La Liga 2010/11 season

Started by ross4life, August 23, 2010, 06:50:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Barca couldn't beat Athletic last night - second leg will be tough.

paco

Think it's just what they needed though gallsman, a dissapointing result just to make sure they don't get complacent over the break. Have to credit Bilbao though, they were excellent last night.

ross4life

Half empty Camp Nou & plenty players rested would suggest Barca don't take the cup too serious
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

paco

That doesn't mean they wouldn't have expected to beat an Athletic Bilbao team who were without their best player.

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

David McKeown

Did the ball go out of play between Madrids sixth and seventh goals there?
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

gallsman

7-0. Wow, they must be far better than those flash-in-the-pan nobodies at Barcelona.

Couldn't do it in the Premiership though.

paco

Quote from: gallsman on December 22, 2010, 10:48:22 PM
7-0. Wow, they must be far better than those flash-in-the-pan nobodies at Barcelona.

I'm guessing you were listening to Andy Gray on Monday night? Insightful as ever!

Minder

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/dec/21/the-fiver-christmas-awards-2010

"that was before Sky Sports analyst Andy Gray announced that Barcelona ain't all that and said "Let's see Lionel Messi do it at Stoke".
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gallsman

Much as I think Andy Gray's a twat, no, it was more directed at the myriad of posters who talk about how weak La Liga is in comparison to the Promised Land of the Premiership.

ross4life

Quote from: Minder on December 22, 2010, 10:53:43 PM

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/dec/21/the-fiver-christmas-awards-2010

"that was before Sky Sports analyst Andy Gray announced that Barcelona ain't all that and said "Let's see Lionel Messi do it at Stoke".

"I twist my neck and I stare at my ass. My fat butt cheeks aren't a particularly edifying spectacle but ... over time it's taught me a lesson: my ass is earthquake-proof."

A classic from Mr Ancelotti there  :D

ONeill

Xavi made more successful passes today (156) than the whole of the Levante side (115).
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ross4life

Real Madrid 1-3 up, two for Ronaldo thats 27 goals in 27 matches this season or 46 goals in 46 games league games since he joined Madrid

HiguaĆ­n is out for the season so looks like more game time for Benzema.

ross4life

2-3 & Madrid down to 10 men should make a interesting last 4mins + injury time

Boycey

Another 3 for Ronnie tonight, 63 in 62 games.