't want a UI or give a sh*te about the north. That's not necessarily the case at all.

As Appliesisapples has said, if there is to be a United Ireland, it's not going to be a utopia for anyone.
For us in the south, it won't be carry on as normal with the 6 northern counties merely slotting in to our existing structures.
For those in the north, it's not going to be some northern nationalist republic that extends into and consumes the 26.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

supersub

Quote from: Sea The Stars on October 26, 2011, 12:44:37 AM
Quote from: Ulick on October 26, 2011, 12:26:26 AM
Quote from: Sea The Stars on October 26, 2011, 12:22:19 AM
Ulick can you summarise what the problem is with Gallagher's accounts?

Gallagher and his partner tooks large sums of cash from two companies which were in receipt of state grant aid. Companies subsequently went bust and other investors lost their money, while Gallagher and other lad walked off with fat wallets.

Was it stated as fact on Vincent Browne that "companies subsequent went bust", that "investors lost their money" and that "Gallagher walked off with with a fat wallet". Answer = No.

Can we take any post you post on here as being truth any more? You fell from the same tree as Mr. McGuinness !!

Quite the opposite, it was confirmed that any creditors from said business were paid back!

Nally Stand

St Michael  ;D

OK I would have assumed that a man who led the IRA would have hid more than a few things but apparently not  :D

So if not Collins, is it Tom Barry or Dan Breen who "maimed and murdered men, women and children"? Or were all the members of the Old IRA whiter than white, and did they all openly tell everyone what they did, as posts to this board over the years have led me to believe? Surely Mick Collins wasn't the only Saint after all!
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Hardy

Right. The presidential election is all about Northern Nationalists. Their rights are trampled upon because the people refuse to do Sinn Féin's bidding. Everything we do down here must be pre-approved by the few self-appointed cultural censors who not only see themselves as our betters but constantly go out of their way to proclaim it here.

I'm sorry, but I'm not accepting any lectures today from people who are capable of the simultaneous condemnation of one liar and blind idolatry of the liar who trapped him. And I'm never accepting lectures, today or any other day, from anybody who has the barefaced hubris and gall to proclaim himself and/or his community superior to me and/or mine.

sheamy

1.     Gallagher has refused to answer questions about the €83,000 loan he took from his own company. The law says you can take a loan  of 10% from your own company. Gallagher took a loan of 70% and so clearly breached the law, which could have landed him in jail. He says it was all a misunderstanding.
2.     In 2001,  Louth Enterprise Board put a loan of over €25,000 into a firm co-owned by Gallagher.  In 2004 the Louth Board came looking for its money but in the meantime Gallagher's firm had changed its name and claimed its right to pay back nothing. After a legal dispute, Gallagher's firm paid back some but not all of the money.  Nobody knows how much. Or little.
3.     "I sought no money. I received no money from anybody" – Sean Gallagher during Monday's debate.
4.     "It's very feasible that if I did deliver to his (Hugh Morgan's) premises a photograph, he may well have given me a cheque".  – Sean Gallagher on RTÉ yesterday.
5.     "I think I mentioned it to possibly three or four people, and I have no idea to this day whether or not they made a donation". – Sean Gallagher on RTÉ, 20th October.

http://judecollinsjournalist.blogspot.com/

Hardy

Quote from: highorlow on October 26, 2011, 08:38:38 AM
QuoteWhat does a person of the people actually mean?

If Gallagher and Higgin's were in a room together at a social function it would be Gallagher that the majority of people would approach and talk to.

That is my definition of it.

And if Gallagher and Higgins and some boy band mimer or "celebrity chef" were in the same room, Gallagher and Higgins would be trampled.

highorlow

QuoteAnd if Gallagher and Higgins and some boy band mimer or "celebrity chef" were in the same room, Gallagher and Higgins would be trampled.

Stick with the candidates and the topic please.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go