La Liga 2010/11 season

Started by ross4life, August 23, 2010, 06:50:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: Boycey on January 09, 2011, 07:50:54 PM
Another 3 for Ronnie tonight, 63 in 62 games.

Regardless of how good the team he is on or the opposition (and Villarreal are a good team) he has been phenomenal since joining Madrid.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Norf Tyrone

No matter how much of a dick he can be, he's some footballer. Him and that young fella for Barcelona are so much better than anything else in the world.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ross4life

Lucky offside goal pulled this win out of the bag
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

David McKeown

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 09, 2011, 07:53:12 PM

No matter how much of a dick he can be, he's some footballer. Him and that young fella for Barcelona are so much better than anything else in the world.

With the exception of those other two fellas at Barca
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

paco

Mourinho shows his class again bouncing around in front of the Villareal bench when Madrid went in front, Cani done right throwing a bottle at the ****.

Boycey

Quote from: David McKeown on January 09, 2011, 07:58:32 PM

Suppose this is gonna cause another row but in my opinion he's in the same bracket as those Barca players. His biggest drawback is that he seems to be a thoroughly dislikable bollix..

ross4life

Quote from: paco on January 09, 2011, 08:09:56 PM
Mourinho shows his class again bouncing around in front of the Villareal bench when Madrid went in front, Cani done right throwing a bottle at the ****.

Yup saw that maureen always wants the headlines about himself it seems
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Norf Tyrone

Fair point, but CR & LM have that bit more entertainment value. Xavi and Iniesta are quite good too.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

David McKeown

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 09, 2011, 08:15:27 PM

Fair point, but CR & LM have that bit more entertainment value. Xavi and Iniesta are quite good too.

I suppose it comes down to what you value more and I'm just of the opinion that Xavi is the best passer and controller of a match in the world and for me that as entertaining as anything Messi or Cronaldo can do.

I noticed last week Xavi had more passes and time in possession than the entire team he was playing against
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

paco

Hard to argue with Ronaldo's stats, but I still think Messi is on a different planet. Ronaldo seems obsessed with being the best and doing everything on his own to prove it, normally at the expense of his team mates. His stats aren't bad though...

Boycey

Quote from: paco on January 09, 2011, 08:20:45 PM
Hard to argue with Ronaldo's stats, but I still think Messi is on a different planet. Ronaldo seems obsessed with being the best and doing everything on his own to prove it, normally at the expense of his team mates. His stats aren't bad though...

You are the master of understatement ;D

ross4life

Good to see Kaka back & scoring after his injury hell, one of the best on his day.

gallsman

I love the way people talk about Barcelona as Messi, Xavi and Iniesta.

That Villa guy, he's no use. Pedro neither. Dani Alves is crap. Pique can't defend for shit.

ross4life

Quote from: gallsman on January 09, 2011, 10:36:46 PM

That Villa guy, he's no use. Pedro neither. Dani Alves is crap. Pique can't defend for shit.

Who? name & shame

paco

Quote from: gallsman on January 09, 2011, 10:36:46 PM

I think Busquets has really come on this season as well, he's been brilliant for the past few weeks. Pedro has been great as well, 8 goals in his last 7 I think. Looking forward to hopefully seeing Afellay on Wednesday night in the cup.