La Liga 2010/11 season

Started by ross4life, August 23, 2010, 06:50:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paco

Quote from: gallsman on December 06, 2010, 09:00:51 PM
Quote from: David McKeown on December 06, 2010, 07:57:37 PM
Yeah I'd heard Iniesta has won it too. I'd have him last of those three. Someone pointed out to me today Sneijder hasn't scored from play for Inter for 13 months so maybe it's not a surprise that he didn't make the final three

I don't think anyone could have complained if any three of the four in contention made the shortlist, but I personally feel the three who made it are the most deserving.

I love all three and think Iniesta and Xavi are two of the best players on th planet, but on a year by year basis I just can't find fault with Messi. People will continuously say he had a poor World Cup. He did in my hole, he was fantastic - just because he didn't score didn't make him poor. Just like in the Clasico.

It's amazing the amount of people who can't understand this logic!

David McKeown

Yeah I'd heard Iniesta has won it too. I'd have him last of those three. Someone pointed out to me today Sneijder hasn't scored from play for Inter for 13 months so maybe it's not a surprise that he didn't make the final three

I don't think anyone could have complained if any three of the four in contention made the shortlist, but I personally feel the three who made it are the most deserving.

I love all three and think Iniesta and Xavi are two of the best players on th planet, but on a year by year basis I just can't find fault with Messi. People will continuously say he had a poor World Cup. He did in my hole, he was fantastic - just because he didn't score didn't make him poor. Just like in the Clasico.

I dont think Messi had a poor world cup, I just think the other three had much much better world cups Xavi with two 100+ passes games and his control of every match he played, Iniesta with some strong performances and the winner in the final and Sneijder with this 5 goals and commanding performances for what for me was an otherwise average dutch side.  Mind you I can't remember who won the golden ball in the tournament (if thats what the awards called) for player of the tournament?
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

gallsman

Quote from: David McKeown on December 06, 2010, 10:48:08 PM

I dont think Messi had a poor world cup, I just think the other three had much much better world cups Xavi with two 100+ passes games and his control of every match he played, Iniesta with some strong performances and the winner in the final and Sneijder with this 5 goals and commanding performances for what for me was an otherwise average dutch side.  Mind you I can't remember who won the golden ball in the tournament (if thats what the awards called) for player of the tournament?

Forlan. Possibly deservedly.

ross4life

On Sky Sports last night Ray Wilkins said the only team capable of knocking Barcelona out of this seasons champions league is Chelsea! was asked how? with great difficulty...
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

gallsman

2-0 win last night with a team of kids. They'll be incredibly hard to stop and are rightfully favourites but anything can happen over two legs.

Hoof Hearted

at it again tonight. 3-0 up with 40 mins to go. messi has just got he ball on the right wing, played THREE one-two's with danny alves, and slotted it in - amazing

commentator said there are other talent shows on tonight, but this team is the best
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

paco

His second goal wasn't too bad.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: paco on December 12, 2010, 09:50:36 PM
His second goal wasn't too bad.

amazing aswell, i guess most of the so called footie fans wont have saw his first goal, x factor was on
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

ExiledGael

The best team I've ever seen.
They completed over 900 passes tonight, the most that has ever been recorded since Opta began.

ross4life

Messi makes the game look so simple.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

gallsman

Just a stunning, stunning performance.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ross4life

The Real Laoislad

Some miss from Messi,he is human afterall
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Minder

Some finish by Xavi. Barcelona were 6/5 to win "to nil".
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"